Get To Know The 2006 Kiddos

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 03/16/15
Posts: 53852
Get To Know The 2006 Kiddos

Let's get to know our 2006 kiddos! Post a short birth story, stats, and then and now pics.:cool:

Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 03/16/15
Posts: 53852

I'll go first Smile

Adam was born 10 days after my EDD, I had 5 days of prodromal labour, then it all happened quite fast and I gave birth on the floor of the en suite shower room of my hospital room Lol
He was 7lb 8oz at birth and very long, he's been tall and skinny ever since! He turned three 6 days ago and is around 37lbs now I think.

Here he is at a few hours old

And here he is on his 3rd birthday!

ChristaM's picture
Last seen: 9 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/11/04
Posts: 714

Kendall Evelyn Birth Story
October 6, 2006

Thursday, 10-5-06:
5:30 a.m.-7:00 a.m.: Christa woke up at 5:30 a.m. having contractions; while her whole belly would tighten and her back was a bit achy, the most pain was across her lower pelvis. The contractions were pretty painful, so she assumed they weren’t the braxton hicks she had experienced earlier. At the time, they were coming about every 20 minutes or so.

7:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.: At about 7:00 Craig left for work and Christa fell back to sleep for a couple of hours. When she woke up, she was still having contractions, but they hadn’t increased in intensity and were still about 20 minutes apart.

11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Christa decided to get up and do a few things around the house. She double checked her hospital bag and put in a few last minute items. Then she took a bubble bath, got dressed and did her hair and makeup. The contractions stopped for a few hours, so at this point she was thinking that she was in false labor and her body was still just preparing.

3:00 p.m.- 5:30 p.m.: At around 3:00 p.m. the contractions started back up and she was feeling a bit nauseous. So, she thought she better put a little something on her stomach, so at about 4:00, she ate a cheese sandwich. The contractions were now about 10 minutes apart, very painful, and now shooting pain down the front of her thighs with each one.

5:30 p.m.– 7:00 p.m.: Craig came home at 5:30 and we got ready to go to Christa's 39/40 week OB Appointment. At the appointment, Christa had lost 2 ½ pounds, the baby was head down and the heart rate was good, but they kept losing it on the doppler. They did an internal and said Christa was about 80% effaced and barely 1 cm dilated. However, her blood pressure which had been great the whole pregnancy was elevated to 140/80. They re-checked it and it measured 150/80. The doctor decided to send Christa to labor and delivery to be monitored for two hours and do blood and urine tests. It was now just after 7 p.m.

7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.: Since Christa didn’t have her insurance card with her (it was packed in my hospital bag), we decided to head home first and get it. Craig decided we should take the bags with us just in case, but at this point, Christa was still thinking we would be coming home! On the way to the hospital we also noticed that it was a full moon!!

8:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.: We got to the hospital and they hooked Christa to the monitors about 8:30 p.m. Her blood pressure was jumping all over, but appeared to increase with the contractions. The machine was measuring the pressure of her stomach with each contraction; without a contraction it was about 14 and with the contractions was rising into the 80 & 90’s. The nurses said these were really strong contractions! Christa was still feeling them concentrated in her lower pelvis and down the front of her thighs.

By the time the two hours were up, the doctor decided that Christa's blood pressure was stable enough to be safe and the blood and urine work came back good. However, Christa was throwing up and her contractions were now between 2 and 4 minutes apart. In addition, for the past hour or so, she had been experiencing coupling/clustering contractions. Essentially, the contractions would come in two’s and three’s one right after the other before pausing for the 2-4 minutes. The nurse said these types of contractions are pretty rare. They rechecked Christa and said she was about 80% effaced and was now a loose 1 cm dilated. The doctor still considered this early labor since she wasn’t really progressing. We were told our options were 1) get up and walk around for about an hour and they would recheck for progress, 2) go home and by morning the contractions would either have progressed and we would be back or they would have quit, or 3) stay the night in the hospital where they could administer pain and anti-nausea medicine. It was now 11:30 p.m.

Friday, 10-6-06
12 Midnight: At midnight, Christa was moved from the triage area to a labor/delivery/post-partum room since we decided to stay; they gave her nubain for the pain and something for nausea via a shot in her butt. They also kept her hooked to the monitors.

