December Dumpling Spaces - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67

Thread: December Dumpling Spaces

  1. #11
    Super Poster AlwaysSunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I have ADOS. Attention Deficit Ooohh Shiny!


    6 week pic 13.4 week pic 21 week pic

    Jas and Cara

    McKayla kissing my bump



    and fur-less babies-hermit crabs
    spongebob squarepants

    Last edited by AlwaysSunny; 08-21-2007 at 02:30 PM. Reason: added pic

  2. #12

  3. #13
    Mega Poster HopefullySoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004


    I guess I will start with our first pics!! We are gonna have an awesome baby photo album

    This is 5 days after they were fertilized! The outer ring contain the cells that form the placenta...the chunk of cells in the middle are the cells that will form the fetus':

    5w2d sono:

    6w4d sono:

    Belly Pics:
    9 weeks

    12 weeks

    15 weeks

    20 weeks

    22 weeks

  4. #14
    Posting Addict annierose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The Cyclones State


    EDD: December 27, 2007
    Our first digital BFP:

    Ultrasound at 10 weeks, 4days:

    Ultrasound at 12 weeks, 4 days:

    Belly Pictures
    First Trimester (6 weeks - 13 weeks)

    Second Trimester (14 - 26 weeks)

    Third Trimester (27 - 39 weeks)

    We found out that we're having a GIRL on August 10th!

    Here's the nursery:

    Here's the story of Mina's birth.

    Short Story: Mina Catherine was born at 1:46am on December 29th. She was 7 lbs, 11oz and 20.5 inches in length. She’s extremely cute and worth everything we went through to get her. If anyone wonders about the pronunciation, Mina is pronounced me-nah, rhymes with Tina, Gina, etc.

    Long Story: The labor was about 24 hours in length. Thursday morning I had my membranes stripped and was dilated 1.5-2 cm. I felt icky all day and had contractions here and there. I woke up Friday morning at about 1am having contractions that I couldn’t ignore every 5 minutes or so. I went and took a bath and let Jon sleep some more to see if they would regulate or go away. By 3am Jon was up with me timing contractions using contraction master and we went in to the hospital around 7am or so. They checked me and I was making progress. Unfortunately pain makes me puke so I was a real mess until I got my epidural around 2pm. I puked whenever I had to change position and couldn't keep water in my system. It didn’t help that I was having back labor. I slept all afternoon and progressed to about 8cm and stalled out. At this point they figured out the baby wasn’t quite in the perfect position so they tried to get her to move unsuccessfully. They weren't sure if she was transverse or sunny side up or a combination of the two. I started feeling pain and pressure (and nausea) again in the evening and went through hours of labor wanting to push and getting pitocin to try to get things moving again. My bag of waters broke in the afternoon and had miconium in it so they didn't want me to just lay around for too long.

    Finally they allowed me to push after I begged and wimpered and my personality came out from the fog of pain. The doctor said she’d give me two hours to push because the baby was sunny side up and because of the miconium. Baby's heartrate decelerated some so they kept having me change from side to side (making me puke some more) to get baby happier. I pushed my heart out and they couldn’t believe I got the hang of it after just a contraction or two. I decided before I even started pushing that I was going to be good at that part and I was right. Because of Mina’s position it still took a long time to get her to descend at all. The doctor stopped by and told me 20 minutes to baby or c-section and I said there was no way in he** I was getting a c-section after laboring that long. I pushed like my life depended on it and got her to descend far enough that the doctor felt comfortable attempting a forceps delivery. With her position there was no way she was coming out without assistance.

    On came the forceps and out came the baby. She had to go to the NICU right away to make sure she didn’t aspirate miconium while I got stitched up (4th degree tear – ouch!). She was nice and healthy and I got to meet her a couple of hours later. We started to get the hang of nursing by midmorning and had lots of visiting family stop by. On Sunday Mina had a brief fever that slightly concerned the nurse. On Monday she had a fever again right as we were going to be released so they kept us and ran every test known to man on Mina, including a spinal tap. She seemed really healthy, but they wanted to make sure she didn’t have some sort of infection before they sent her home. Since Monday she hasn’t had a fever at all and has been doing everything well – eating, pooping, peeing, sleeping, crying, snuggling, etc. and they finally released us from the hospital on Wednesday night. We are so glad to be home. I can’t believe how lucky we are to have the little daughter we always wanted.
    Her first day of life:

    Baptism day (6 weeks old)

    As cute as cute could be (3 months old)
    Last edited by annierose; 09-17-2008 at 10:17 AM.

  5. #15
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2004


    Last edited by Just Jamie; 07-14-2010 at 04:28 PM.

