2. It is fine and even encouraged to involve members in the actual planning process -- i.e. setting $$ limits, type of exchange, day of opening, etc.
3. Make certain when posting about the signup that you DO mention that the member accepts any / all risks involved (i.e. neither you nor Pregnancy.org are responsible if they choose to participate.) **see below**
4. You do respect the confidentiality of ALL personal contact information submitted and under NO circumstance share it with anyone outside of admin(that would be in an emergency) without the permission of the member other than within the guidelines for the exchange (i.e. the person they are matched with would receive their info. No one else.)
5. NEVER post anyone's personal contact information or allow anyone else to. All submissions should be sent to the host organizing via pm or email.
6. We do have eligibility requirements for participants. This is not meant to prevent members for taking part in the fun but insuring some protection for our members that those signing up are *legitimate* members onsite. Eligibility for participation in exchanges (any form!) are set at a minimum of 3 months Pregnancy.org membership and a minimum of 300 posts. Of these 300 posts, for birth boards that are 2 years and younger -- 100 posts should be on the board hosting the swap. For all others -- 50 posts from the board offering the swap. This information may be found via a search (limited to posts) on the individual participant’s profile for that particular board. If you need further instructions on how to do this, please let us know.
7. Please try to respect requests that ask NOT to have their private info sent to certain members. Obviously not everyone is going to get along and yes this does require a bit of extra effort. If you have problems please notify us and we will try to help. This is not something that you should publicize -- simply if someone does come to you and specifically asks "Please do not give ______ my mailing address" then try to respect that if at all possible. (We obviously may have to revisit this in the future if it becomes a big ordeal.)
8. for shipping, a return receipt (delivery confirmation) IS required. Once the member has shipped their item encourage them to save their receipt and give you the tracking number for your records. Generally these tend to run approximately $1 U.S. dollar or less additional expense and greatly help avoid potential problems.
9. If, for any reason, a member finds they will not be able to meet your agreement, they should please notify the host of the exchange immediately. We understand that there are certainly times that “life happens” and you cannot fulfill your obligation. Still, for fairness to the group as a whole, if this happens on two (or more) boards, you will not be able to sign up for further swaps/exchanges onsite.
10. Finally, remember that this IS meant to be fun and enjoyable for all involved.
1. Once Mascot arrives, take lots of pictures and even video if you like. Post his "adventures" on the Official thread so we can all enjoy! Creativity is the key... the more fun we make it the longer the enjoyment will last! There is NO standard here... just have fun with him and share that with all of us! Here are some suggestions:
*Take him to any landmarks you may have around your area...
*Have him "Help" around the house
2. Clean him up and send him on his way!
1. We will post his destinations on the thread... and I will PM everyone with their proper forwarding information. I will be sending a PM as your times draws near, not just all at once… this is for safety reasons!
1. how should I ship him? Use whatever shipping method you prefer, but keep in mind that UPS and FEDEX may be more costly, and do not deliver everywhere...if you have any questions, PM me and I will get any questions you have answered.
2. This could be loads of fun, ladies, if we get creative or funny with it! So get to know the person you are sending it to, and have some fun!
3.Obviously, it needs to be clean, unstained, etc...
4.Post a pic of the bib along with his adventure!
2. If you do send/receive an additional gift, please try to keep it personal between the two of you… and obey the community guidelines!
That being said… you have willfully given this information and you must take any risks associated! Pregnancy.ORG, Myself, or Deidre cannot in any way be held responsible for any unfavorable outcomes. (See guidelines, that is where this is from)
Jeffininer NC G
PHuff VA G
Leigh Anne WV G
Coolmama72 VA B
Tetons MD B
awini8 MD B
pitlove PA B
suzemumtohollie Scotland B
rickypaige NJ B
kimmie preggers CT B
PWammy MA G
loveapom MA B
Jamie81 Canada G
Serendipity IN B
emtmomma04 WI B
kiss_the_fiddler MT B
kris_W Canada B
ddublino CA B
sme950 CA G
girlisrad CO B
sarabeth_311 KS G
Tryingforbaby2007 TX G
blueyesongod LA B
CourneyS AR G
Weezlesgirl AL G
NIDIA! GA B
cybergal TN G
Jeffininer NC G