***Our August Bumblebee's Spaces***
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: ***Our August Bumblebee's Spaces***

  1. #1
    Mega Poster WonderWomanExtrodinare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default ***Our August Bumblebee's Spaces***

    Our August Bumblebee's Baby Spaces
    August Moms: Please reserve your baby's space now!

    A place for our August moms to share...
    PhotobucketPregnancy photos, memories, and information. (You may want to copy and paste a link to your August 2011 Pregnancy Space.)
    PhotobucketBaby's birth story.
    PhotobucketPhotos and stats of your baby as they grow.
    Just a few reminders:

    Please turn off your siggy. You are welcome to add any tickers to your space you'd like though!
    This is a NO comments thread!
    Only one space per member-- when you want to add something, please edit your original space by clicking the "Edit" button at the bottom of the post.
    Finally, safety first! When posting pictures or other information, please make sure it doesn't include anything like last names, addresses, etc. that could make it easy for someone to discover your real-life location or other details.

    Our Bumblebee Arrivals:


    Baby Arabella, born to terri76 at 29 weeks, 6 days weighing in at 2 lbs. 2 oz.

    Baby Boy A (Davis) was born at 10:10 weighing in at 2lbs. 3oz. and 14.5 in. long.
    Baby Girl B (Devan) was born at 10:11 weighing in at 3lbs. 11oz. and 16.5 in. long.

    Baby Poetrie Keturah born at 10:03 weighing in at 5 lbs. 6 oz.
    Baby Katherine Taylor weighing 4 lbs. 4 oz., baby Adalyn Claire weighing 4 lbs. 2 oz.,and baby Zachary Michael weighing 4 lbs. 5 oz. (All born between 7:58 and 8:00 p.m.)
    Baby A, Easton James was born at 6:16 p.m. weighing 7lbs. 7oz. and baby B, Ashton Todd was born 6:18 p.m. weighing 7lbs. even.
    Baby Ben was born at 6:18 a.m. weighing 8 lbs. 8 oz. and was 20"s long.

    Baby Candace Janae was born at 12:01 p.m. and weighed 6lbs. 10oz.
    Baby Mikayla Rose was born at 5:20 a.m. and weighed 8 lbs. even and was 20.25"s long.
    Baby Calvin Lucas was born at 12:13 p.m. and weighed 7 lbs. 12 oz. and was 20.5"s long.
    Baby girl born to 2confused at 5:22 p.m. and weighing 7 lbs. 6 oz. and 19"s long.
    Baby girl born to countrygirl83 at 6:18 p.m. and weighing 10 lbs. 7 oz., 22"s long.
    Baby Orion Lee at 5:52 p.m. and weighing 7 lbs., 19.25"s long.
    Baby Alex born at 7:31 a.m. and weighing 9 lbs. 6 oz. and 22"s long.
    Baby Max born at 9:43 a.m. and weighing 8 lbs. 5 oz. and 20.5"s long.
    Baby girl born to Rubyslippersbaby at 10:02 p.m. and weighing 7 lbs. 10 oz. and 20"s long.
    Baby Eve Katherine Renee at 11:09 a.m. and weighing 6 lbs. 15 oz. and 20"s long.
    Baby Kendra born at 8:56 p.m. and weighing 6 lbs. 2 oz. and 20"s long.
    BabyLayla Supernova at 11:46 a.m. and weighing 8 lbs. 13 oz. and 20.5"s long.
    Baby Lilly Jay born at 7:37 a.m. and weighing 9 lbs. 7 oz. and 21"s long.
    Baby Emily Christine at 12:26 p.m. and weighing 8 lbs. 1 oz. and 20.25"s long.
    Baby Elizabeth Renee at 7:10 p.m. and weighing 7 lbs. 3 oz. and 21"s long.
    Baby Cormac Thomas at 2:08 a.m. and weighing 7 lbs. 14 oz. and 21"s long.
    Baby Basilio Patrick Atticus at 7:13 a.m. weighing 8 lbs. 15 oz. and 21"s long.
    Baby Alyeska Phoenix at 8:49 a.m. and weighing 7 lbs. 11 oz. and 19.75"s long.
    Baby Evelyn Janelle at 4:28 p.m. and weighing 7 lbs. even and 19.5"s long.