3:45 a.m.: At 3:45 a.m. the doctor came in and did an internal exam and Christa was now 4 cm dilated, still having the coupling/clustering contractions and in a lot of pain. They decided to start an IV, break her water, and give her the epidural – even with all her concerns / hesitations about the epidural, when they asked if she wanted it, she immediately said yes. She was just in too much pain. The epidural had to be done twice, since they couldn’t get the line to feed the first time, but it really wasn’t painful, just a slight burn when they numbed the spot to insert the needle. The epidural made Christa totally numb from her hips down. She could still feel pain with the contractions in her lower pelvis, but the epidural provided a little relief since she no longer felt them in her thighs. She was also hooked to a catheter, but didn’t feel that being placed at all; if they hadn’t told her about it, she would never have known! Christa tried to sleep, but it didn’t work!

5:00 a.m.: At about 5:00, the doctor decided the epidural had slowed down the contractions a bit so she hooked Christa up to pitocin to keep them going. Not only did the pitocin increase the frequency, but also the intensity of the contractions. Christa didn’t like this drug at all!

6:00 a.m.: Christa was re-checked at 6:00 a.m. and they said she was now at 8 cm! The doctor told Craig that we would have a baby within a few hours. So, within just two hours, Christa dilated from a 4 to an 8!

7:15 a.m. – 9:16 a.m.: At 7:15 a.m. Christa was checked again and they said she was now at 10 cm and ready to push! So, in just one hour, she dilated the remaining two centimeters. The nurse had Christa pushing with every other contraction since they were coming so close together and they needed to allow the baby and Christa some recovery time.

By 8:00 a.m. Christa was throwing up again and the baby started showing some signs of distress, they were having difficulty keeping track of her heart rate and she appeared to be periodically skipping a beat. So, they put the baby on an internal monitor, which seemed to show the same thing. At about 9:00 a.m., the doctor decided to give Christa an episiotomy and use the vacuum to help pull the baby out. They used three different vacuums before the doctor had a good suction. As a precaution, they also called in the perinatologist (sp? – a doctor who specializes in infants) to be there once the baby was born.

9:16 a.m.: At 9:16 a.m. our beautiful daughter made your debut. Once she was out, the doctor cut her cord and immediately passed her off to the perinatologist. She didn’t cry right away, which concerned Christa, but as soon as she asked why the baby wasn’t crying the whole room laughed as the baby cried right on cue!

It turns out that Kendall had the cord wrapped around her torso and her arm. Her legs and one arm looked gray/purple when she was first born. But, she checked out fine with apgar scores of 8 & 9!! We also had to ask the doctor whether it was a boy or girl – she forgot to tell us!

Even with the episiotomy, Christa still tore. The doctor said she has a fourth degree tear. While the doctor delivered the placenta and gave Christa stitches, Craig watched them clean up our daughter and took lots of pictures! He was then able to hold her and brought her over to meet her Mommy!

They told us that Christa's total "active" labor time was considered to be about 5 hours and was great / fast for a first time Mommy! We are so in love!!

All about Kendall

Kendall made her debute October 6, 2006 at 9:16am. She weighed 6lbs, 14oz and was 19.5 inches long. Since then, she has been growing and growing!

Kendall's Growth Stats:
4 mo Stats: 13pds, 5oz and 24-3/4 inches long
6 mo Stats: 14pds, 9oz (20%) and 26 inches long (56%)
9 mo Stats: 17lbs (18%) and 27-3/4 inches long (56%)
1 yr Stats: 18pds, 6oz (10%) and 28-1/4 inches long (24th Wacko
15 mo Stats: 20pds, 1oz (11%), 31 inches (67%), head circumference is 45.3(32%)
18 mo Stats: 22lbs, 10oz (22%), 32 inches (55%), head circumference 47cm (61%)

24 months (2yrs) Stats: 25pds, 4oz. (33%) and 33.5 inches (43%)
34 months: 32pds and 36.25 inches
36 months (3yrs): 31pds, 6oz (59%) and 37.25 inches (46%)
48 months (4yrs): 37pds (67%) and 40.25 inches (62%)

Latest News

Kendall became a big sister on April 14, 2009. Her baby brother Quentin Vincent arrived at 12:38pm, weighing 7lbs, 1oz and 19 inches long.

Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 03/16/15
Posts: 53852

I found my birth story from the birth story board. Just so you all know that I had been on 13 weeks bed rest and Terbutaline every 6 hrs. every day the whole time on bed rest. Aubrey was born 2 days after going off of bed rest and Terbutaline at exactly 37 weeks.

We went in Monday night at 11:30pm and it was questionable if I was going to be admitted. I was only at 3 but having contractions. The OB on call was afraid that since my last labor went fast that she would send me home and I would be right back in. So around 1:30am she did admit me.
I really was in pain but wanted to go natural so I opted for a shot of Nubane, well the darn stuff stalled my labor! By 7am Tuesday morning I was only at 4 and still 80% effaced. This is about the time it all started to go downhill. I was sent to walk for an hour and then take a shower. I then was able to eat some creal and drink some juice. Got checked again and was about 5 and at 0 station. Also got my epi. at this time, which had to be re-upped every hour at least. Again we had an OP aka face up baby! The back labor was horrible!! That was the last I saw of the OB on call until later. Tuesday must of been baby day here because everytime she was going to come in and break my water she got called for an emergency. One so that we were told a lady came in at 11:20am and gave birth at 11:27am :shock: Had another ladies water break right outside my door! Babies were flying out of everywhere which made me lowest man on the totem pole!
Finally at 7 the OB on call as her last job broke my water. And the show was on the road or so we thought. When she broke it I was 5 and 0 station, well when the new OB on call came in he checked me and the little stinker somehow went to -2 station! So out came the big guns the big "P" word was put into action, Pitocin that is. And being that the epi. was just not working I had to have 2 applications put into my epi. IV directly. That did help. Around 9pm I got the pressure in my bottom I had wanted all day. It was showtime! I started to push around 9:15pm so exhausted that I could barley hold my legs back. But I just wanted it over with at that point. I found the strength from somewhere and just kept pulling my legs back as far as they would go. At 10pm the Dr. was called in and 2 more very hard pushes and out came her head, and she had flipped to face down!!!! Then I was told one more push and I just grabbed my legs and pushed very hard I wanted this to be the last one, and it was she just poped out!! I did tear again in the same spot but only in the skin not the muscle like last time. But it did go down to my rectum, ouch! Also had my vaginal cyst removed at the same time. So I am really stitched up down there.
Unlike with Kaya's delivery I was able to have her handed up to me on my chest, something I know may not be a big deal but it was to us. Then came the big surprise, her weight! We could not believe her size and neither could the Dr. We got to bond with her for a short while as she was grunting a bit and had been all cleared out. Turnes out her blood sugar was low, but soon after going to the nursery and given a bit of formula it went up.

Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 03/16/15
Posts: 53852

My birth story was pretty easy, scheduled c-section @ 37 weeks due to gestational diabetes. I was scheduled for 9 am but wound up going in later and having her around 1:36 pm.

She weighed 8lbs 11oz and was 20 inches long with a head full of dark hair. Recovery was pretty easy, (been there before, lol) and we left to go home after three days.

I don't have her birth pic right now, I am at work, hehe....will have to post it later.

Honey3.14's picture
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 04/07/12
Posts: 2094

My labor was pretty unevntful. Went into labor New Years Eve 2006. Contractions eased off but started again Jan. 1, 2007 (yes I have a 2007 baby). I went to the hospital and they said I was not even 2 cm. So they stripped my membranes and we went walking. Two hours later, we went back and they said three cm. Sigh. They let me use the showers and two hours later, four cm. Enough to be admitted. A half hour later, I was 10 cm dialated and ready to go. Three hours of pushing and his heart rate had dropped dramatically so had mine, so they wheeeled me in for an emergency c-section and out came the most beautiful boy I've ever seen in my entire life.


and now... well June anyways....