  6. #16
    Community Host Ladybugsteph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006


    March 26, 2007

    Carson Thomas
    November 28, 2007
    7 Pounds 11 Ounces 19 Inches

    Carson's Birth Story

    The whole story started the Monday before. I fell in the bathroom that morning, and wound up going to the doc's office to make sure everything was okay. Everything checked out fine at the doctor's office that day. That night, Drew and I had a good evening. We played a couple of board games and watched Elf. It was really nice. We went to bed that night, and I woke up at about 2:45 am to go to the bathroom. I layed back down, and at about 3:30 am, I woke up to this warm gush of fluid. I said to Drew, "Woah! I think my water just broke! Either that, or I just peed my pants." Drew loves to tell everyone how I told him. He thought it was hilarious! So I get up and go to the bathroom. I was soaked!! More fluid just kept coming out. Drew got up, and was all frazzled. I told him he better pack his bag, because we had to get to the hospital. He asked if he could take a shower first, and I told him to make it fast! So while Drew was in the shower, I came upstairs to update everyone on what just happend. We were so excited! We just knew this was it. So a little after 4:00 am, we headed out the door to go to the hospital. Drew wanted to stop and get gas, because he was almost empty, but we had enough to get to the hospital, so I told him no more delays! On our way to the hospital, we almost hit a deer! We were on the interstate, and a deer almost jumped out into the road. Drew swerved left and the deer turned and went back the other way. Thank God! That was something that we didn't need at all! Can you imagine?

    So we get to the hospital, and they confirmed that it was my water that broke. They got me into a room at about 4:45 am. We had the nicest room in all of labor and delivery! We had the greatest view of the city and the river. The sunrise was gorgeous. We got a few pictures of it. Back to the story! I wasn't feeling any pain with my contractions at first. I was still having them, like I have been for the past 3 months, but no pain. My midwife, Nancy, wanted me up and walking around so I could get my labor going without any pitocin. So I got the lovely mesh panties on with the mondo pads so I wouldn't leak all over the floor. I was mighty uncomfortable! We took a few laps around the hallways, and then went back to the room. I loved rocking in the rocking chair. It sure was nice to have the movement. I started to feel my contractions now. I had a little bit of pain with them, but it wasn't anything that I couldn't handle. At about 10:00 am, I decided to take a walk around that hallways again. At this point, I was feeling the need to stop when I had a contraction. Still nothing that I couldn't handle though. A little while after that, I was checked and I hadn't changed since I got there. That was pretty discouraging. I was pretty bummed out after that. I swore that I had some change. I stayed in the bed for a while after that. A few hours later, I was checked again, and I was up to 4 cm dialated. I was a little more encouraged. At this point, I was starting to think about the epidural. The contractions were starting to get more painful, and I was sure I wasn't going to be able to make it all the way without one. So I talked to the nurse, and let her know what I was thinking. I didn't want the epidural right then, because I didn't want to stop my labor and have to get the pitocin. After a couple more hours, I was checked again, and I was up to a 6. Okay, it was time for the epidural. I was past the halfway mark. I told the nurse I wanted it, and she called Nancy. Nancy said no! I was really dissapointed. My contractions were really getting strong, and I was starting to suffer from exhaustion. I didn't get a full night's sleep, and hadn't had anything to eat since dinner the night before. I was running out of energy! Nancy told them to get out the birthing ball and have me labor on that for a while. The ball was nice, but it still didn't help me relax. I just kept asking for the epidural. I was starting to get pretty impatient. I climbed back into bed, and finally, Nancy agreed to give me the IV narcotics. That really helped me relax, and actually sleep in between the contractions, but, of course, it wasn't enough to stop the pain. It took the edge off a bit, but it was still pretty painful. Once the first dose started to wear off, I was asking for the epidural again. Still, Nancy said no, but let me have another dose of narcotics. Again, I was able to relax, but it didn't help as much as the first time. I was starting to get a little mad by this point. In my opinion, it was my body, and I should be able to go through my labor the way that I wanted. I told the nurse this, and she really pulled through for me. She talked Nancy into letting me get the epidural at that point. I was still only 6 cm dialated, but I really needed it. I was definately to that point where I was saying that I wanted to give up.