    Last edited by WonderWomanExtrodinare; 09-11-2011 at 08:56 AM.

  2. #2
    Mega Poster WonderWomanExtrodinare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007


    PhotobucketAlexander's SpacePhotobucket

    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

    Due Date: August 2, 2011
    Birthday: August 12, 2011 at 7:31 a.m.
    Weight: 9 lbs. 6 oz.

    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    My Pregnancy Space

    My Birth Lodge

    Alexander James' Birth Story:
    After over a week of prodromal labor with contractions starting and stopping, I would say early labor officially started on the 10th. I woke up feeling off around 4:30 a.m. and I couldn't go back to sleep, I was also having major chills. Contractions started around 8 a.m. and were regular but weren't too terribly uncomfortable. I had an appointment at 12 p.m. that day and when I got there, they were super busy! There were some children in the lobby area just being kids, I have three of my own so noise is nothing new to me, but they were really aggitating me. The contractions were starting to get a bit uncomfy and I was so-very emotional that I went into the classroom (where they teach birthing classes) and cried a little. My midwives both noticed that I seemed off and came to check on me-- they are too sweet! The difference in OB and MWifery care is amazing! One of my MWs said it isn't a job for them but a lifestyle. They are so intuned to their mamas and they really are "mother hens" (as one of them refers to herself)-- you know that they genuinely care about you no matter how many times they've done this. I just felt like poop. I was eight days overdue, I'd had diarhea and felt nauseated for a few days, and I was just DONE. I was ready for this to be over! I was called back from my appointment and they discovered my BP was pretty high. She figured it was from labor starting so we didn't think much of it. My cervix was still high but soft and squishy and she felt for sure I'd be back that night to have my baby (she also thought I was open but couldn't tell for sure b/c I was still too high)..... but Alex had other plans, lol. I was pretty sure given his position that this was going to be a looong early labor so my MW sent me home with a natural induction kit that included Caulophyllum and Cimicifuga for the first day, cotton root for the second day, and if both of those failed, castor oil for the third day-- I did not want to get to the third day! So, I started my natural induction that day and for awhile, the C and C was working quite well but after my shower, the contractions totally died off. They picked back up the next morning (the 11th) and continued through the day but I knew they weren't even remotely turning into active labor, they were actually weaker than they had been the day before. I was exhausted at this point and I was stressed. I knew I'd have to transfer care if he wasn't here by 42 weeks, I was starting to doubt I could go into labor on my own (having had one augmented pit. birth and another induced, I didn't know when I would have gone into labor or how things would have played out if my labors had been natural). To top all that off, my BP was steadily rising and my family was really freaking out as they know nothing about a natural birth and were convinced something was wrong-- they were doing an excellent job of convincing me of the same at that time. Needless to say, I called my MW again and told her of my worries. She decided to have me come in that day to be checked and see what position the baby was in and possibly do a membrane sweep but it would have to be later that night as they were currently about to birth a baby, she reassured me that all was ok over the phone though. That sounded wonderful to me! Here's where things start getting exciting... at 9 p.m. I went in and my BP was high, she did agree it was time to get things moving as naturally as possible b/c even though I wasn't spilling protein, they were not comfortable with my BP being as high as it was anymore (I was never told how high it got at this point and I didn't ask, I knew I was stressing enough as it was but it was high enough that they had to call their physician and get an approval to have me deliver at the center). They checked my cervix and I was at 4 cm, so I had definately been in early labor, and almost totally effaced. They did a membrane sweep and got two good sweeps around. Baby was in a good position, his head just needed to come down a little more. I went home in much better spirits! All those contractions were definately doing something and I knew he would be here soon! I was able to go right to sleep that night. I think I was asleep by 10:15 p.m. I slept well but it was restless, crazy that I could have a good, restless night's sleep but that's how it was. Around four, in a half-asleep daze, I realized I was contracting pretty good and that they were pretty regular and close together. Around 5 a.m. I was jolted