ButtonsMama's picture
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 12/05/05
Posts: 283

I was due on June 22, 2006, but on the morning of June 5, I woke up at 4 a.m. to pee and when I stood up, water started running down my legs. I immediately wondered if my water had broken and after going to the bathroom, and still soaking through my underwear after that, I was sure of it. I woke up DH, got a shower and went to the hospital. very light contractions started on the way there. We arrived around 6:30 a.m. and was admitted right away. They checked me and I was about 2 cm. They ran a hot bath for me and I got in the water and labored there until around 9:30 when the contrax were getting too painful for me to tolerate any longer. I asked for an epi and got it right before 10. I took a bit of a nap and around 1:00 p.m. started feeling more pain and pressure. I was checked to find I was nearly complete (everyone was surprised that I went that fast - including me!). By the time they got set up, it was nearly 2 p.m. and I was delighted to find out that one of the two midwives in my OB practice was going to be delivering my daughter! I pushed for about 45 minutes, and Abigail was born at 2:32 p.m. She weighed 6 lb. 15 oz. and was 19" long.

3 hours old:

3 weeks old:

3 years old:

Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 03/16/15
Posts: 53852

Long story short for me... Smile I went in for a regular ob appt at 38 weeks to find that my blood pressure was pretty high. they also noticed i was swelling alot I had gained 10 lbs of fluid in 1 wk!!! YIKES so we decided to induce 6 days later. I got put on pitocion around 6 and after about 17 hrs. of labor with no progression past a 2 1/2 we opted for the c/s. I just wanted him out. He came screaming into this world on 11/22/06 at 11:12 pm and weight 7 lb 4 oz and 19 in long. We also found out my uterus is shaped a little strange so that's why I was failing to progress and also he had his cord wrapped around his neck. He is an amazing little 2 1/2 year old boy who keeps me on my toes. Definatley adores his baby sister and is very smart and witty. Definatley knows how to push my buttons already too Sad

here he is when born:

siggy pic is from a week ago.

Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 03/16/15
Posts: 53852

I will have to dig up Maddy's birth story, I know I have it saved somewhere.

And pics.

Ok, so I'm mostly just reserving this spot. Blum 3

Eybabystarses's picture
Last seen: 7 years 4 weeks ago
Joined: 01/15/09
Posts: 2

I was due Nov 7th, which was perfect as it was election day 2006 and my husband and I were both political science majors.
However, I knew we wouldn't make it to that date. Jackson and I had a strange connection from the day he was conceived. It was weird but I swear its true. The weekend after he was conceived my friends offered me a Corona and I declined stating I felt pregnant. I would lay in bed at night and I swore I could feel him growing inside me. I took my pregnancy test 3 days before my missed period and it was positive instantly. Then I kept having dreams of a little boy sitting upright legs crossed and fists up. My ultrasound at 28 weeks showed a little boy (The tech told my mom it was a boy but I didn't find out until he was born) upright legs tangled and fists balled. And those sensations I thought were kicks were little punches. I never found out if I was having a boy or a girl but I knew I was going to have a boy. So to make a long story short I was very in tuned to my pregnancy and my baby. On oct 13th I went to the library and checked out books on labor. I told the librarian it would be any day now and they looked at me like I was crazy. I just kept thinking "I hope its not today" because it was friday the 13th. I went home and peed and there was bloody show on the toilet paper and I lost my mucus plug. I was absolutly certain he would be born within a few days.
On Oct 16th I woke up at 4am and felt a little burst feeling. I stood up and a little teeny bit of fluid trickled out. I laid in bed trying to sleep for another 2 hours when I noticed the tightening in my stomach. I turned on the tv guide channel and watched the minutes go by. They were a minute long and 4 minutes apart. I got up to pee again and noticed more blood and decided it was time for a trip to the hospital.
When I got there it was 7:30 in the morning and they checked me. I was one centimeter dialated but contracting too regularly to be sent home. After several hours of me acting like a complete crazy woman and about 9 hours of unmedicated labor my mother told me I better get the epidural or I would not be able to get one at all. The dr. came in and administered the epi and when he left my ob came in. She checked me and told me I could push. I told her she was crazy. After all I had just gotten the epidural and it had not kicked in at all. I asked what time it was and they informed it was 4 pm and I told them to come back in an hour. They came back at 5 (its my favorite number), he was out in a couple of pushes and I caught him as he was making his way into this world.

Jackson Dylan Hunter was born at 5:06 pm Monday oct 16th 2006
He was three weeks and a day early (technically premature)
Weighed in at 5lbs 15 ounces and 20.5 inches long
and peed all over my mom, the dr and me on his way out!

I believe actual labor was about 10 hours long and most of which was totally natural. The next one will be all natural.

First picture

Hospital Picture

Jackson 1, 2, and almost 3