Signature and Avatar Guidelines. Please notice we have specific guidelines for these privileges. Please see the section below.
1. Image dimensions and File Size Limitations:
--Signatures - These shall be limited to 450 x 450 pixels maximum. (This translates into approximately 6.25 x 6.25 inches) with a file size limit of 250kb maximum.
2. Slideshows: Must adhere to the dimension and file size limitations above. Also, please limit to no more than 5 rotating images for the benefit of other users.
3. Content: Please be aware that all signatures should adhere to the same rules as listed within the Community Guidelines. We do not wish to restrict your right to display personal views, ideology, etc. but do ask that you continue to remain respectful of others. Please refrain from including profanity, violence, obscenity, lewd, or sexual content within either area in deference to (or as a courtesy to) your fellow members and their families. While we are not a site for children, as a parenting community there is a "reasonable expectation" that the site is family friendly. If you feel you simply must express yourself using these means we actually have private forums just for you to do so within your post instead.
4. Use of multiple (stacked) images: We are aware that you may wish to include one or many worthy causes/remembrances within your signature. However, due to space constraints and loading difficulties for our users, you are still asked to contain all of your signature within the limits provided above. This does include blinkies, tickers, and other graphics. One suggestion is to create a couple of signatures and alternate.
5. No Centering: Please do not center your signature. This also causes other members to be forced to scroll on every thread you post on.
6. Courtesy in use: We are pleased to offer you this opportunity to share your families, your beliefs, and your points of interest within your signature. Please, however, be courteous to one another and recognize that you do not have to include your signature with each and every post you make. This particularly applies to those within the same thread. Once is enough.
**Please understand those choosing to ignore these guidelines will risk the loss of theses privilege(s) and a possible disablement of account for repeated offenses.**
How can I resize?
You can either use a photo image program on your home computer (the one that you designed with) or if you still need help please contact one of our volunteers on our Photo Gallery and Signature Help Board.
The signature size 450 width x 450 height includes tickers, blinkies, siggy cards or any other images, this excludes text since there is already a limited amount of text you can put into your siggy area.
**Some tickers exceed the width there is only so much that can be done about it since that is the size the owner of the ticker made it, only these tickers have an exception but I must recommend using a ticker that is closest in width (of 450) as possible. Your ticker should NOT be any wider than your picture or siggy card if you can help it (meaning NO wider than 450).**
Last edited by Claire'sMommy; 03-29-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Reason: change some coding