awake by a good contraction and then another, my forebag of waters broke with the second and I hopped out of bed and grabbed myself to make sure, lol. I went to the bathroom and my underware were wet and had a bit of diluted pink blood mixed into them as well. I knew by the second bloody show (I should mention that I had my first show on the 10th) that active labor was starting. About five minutes after the contraction that got me out of bed, another good contraction. I decided to take some time to time them but realized quickly that things were going very fast. I got on the phone with my MW and she said she had to shower and then she would be there but for me to stay out the shower b/c it could make things go faster. I called my doula who said she also had to shower but while I was on the phone with her, I had a contraction and she said she was coming now and that I needed to go ahead and call my MW back and tell her I needed to come now. At this point, my contractions were at every 4 mins. By the time I got DH up and we were in the car leaving, they were at every 3 mins. Let me tell you, being in full-blown active labor in a moving vehicle is NO joy ride! I'm sure I looked quite the piece going down the interstate with a huge belly all but screaming and gripping the handle bar and center console with a death grip. We walked into the birthing center with contractions every 2 mins. apart. One of my MWs was setting the birthing tub up for me. By this time I was moaning and groaning and just on the edge of losing it from the pain. My husband was amazing! The only thing I could do to get through the contractions was lean on him while swaying and hum through them. I was doing pretty good staying in control at this point and I think my down-fall was getting into the tub. I got in and for about one minute, it felt better but things drastically picked up. My MIL came in soon after I got into the tub and by the time my doula got there, I was bawling. She tried her hardest to help me stay in control and I'd do ok as the contraction started but when it peaked, I'd cry out and feel nauseated. The baby's head was just so far down, I was feeling sooo much pressure that I couldn't get comfortable. I finally found a position in the tub that I was comfortable with-- on my knees with my bottom off the bottom of the tub, and leaning over the edge but unfortunately, it wasn't going to work b/c the water wasn't deep enough to keep the baby under water during birth. So, I decided to get out between contractions, which didn't allow much time to get out b/c the contractions were on top of each other at this point. For the life of me, I dunno how I got out that tub b/c it hurt to move. I felt my hips just spreading and a shift in the tub was hard to do let alone put my leg over it and get out and walk. But I did it. Gravity took over then and I said the baby was coming now, he was coming now, and I needed to push. I started spouting off things I needed without doing any of them for long-- I needed to stand. I needed to sqaut. I squatted at the bed for about four contractions but got too tired so I decided I needed to lay down, AFTER deciding I couldn't do this and I needed to be taken to a hospital (I was quickly told I was doing this and there was no going back now). They told me there was no time to move to the bed but it was too late, I was crawling onto the bed while screaming that he was coming and I needed the bed, that I was too tired to push him out squatting. This whole time, my back is killing me and I just wanted relief, even if it meant dying-- I was not being very rational during this time. I remember just intense pressure and screaming that he was coming and my MW looking down and saying, "You're right, his head is crowning, he's coming, push this baby out!" I couldn't push. My body was doing it for me anyway but I had to give some good pushes to get him out faster (again, I needed relief) so I pushed and screamed through it and I had his head out in two, maybe three pushes-- my main bag of waters spewed everywhere with the delivery of his head (it also had meconium in it). The relief I got after I delivered his head was wondeful, lol! I remember saying, "Oh that feels better. Thank God I'm not having twins!" When they told me I was going to have to push again to get his shoulders out, I thought, oh no! But it was easier to get them out then it was his head, I had them out in two pushes. He still didn't come though. I was told to push again and he'd be here, so I did and out into the world came my little Alexander! All 9 lbs. 6 oz. and 22"s of him! I thanked God over and over again for helping me get my baby here safely and I just held him close and started to nurse him. All the pain I was in not a minute before was forgotten. He took his time chosing his birthday but when he decided to come, he came fast and furiously-- it was only two hours from the time my forebag broke and active labor had started until he was born at 7:31 a.m.

    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

    Birth: 9 lbs. 6 oz. 22"s
    1 day old: 9 lbs.
    1 week old: 9 lbs. 8 oz.
    2 weeks old: 10 lbs. 12 oz. 22"s
    2 months old: 13 lbs. 10 oz. 23.5"s
    3 months old: 15 lbs. 5 oz.
    4 months old: 16 lbs. 5 oz. and 25.5"s

    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

    Last edited by WonderWomanExtrodinare; 12-16-2011 at 09:54 PM.

  3. #3
    Super Poster Jessica.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Near Chicago


    Photobucket Baby Ben's Space Photobucket
    Due Date: August 2, 2011
    Birthday: July 26th, 2011
    Weight: 8lb 8oz
    Length: 20 inches






    2 Month Update!
    Weight: 12lb 5oz
    Length: 24 inches! LOOK AT ME GROW!
    * also had four shots... icky!

    Milestones: I smile since Sept. 2, I also started Coo'ing at the same time. I also watch my older brother like a hawk to make sure he's not up to something! And now I can watch him from one side of the room to the other!

    Last edited by Jessica.; 09-29-2011 at 11:39 AM.

  4. #4
    Mega Poster VCoates's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007


    Baby Max's space!

  5. #5
    Prolific Poster Chris_85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008


    Born 8/23/2011 at 7:37 a.m.
    9lbs. 7 oz. 21 in

    Discharge from hospital 8/25/11 mommies B-day Weight was 8 lbs. 12 oz.
    Two week appointment 9/7/11 weight 9 lbs. 4 oz.
    4 week weight check 9/21/11 9 lbs. 6 oz.
    5 week weight check 9/26/11 10 lbs.
    Next appointment at 6 weeks.

    Smiling at the mommy

    Last edited by Chris_85; 09-30-2011 at 12:50 PM.

  6. #6
    Mega Poster squirrel27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008


    Orion's Space
    Born August 9, 2011 at 5:52 pm
    7 lbs 0 oz, 19.25 inches

    Birth Story

    Monday Aug 8 2011 - Evening
    We had a friend over for dinner and once DS was in bed we played a favorite card game for a couple hours. While we were playing, DH made nachos with cheese and we had hot salsa and sour cream with it. I had been having contractions on and off all day. As we played the game, they got more intense and a few times I couldnt sit through them so I had to get up and walk them off. Our friend joked that he was putting me in labor. We called the game early and he left. The contractions got stronger so we called my mom and dad to come and stay at the house with DS and we went to the hospital around midnight. They put me into the assessment room, and while there the contractions died down. I wasnt uncomfortable lying there and I was only 2cm. The doctor told me to go home and relax - and that I would probably see my induction date (the 11th).

    Tuesday Aug 9 2011
    So we went home and sent my parents home. We texted & called the inlaws, and my MIL joked that if I had him today she would make me rice krispie squares (my favorite, she makes awesome ones). By the time we got back to bed it was 2am. I woke up at 4:22am with a strong contraction. I had to get up and lean on my arm against the wall and rock my hips around to get through it. I tried to go back to sleep and slept on and off until 5:30 am, when I got up and had a few more strong contractions that I had to stand to get through. By 6, I started timing them. For each one I did my "wallflower" routine I just described (DH's term lol) and they were about 4 minutes apart. I came onto the board and posted that post about not knowing if I was in labor or not around 7:30 am. At 8am I was still online and sitting on the couch. I had 3 staggering contractions that made me arch my back and whimper a bit. So I woke up DH and we called L&D - the nurse said I should come in sometime in the next hour or so. I called my mom again and they came back over. Mom was alone b/c Dad had gone to a golf tournament (having thought I was in false labor the night before lol).