    So I recieved the epidural, and I was all smiles after that! I couldn't feel any of the contractions, but I definately felt the pressure of the baby moving down. It really helped me relax a lot. I didn't realize just how much I was holding back, and not letting my labor progress as it should have. After I got the epidural, I went from a 6 to an 8 in a half hour! Things were picking up now! I was so glad that I got the epidural when it was finally time to push. I was feeling the pressure, and I couldn't even imagine what it would be like with the pain as well! At around 1:00 am on Wednesday, it was time for me to start pushing. They called Nancy, and had her come out to the hospital. The nurse and Drew got me started with the pushing phase. Drew was so involved with the birth. I am so proud of him. I couldn't feel my legs, so Drew had to hold the left and the nurse held the right while I was pushing. Things were going great at first. I was making quite a bit of progress. I got to a point though, where things kind of stalled. They had me in many different positions to get the baby to come down more. This was the only drawback to my epidural. I couldn't feel to really push him out quickly. Eventually, Nancy told them to turn off my epidural, and it really helped me out. After 2 1/2 hours of pushing, Carson made his way into the world almost 24 hours after it all began. He was crying before he even was all the way out! Such a healthy baby! I was able to hold him for a little while, while they examined me. I just stared at how beautiful he was. Drew was able to cut the cord, and they took him over the the warmers after a little bit to clean him off and assess him. They gave him back to me, and we attempted breastfeeding. He didn't latch on, but at least he was rooting around. I just couldn't believe what had just happend. I was in awe!

    With all the hard times through this pregnancy, what I went through was totally worth it!

    11/28/07 Birthday 19 inches 7 pounds 11 ounces
    12/1/07 3 days 19 inches 6 pounds 13 ounces
    12/3/07 5 days 19.5 inches 7 pounds 3 ounces
    12/12/07 2 weeks 21.5 inches 8 pounds 3 ounces
    1/29/08 8 weeks 23.5 inches 11 pounds 8 ounces
    3/28/08 4 months 25.75 inches 12 pounds 5 ounches
    4/9/08 19 weeks 26 1/4 inches 13 pounds 11 ounces
    5/2/08 22 weeks 14 pounds 7 ounces
    5/28/08 6 months 27 inches 15 pounds 7 ounces
    8/28/08 9 months 28 inches 17 pounds 3 ounces

    5/21/07 Heard the heartbeat (12 weeks)
    7/02/07 Felt the first kick (18 weeks)
    7/16/07 First Sonogram (20 weeks)
    8/17/07 Second Sonogram (24 weeks)
    9/24/07 Third Sonogram (30 weeks)
    11/28/07 Carson's Birthday (Born 3:06 am)
    12/3/07 First Dr. Visit (5 days)
    12/12/07 Second Dr. Visit (2 weeks)
    12/29/07 First Smile (4 weeks)
    1/4/08 Slept through the night (5 weeks)
    2/28/08 First Laugh (13 weeks)
    3/28/08 First Solids (cereal) (4 months)
    4/14/08 Rolled Over (both ways) (20 weeks)
    5/08 Sitting Unsupported (5 months)
    6/30/08 Army crawled (7 months)
    7/20/08 Crawled (on all fours) (7.5 months)
    7/20/08 Sat up on his own (7.5 months)
    8/7/08 Pulled Up (8 months)
    8/17/08 First Tooth (8.5 months)
    8/19/08 Cruised (8.5 months)
    8/26/08 Climbed the stairs (8.5 months)

    8/17/08 Left Lower Central Incisor
    9/8/08 Right Lower Central Incisor
    9/27/08 Right Upper Central Incisor
    10/6/08 Left Upper Central Incisor

    Project Party!

    Carson's first birthday party will be a Carnival/Circus theme.

    The Invitations

    The Party Hat and Bib

    I'd love to get some red foam clown noses for the guests
    Last edited by ladybugsteph; 10-13-2008 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Update

  7. #17


    Molly's December Dumpling Space

    Our Family (December 2005)

    DD #1: Madeline Scout, born 3/15/03

    DD #2: Samantha Marie, born 6/12/05

    Baby Boy Due 12/24/07!!

    Ultrasound Pictures:

    12 Weeks

    18 Weeks

    19 Weeks

    Belly Pictures:

    9 Weeks

    16 Weeks (at the Grand Tetons)

    More Belly Pictures to Come!!

  8. #18
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gilbert, Arizona


    Saving a spot

  9. #19
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Mountains of Virginia


    Peter and I were married September 17, 2005 on my family's sheep farm. My poor mom picked up sheep poop for days. It was a wonderful day.

    Lydia Katherine born August 9, 2006.

    Only belly pic I have so far, at about 16 weeks.

  10. #20
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Currently: Stuck in Twilight land with no hope of escape.


    *At the inspiration of the poll; I've choosen to update my space. Though it never had much to begin with.*

    Kenneth Christopher James was born @ 11:27am on Sat. Dec. 15th 2007.
    He was 8 pounds, 1 ounce - 21 1/2 inches long.
    24 hours of labor (induction due to pre-E) and 1 hour of pushing. I was exactly 39 weeks along.

    Pics to come - as my internet is being horribly slow today!
    Last edited by Teeny119; 05-15-2008 at 12:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions