***March 2011 Spaces***
Welcome to March 2011 and Congratulations to you all!
Please reserve your spot here AFTER you get your BFP.
Spaces are reserved for sharing...
1. Something brief about yourself
2. Info about your appointments
3. Pics of your BFP, your growing belly, ultrasounds, nursery shots, etc.
4. Additional pregnancy tickers
5. Anything else you want to share related to your pregnancy (please keep as brief as possible).
Please read the following before posting!
* This is a NO COMMENTS thread. Please post your newest belly pictures to the general threads for comments.
* Once you reserve your "space," edit it each time you post something new. Please DO NOT create a new post for each new picture/piece of info you are posting. Do this by clicking the "edit" button in the bottom right hand corner of your post.
* Because this is already a picture-heavy thread, please turn off your signatures. You can do this by un-checking the "Show your signature" button before your click "submit" to post your message.
* Most importantly, POST PICTURES! We want to see those growing bumps and beautiful babies!
Last edited by verdouxkai; 06-21-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Last edited by mommys; 08-22-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Last edited by AshnBill; 07-22-2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: miscarriage
I am 26, a work-at-home mom (writer), and a part-time cake decorator. DH (Mark) and I were married December 31st, 2006, and our first child (a daughter) was born October 27, 2007. We are now expecting Baby #2, due March 6, 2011.
Weds. July 21st-- First Perinatal Appt.
Fri. August 6th-- First Ob/Gyn Appt.
We're having a Baby!
She's looking forward to being a Big Sister!
BFP: June 22, 2010
Told DH: June 23, 2010
Last edited by bluewingz; 08-02-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Renee’s March Space
Hi, I'm Renee. I have been married to my husband since October 12, 2002 and we have one daughter who is 7. We live on the Florida Gulf Coast and are *thrilled* that we are expecting Baby #2. I am 44 years old so the odds of me conceiving naturally with my own eggs was 2%. It's like winning the lottery!
Based on LMP 03/05/11 however first u/s pegged me at 03/06/11. I will be a scheduled C-Section so we are angling for Tuesday 03/01/11 unless Baby has other ideas.
C-Section scheduled for March 1st at 7:30 AM unless Cole decides to be a February baby
1) First OBGyn Appt: July 21st @ 2:00 PM - 7w4d - Saw and heard heartbeat at 140bpm!!
2) Second OBGyn Appt: August 19th @ 3:45 PM - 11w5d- Doc was able to get the heartbeat via doppler after searching for the longest 30 seconds. 161 bpm!!
3) Third OBGyn Appt: September 16th @ 10:00 AM - 15w5d - Baby's heartbeat was strong in the 150s!
4) Level II U/S and Amnio Appt: October 5th - 18w3d - The u/s tech gave us an ALL CLEAR so we nixed the amnio. We are having a healthy baby boy!!!!
5) Fourth OBGyn Appt: October 14th @ 10:00 AM - 19w5d - Halfway baked appointment!!! No problem finding Cole's heartbeat these days. Everyone is on track - no concerns 'boring' OB appointment.
6) Fifth OBGyn Appt: November 11th @ 10:00 AM - 23w5d - This is my viability appointment! No concerns and Cole's heartbeat remains strong in the high 150s/low 160s. I am now measuring 3 weeks ahead! Yikes! Big baby coming...
7) Sixth OBGyn Appt: December 8th @ 4:00 PM - 27w4d - FANTASTIC! Marginal placenta previa gone; Cole is doing great: 148 BPM and measuring 1 week ahead at 2 lbs 11 oz. C-Section tentatively scheduled for March 1 unless he decides to come early.
Eight) Seventh OBGyn Appt: December 22nd @ 1:45 PM - Appointments every other week now. Passed my gestational diabetes test and am not anemic! Good blood pressure, Cole's HB is strong but he likes the transverse position in utero.
9) Eighth OBGyn Appt: January 6th @ 11:15 AM - Great 'boring' appointment. Cole's HB at 145, my BP 100/70, no weight gain over Christmas - up 24 pounds so far. Measuring 1 week ahead still.
10) Ninth OBGyn Appt: January 13th @ 10:00 AM - Our first Non Stress Test was today! It lasted about 30 minutes and we had no problems. Decent blood pressure at 110/70, no protein in urine. I got a pep talk about preterm labor signs and when to call the docs as I was sent out the door.
11) Tenth OBGyn Appt: January 20th @10:00 AM - Hrmph! They asked me to show early at 9:45 AM and I did. Then they let me sit for an hour! No communication re the delay, women coming for their appts and leaving while I am still sitting there. Turns out they double booked the NST room. Guess I am skipping this week - rebooking for next Tuesday.
12) Eleventh OBGyn Appt: January 25th @10:00 AM - No worries, regular appointment. Because I am soooo AMA, I am scheduled for a late term U/S next week to check fluid levels, baby growth/size, cervix length, placenta health, etc.
13) Twelvth OBGyn Appt: February 1st @11:00 AM - Cole passed his BPP with 8 out of 8! He was asleep for most of the test. At one point I nudged him and called his name and he raised a little balled fist to his eye, rubbed it sleepily and then settled back down. So neat to to see it real time on the u/s screen. No health issues for him or me. All systems go for a March 1 birthday, unless he wants to be a February baby. His legs are long, he's got chubby cheeks and hair; u/s tech guessed his weight already around 6 lbs 14 oz. She jokingly told me not to make a big investment in newborn or 0-3 size clothing. I can't wait to meet my big healthy boy!!
14) Thirteenth OBGyn Appt: February 9th @ 09:30 AM - All checks at appointment clean. Measuring 2 weeks ahead at 39 weeks! He is still lying transverse...it's like wearing a baby innertube around my waist! Only 2 doctor appointments left.
15) Fourteenth OBGyn Appt: February 15th @ 10:45 AM - Tricky NST as one nurse and three techs had trouble keeping the sensor on him. Besides turning back to transverse in utero (GRRR!!!) in the end all checked out well. BP and urine are clean, GBS (negative), iron and platelets are good. Have gained a total of 32 pounds so far (gained a total of 37 with DD). ONE appointment left before I am a Mom again!
16) LAST OBGyn Appt: February 21st @ 10:45 - I got a freebie u/s to verify that he is now turned vertex! No more worries of transverse or breech. I have firm appointment for March 1st. Just counting the last few uncomfortable days.
Cole's First Photo
No Doubt It's A Boy
3D Photo at 28 Weeks
9 Weeks 4 Days:
13 Weeks 4 Days:
16 Weeks 4 Days:
21 Weeks 4 Days:
23 Weeks 5 Days:
26 Weeks 1 Day:
31 Weeks 1 Day:
34 Weeks 6 Days:
Ready for Cole
Wall Hanging Above Chair
Uppa Baby Stroller
Last edited by Fingers Crossed in FL; 02-25-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Last edited by Karls wifeypoo; 09-21-2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: loss
*****removed myself from board due to personal preferences**************
wish everyone the best.
Last edited by luv2bmom; 12-26-2010 at 09:51 PM.
06.29.10: early intrauterine pregnancy confirmed!
07.13.10: baby measuring 7w1d, heartbeat 145
09.30.10: healthy, super squirmy baby, and
08.03.10: intake - filled paperwork, pee cup, and blood tubes
08.05.10: 10+ weeks, heard heartbeat with doppler
09.03.10: 14+ weeks, heard heartbeat again, everything looks good
09.30.10: 18+ weeks, played chase with the doppler, and u/s!
10.28.10: didn't happen - they MOVED and didn't tell me!
11.02.10: 23 weeks at the new OB's, everything great, love them!
11.30.10: 27 weeks, measuring 29 weeks, everything looks perfect
12.21.10: 30 weeks, measuring 32 weeks, they're guessing a bigger baby this time
01.04.11: 32 weeks, measuring 34 weeks, lost mucous plug, everything else normal
01.18.11: 34 weeks, measuring 37 weeks, want to do an u/s if I make it to 37 weeks
02.01.11... 9:45am (at the McMurray office) OOPS! She's here!
pre-pregnancy: about 150lbs
(from the doctor's office)
10 weeks: 150lbs
14 weeks: 154lbs
18 weeks: 153lbs
23 weeks: 156lbs
27 weeks: 158lbs
(different office scale)
30 weeks: 165lbs
32 weeks: 169lbs
34 weeks: 174lbs
20 weeks: 41"-42"-41"
27 weeks: 41"-44"-41"
31 weeks: 42"-45"-41"
32 weeks: 42"-46"-41"
35 weeks: 42"-48"-41"
There are still one or two little things I'd like to add, but it's finally done!!!
(before pics are on the bunny's September 09 space - (here) )
And some close-ups of the bedding set...
Last edited by jaders; 07-11-2011 at 10:54 PM.
My name is Mary (26 at time of conception) and DH is Tom (27 at time of conception). We met in college in 2001, started dating in 2002, and got married on September 27, 2008. We were lucky enough to conceive our first child while on our honeymoon and on June 30, 2009, I gave birth to our DS Sean Thomas. We fell so deeply in love with him that we couldn't wait to start trying for more children. My DH is now a SAHD and I work full-time. I get a little jealous at times because DH gets to be with DS all the time and I feel like I miss out on so much, but I just consider us very fortunate that my job pays well enough that DH can stay home with him. We also have one dog, a Boston Terrier named Peanut, who was born November 27th, 2006.