    When we got to the hospital about 915 am the assessment room was full, so they took me to a birthing suite room that was totally empty and told me that I "wouldnt be staying here long" and put a sheet over the bed (wouldnt even let me get into the bed lol) and wanted to monitor me for 20 minutes. I was 4cm at this point. I said that will be very difficult as I can't stay still or lay down during the contractions. (I was doing my wallflower thing during admission - DH had to answer most of the questions this time for me). They got the heartrate monitors on me and whenever I had a contraction and I stood up or moved, babys heartbeat plummeted to the 60s&70s! Sometimes it recovered quickly, but many times it didnt and they were concerned.
    All of a sudden they were wheeling in all kinds of equipment since they didnt expect to keep me in that room. They started asking more questions about the Csec and my past birth complications. If he didnt recover they were thinking I'd go straight to a Csec. Suddenly it was "my" room! lol
    They said they didnt want me standing through the contractions, so I called for my EPI!! At 11:30am I was 5cm and in a lot of pain lol. I had to wait a bit for the epi and got my it around noon. When she came in to do it I was begging to be allowed out of bed to pee - she said I'll have to come back in 25 minutes and I went "Screw it, do it now" lol... I twitched when she poked me with the needle and it bounced back and stabbed her instead. LOL ops. The anesthesiologist was good about it though and we had a laugh. By 12:30 I was between 6-7 cm and feeling good. The nurse commented how different I was - I could laugh and joke and visit with people. I felt great! I wasnt allowed to move off my side because that was the position that kept baby happy and his heartbeat steady and at a good # (130s I think) Then Family came in a few at a time to say hi (my mom was there and DS was at the sitters, and DHs parents were there, my dad was still golfing lol). By 2:30 my contractions were dying off and I was 8cm dilated so they wanted to start pitocin. I got maybe 15 minutes of it before they had to turn it off. Baby boy was NOT impressed with pitocin and his heartrate was dropping all over the place again. at 3:45 I was fully dilated. My dad had just gotten there and was in the room chatting with me and DH about his golf game. He said he shot 51 on the 1st 9 holes and 51 on the 2nd 9 holes, and could I please have the baby at __:51? lol. Then there was a VERY audible "POP" and I looked at the nurse and said Either I just peed or my water broke. Dad high-tailed it out of the room and the nurse checked and said yep, water broke and there is mechonium in it. Baby was not low enough to start pushing, so they let me rest and waited for baby to drop a bit more. At 4:30 I started pushing. Contractions were far apart (a good 5 min) so we had to wait a lot. With each push baby moved lower and the nurse said that I'd definitely have baby vaginally and not by a Csec (remember we were concerned about size because of DS1s birth weight of 9 14). My pushes were good and effective but spaced out! As he got lower and once he started to crown I reached down and felt his head - what an awesome moment! Then the dr came in and then he was crowning and I pushed his head and then his shoulders and he slid out.

    Orion Lee was born at 5:52 pm (I tried dad! lol, he swears its 5:51 haha) He was 7lbs even, and 19.25 inches long. Apgar scores of 7 and 9. 7 was because he had a lot of mucus in his lungs from the mechonium. I had a 2nd degree tear. I said jokingly to the dr that as long as it wasnt 20 stitches like last time I was fine. He gave a little smirk and said I think you are close to that this time too. DAMN! lol... Turns out my scar tissue from DS1 tore a lot and so I have a lot of stitches. I did skin to skin as soon as they were done sewing me up. I Bfed the first time a couple hours after birth. I came home from the hospital on Thurs the 11th (Which was my induction day lol)

    And Yes - my MIL brought me rice krispie squares once I was home. They were delicious! DH swears his secret to putting me in labor was that the sour cream with the nachos was a few days past its expiration and he didnt tell me. LOL!!! My FIL is into astrology and said the sign for Orions birth date was "Yellow Resonant Star". Fitting I think

    Fast forward to 9 days later - Orion is a wonderful baby. *knock on wood he stays this way* He goes 3 hours between feedings and sometimes 3-4 hours at night. He is very content and quiet. He is happy to lay in someones arms or his bassinet and look around at everything and take it all in. He has 2 distinctive cries - one for food and one for pain (gas) and everything else is little baby noises and squeaks. He looks a lot like DS1. I'm in love again, and figuring out what it is to have 2 boys I love with all my heart.
    Last edited by squirrel27; 08-21-2011 at 04:32 PM.

