Hey all! Well, I decided to introduce running again into my workout. I just did about 5 minutes today during my walking, but I LOVE the way a good run makes you feel!! So I am starting out slow now. I will next probably do intervals of running. Walk 5 min at an incline then jog for 2-3 min at a lower incline. Then walk for 10 min, then run for 2-3 min, or whatever my body tells me. I will get there. It has been so cold and there is sooooo much ice on the ground here still that I only snowshoe for exercise outside still. I CANNOT wait to start hiking and running/walking outside again for exercise. I am officially done with winter.
And Khourt, I agree, making things from scratch takes work. I try to make dinner from scratch here as much as possible, but I try keep it really simple.
And I too am having turkey tacos tonight!! Hahaha.... it seems this is a staple for all here on the board.
Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and valentines day!!
Ladies.... I cannot even begin to apologize enough. I realize this is gonna sound as loont as I really am... I COMPLETELY FORGOT! yes, I really did! I have been doing some other projects, and I guess my PEA BRAIN only has room for so much...
I AM SO SO SORRY!! I didn't mean to ditch the team!
I am off to update my points. I hope you all can forgive me!
good morning, ladies! I've been doing a lot better with my points due to going to the gym.
anyway, even though I'm doing pretty good with my food, I feel like I need to do better. I haven't lost much weight and it's upsetting.. granted I know it might be bc I'm gaining muscle, but still! I hope I get over this and start losing some.
anyone care to share any recipes for pork chops? I bought two big packs the other day.
Now this recipe is a self taught one, so there is no measuring.
4 pork chops
season all (tony chachere's)
1/2 medium onion (chopped)
1/2 packet brown gravy mix
brown rice ** Read below!!
1. Defrost meat to room temp
2. Coat the chops in oregano, season all and garlic powder evenly.
3. Heat oil in a large pot on high.
4. cut a 2 inch slit in each chop to avoid cupping
5. Arrange chops so that the majority of the meat is touching the bottom of the pot.
6. Cook on high until each side is a dark brown (NOT BLACK) turning periodically
7. Once dark, cover the chops with water and put a lid on the pot with space for the steam to come out.
8. When the water is boiled down, pick up the chops and place the onions on the bottom and the chops back on top. Cook for 3 minutes and then add water to cover. Stir the juices to pick up the browning.
9. Let the water boil down
10. Add water to cover the chops, stir and keep on low fire.
11. In a cup of water, stir in 1.5 tablespoons of cornstarch and then pour it into your chop gravy (this makes it thicker).
12. Shake in the 1/2 packet of brown gravy. and Stir well.
I like to use the gravy over cooked brown rice, YOU MUST FIRST PUT YOUR RICE COOKING BEFORE STARTING THE CHOPS.
You can steam any type of veggie you want with a dash of garlic powder and parsley!!!
GOOD FOR YOU DEIDRE!!! Yeah!! I have been on a plateau for about 6 months now. I am still BFing Mollie and we started solids about 2 1/2 weeks ago full time. I think I have been using that as an excuse. So even though I eat relatively healthy I am going to try to increase exercise intensity and cut calories a little. But honestly, I am still not too worried about my weight until I stop nursing. I am 142 now and like to be around 126-130 lbs... so I know I will get there.
I dont own a scale, so I go by how my clothes look and fit, LOL!!! I put on a pair of pants I could barely get on pre preg! Still can't wear due to this god awful muffin top... but they buttoned!
I think I may be down somewhere between 10-15 lbs...just a guess though!