We wanted to begin TTC in January 2010, but due to BFing (actually EPing) DS, I didn't get my first AF until mid-February. We TTC after that, but my cycles were still out of whack. That cycle lasted 6 weeks and was a BFN. We did conceive the following cycle in April, but it was not meant to be and ended with a miscarriage on May 26th, 2010. I was devastated, but not surprised. I had been bleeding off and on since two days after the BFP. After 4 betas and 2 ultrasounds, the doctor thought everything was okay, but I knew in my heart that I should not be bleeding like that. I hoped and prayed for my bean to survive, but in the end, it simply was not meant to be.
I took some time to grieve the loss of my little bean, but DH and I talked and quickly decided that we just wanted to jump back in and try again. We decided not to even wait for my AF following the m/c and just started it all over again. It was a long, frustrating cycle... I didn't ovulate until the 28th day after my m/c. But I was amazed to see a faint (but definitely there!) line on an IC HPT at 10dpo. I didn't want DH to know I had tested until we had a BOLD positive, so I made a secret trip to the store after work that day and bought a FRER. I brought it home and tested and the line was BEAUTIFUL!! So I went ahead and used a digital that I already had. I knew it was less sensitive than the FRER, so I wasn't sure if it would be positive, but after a few moments (that seemed like forever), the word "Pregnant" popped up!! I took the tests to DH who seemed unsurprised and gave all the credit to his super-sperm. Our EDD is March 15th, 2011 (later changed by u/s dating to March 16th). DH's birthday is March 7th, so it would be cool for the baby to be born on his birthday... Or on St. Patty's Day!!
A picture of us when DS was about 2 months old:
July 2, 2010 - 10 DPO
July 8, 2010 - 16 DPO
July 11, 2010 - 19 DPO
July 27th @ 9:30am
Appointment with OB Coordinator. Initial education and blood/urine tests. This turned out to be an AMAZING appointment! We were surprised when she ordered us a dating u/s because I didn't have an LMP date due to not having AF after the m/c in May. The bean had a beautiful little heartbeat of 146 beats per minute. (S)he measured one day behind my estimate (6w6d instead of 7 weeks), changing my EDD from March 15th to March 16th. Hoping for a St. Patty's Day baby!
August 25th @ 12:15pm
First OB Appointment. Nothing exciting... Still considering switching to a new practice. Did get a mini-ultrasound today at 11 weeks.
September 17th @ 3:10pm
Elective early gender scan. Ultrasound tech said it's a "definite" boy. But I'm not 100% convinced and only 14w2d, so I'll be awaiting confirmation at my big u/s at the OB's office. But tentatively, Sean might have a little brother!!
September 20th @ 9am
OB Appointment - 14w5d. Heard the heartbeat, but I've been listening to it at home for weeks.
October 18th @ 8:30am
Big ultrasound! It's a BOY!! We are thrilled to have another little boy joining our family. I can't wait to watch the relationship develop between Sean and this new little boy. I hope they are the best of friends.
The doctor said everything looked normal on the u/s, but I was a little nervous when the tech lingered over the baby's spine area for a little longer than she spent on any other parts. I hope they're not keeping anything from me. It could have just been that baby's angle made it difficult for her to get the right shot.
I also had blood drawn for my quad screen. Since I was there first thing Monday morning, the doc said the results should be back by the end of the week, and he would only call me if the results were abnormal. The week has since ended and I didn't receive a call, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I'll give them a few days next week too, just in case they were being slow. I really hope my results showed low risk of all those birth defects!
November 17th @ 2:30pm
23 Week Appointment.
11 Weeks 5 Days
14 Weeks 2 Days - Boy??
August 11, 2010 - 9 Weeks - Heard the heartbeat on the home doppler for the first time!! ...But also started some light bleeding. Praying this little bean will stick.
September 3, 2010 - 12 Weeks 2 Days - Bleeding has become heavy and bright red with clots and tissue passing. Scared to death of another m/c.
September 6, 2010 (Labor Day) - 12 Weeks 5 Days - After a grueling weekend of heavy bleeding (thank goodness I was off work), I finally get in to see the doc. He checked my cervix which was very much closed and he couldn't spot any active bleeding. He did an ultrasound to find a bean with a heartbeat!! I am astounded that anything could have survived the bleeding that I had. It has tapered off now, and I hope it doesn't return. The doc's best guess was that I had a subchorionic hematoma that finally worked its way out. I hope he's correct.
October 24th, 2010 - 19 Weeks 4 Days - The bleeding that stopped on Labor Day has never returned, and we are so grateful for that. The last several weeks from them have really been a blur. I spent so long not bonding with this pregnancy because I was scared of losing it, and now suddenly I'm halfway to the finish line. I felt this little boy start moving inside of me at around 16 weeks, the same as with Sean. His movements are slowly starting to get stronger, despite an anterior placenta. I can't wait until I feel big rolling movements and knees/elbows/etc in my ribs and bladder. I just want this baby to thrive and be healthy!
Last edited by marymoonu; 10-24-2010 at 11:58 AM.