  7. #7
    nmc is offline
    Supporter nmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    West Virginia


    Saving LO's space! (name not determined yet )

  8. #8
    Mega Poster kilahmaree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009


    Baby Blueberry's Space.

  9. #9
    Mega Poster Cassandra83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007


    July 31st I Woke up feeling like I always Felt , Sick of being pregnant, I commented on a few board threads and Then went to sleep, taking advantage cause DH and the Boys went to church.

    Around 2pm they Got home... I Noticed that I had not felt baby move to much durning the day so I drank some cold juice, nothing, Then walked , drank cold water , nothing,... by then an hour had went by, So I called my MW and she said come in.
    We dropped the boys off at my moms and As we were pulling in the garage I felt a slight move. Wheew, We got checked in about 4pm.

    They hooked me up for a hour and said baby was looking ok but no wonderful , so I had a u/s to check fluids and her size, that was good , last test they wanted to do is to se eif they Could get her to Breath on the u/s THAT TOOK 30 min.. Omg that tech shook my belly so much , it was crazy .

    After the U/S i got hooked up again they wanted to give me another hour. with in the hour baby Heart rate Droped and that was it.

    Nurse came in and Said lets take a walk to your room your being induced .. It was 10pm then. i was in AHHHHHHH

    They said they were going to start cervidil then Pitocin @ 8am in the morning.
    but between the Cervidil arriving and getting it inserted, I started contractions on my own.
    4pm I was feeling very uncomfortable I was Checked and I was 4cm.. WHATTTTTT!!

    So out came the Cervidil. She waited to see what would happen , My contractions Picked up and No Pitocin was Needed. 8am I was Checked and I was 7cm... That was Awesome to me.
    Still no pain meds.. i was waiting for my mom and dh to get there cause b4 she broke my water, once they got there it was 9:30am and I was 8cm.

    The contractions Got worse and Worse and OMG did I say Worse, baby hear rate would not stable and i was switched from side to side , I felt like a Pancake . 11am still 8cm.
    i could not understand why I was in so much pain and still 8cm.
    I was then give oxygen cause baby was not having these contractions... 11;15 I could not take it any more. I BEGGED for a Epi yep I got a Epi @ 8cm...LOL

    11:30am Epi was in place and more nurses was called in cause baby heart rate was all over the place. They had me in funky positions. @ 11:55 I was 9cm and she wanted me to start pushing she, said baby was not taking this any longer and she needed to come out NOW.
    I never pushed so Hard in my Life.

    12:01pm Candace Made Her arrival, With a Cord around her Neck and her Body. ( MW said that was the longest Cord she had ever seen)
    She was purple and Also had a BM , DR from All childrens was Called to check her Lungs to make she didn't swallow any. Candace was Given a Clean Bill of health.@ 12:10pm

    She is doing VERY VERY good in Bfing and Love to be held, yes I sucked it up and typed this while holding her. 9 hope not to many typo's

    BTW, My MW said that if I would not have gotten the Epi to get me to Dialate me more and calm me down they Had already discussed a C section and that was the next step.

    I planned not to get a Epi But hey things don't go as planned all they time. I'm glad I did over the C section

    they boys love her, My 2yr old he is coming around.

    Aug 1st 2011 @ 39weeks 5 days
    6lbs 10oz, 19inches
    12:01 Pm
    Last edited by Cassandra83; 08-05-2011 at 05:26 PM.

  10. #10
    Super Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010


    Our space (no name yet).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions