Sapphire Spaces
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Sapphire Spaces

  1. #1
    Posting Addict indianajones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Sapphire Spaces

    September Sapphire Baby Spaces!

    A place for all of our Sapphire moms to share:
    Pregnancy Photos/Info
    Baby's Birth Story
    Photos and Stats as Our Babies Grow

    A few rules to keep in mind:
    Please turn off your siggy. You are welcome to add any tickers to your space you'd like though!
    NO comments! Feel free to post your new pics in a separate thread on the board so we can ooh and ahh appropriately, though!
    Only one space per member. When you want to add something, please edit your original space by clicking the "Edit" button at the bottom of the post.
    Finally, safety first! When posting pictures or other information, please make sure it doesn't include anything like last names, addresses, etc that could make it easy for someone to discover your real-life location or other details.

    Eventually, our pregnancy spaces thread will be moved to the Keepers board. I will post a link to it here so you can still refer back to it! Here is our current pregnancy spaces thread: ***September 2011 Spaces***

    ~~Sapphire Arrivals~~
    (Click on the momma's screen name to jump to that Sapphire Space)

    June 22
    Nicole (BrightEyes)
    Kailey Nicole (June 22-July 6)
    13" long

    August 1
    Erin (tinker_toy88 )
    4lbs 11 oz

    4lbs 8oz

    August 4
    Dani (Danifo)
    Vanessa Christine
    4lbs 11oz

    August 12
    Melissa (lamonsgrl)
    Carter Blake
    8lbs 9oz

    August 18
    Cheryl (cherylfhorn)
    Jayden Patrick
    5lbs 15oz

    August 20
    Laura (LauraMae78 )
    Kendra Marie
    6lbs 2oz

    August 23
    Erin (bamsmom)
    Leah Claire
    7lbs 7oz

    Jocelyn Kate
    6lbs 10oz

    August 28
    Mandi (mandi04)
    Isaiah David
    7lbs 5oz

    August 29
    Janelle (Nell4Him)
    Evelyn Janelle
    7lbs 0oz

    September 1
    Sonia (SoniaNoemi138 )
    Thalia Elizabeth
    3lbs 15oz

    September 2
    Mari (synergy05)
    Maya Sophia
    ?lbs ?oz

    Erin (ekcanada)
    Kyla Rae
    6lbs 9oz

    Julia (Chimmy)
    7lbs 4oz

    September 3
    Kristina (BloomingRose)
    Alyssa Renee
    7lbs 10.5oz

    September 5
    Melissa (MelissaLynn13)
    Logan Johnathan
    8lbs 13oz

    September 6
    Heather (heatherliz2002)
    William Ronan
    7lbs 6oz

    Krista (krista83)
    Bradley David
    5lbs 12oz

    Kaylee Marie
    ?lbs ?oz

    September 8
    Lori (LizzyLaw06)
    Addisyn Jade
    8lbs 11oz

    Emily (indianajones)
    Eleanor Riley
    7lbs 13oz

    September 10
    Chelsea (cmoriarty)
    Molly Nicole
    7lbs 5oz

    September 11
    Stacy (stacet947)
    7lbs 1oz

    September 12
    Katie (Disneykat)
    6lbs 7oz

    September 13
    Star (starflyr)
    Cassandra Rose
    6lbs 11oz

    Robyn (getbuff63)
    Jackson Ryder
    8lbs 15oz

    Brittany (BlackMoon)
    Chloe Elizabeth

    September 14
    Whendi (dewittmba)
    Julia Christine Hope
    9lbs 8oz

    Kalee (zoe08 )
    6lbs 7oz

    September 15
    Wendy (AirForceWife1)
    Selah Elianah
    7lbs 13oz

    Katie (katielee83)
    Bode Warren
    8lbs 2oz

    Libby (Barbee06)
    Kelsey Ashton
    7lbs 7oz

    Kat (Cherrykitten)
    Reagan Jean
    8lbs 1oz

    September 19
    Rachel (PeppermintPatty)
    Daniel Robert
    9lbs 2oz

    Sarah (ceres)
    8lbs 11oz

    September 21
    Sally (CanadianaSally)
    8lbs 9oz

    September 22
    Prudence (Prudence)
    Flynn Joshua
    8lbs 3oz

    September 26
    Amanda (MandyMommyto1)
    Elise Victoria
    7lbs 13oz

    September 27
    Joni (jonibug)
    6lbs 10oz

    Scilla (Scilla)
    Kyan Ashton
    9lbs 15oz

    Jen (skylersmomma)
    Kesler Edward Albert
    7lbs 1oz

    September 29
    Cristina (Maelani)
    Jacob Henry
    9lbs 6.6oz

    October 1
    Meghan (Roobear)
    Audrey Elizabeth
    7lbs 1oz

    Beth (bethmcd_22)
    ?lbs ?oz

    October 4
    Heather (mom22sofar)
    Lachlan Jason
    8lbs 4oz

    October 6
    Lenora (nori_garsi)
    Christopher Allan (C.J.)
    8lbs 6oz

    October 11
    Stephanie (epiclesis)
    Damien Joseph
    8lbs 2oz

    Official Tallies
    Boys: 20
    Girls: 28
    Last edited by indianajones; 03-13-2012 at 01:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Prolific Poster Danifo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010


    Vanessa Christine 33w5d
    Pregnancy: Had heavy spotting 6w-12w but other than that was pretty uneventful. My water unexpectedly broke Saturday July 30th at 33 weeks. I had no contractions/dilation/effacement. However, I was told I was in the hospital until I delievered. After 1-2 days, they decided to induce me at 34 weeks.

    Labour Story:
    All day Wednesday my back was hurting a little. I thought it was from sitting on my butt too much and I was reading my e-books on the laptop because my e-reader charger never made it to the hospital. I thought maybe that made me sit wierd and also I hadn't pooped since Monday. Nothing too bad.

    Around 11 I decided to go to try to go to sleep and I couldn't get comfortable. I got up to pee a whole bunch and tossed and turned a lot. By 2:30 am I thought it was getting worse but there were no contractions, it just hurt. I buzzed the nurse to see if it was back labour or just a pain in my back. She got me some Tylenol and paged the dr to see if they should monitor me. By now i do feel like I'm getting contractions. It either hurts a lot or hurts so much that I want to jump out of my skin. Evenutally she comes back and sets me up on the monitor. After 20 minutes of monitoring, there are no contractions showing up on the monitor but she decides I seem like I am having them so she pages the Dr again. By the time the doctor gets there, the monitor picks up little random contractions. To me it feels like every 2 minutes lasting for 90s. The doctor decides to check me because despite the monitor, I am obviously having problems. At 3:25 am I am 4 cm and I phone my DH. They call for a stretcher to wheel me down to L&D. By the time that gets there, the contractions are making me very sick and I can't see how I can go much more. I couldn't even put on my slippers when getting onto the stretcher. I get into the L&D room and I am hot and hurt. I also need to pee so I go to the bathroom, pee and have a small poop. I had a lot of trouble moving to get off the toilet but at some point I realized that i had to or I was in danger of having the baby on the toilet.

    I stumble out of the bathroom and say I can't do this anymore and need the epidural. The nurse says she will call once she can get the monitor placed. Unlike every other time, she cannot find the heart beat. At this point, there is a little voice in my head that is concerned but the voice that is shouting at this time just says make it stop hurting. She looks for over 5 minutes. Around 4am I manage to ask, how do I know if I need to push. She asks if I think I need to and i say I think so. She finds the heartbeat very very very low and pulls back my panties to start the check and she doesn't even touch me, she just says that the baby is crowning and to not push. Another nurse comes in immediately and the OB is shortly after and the team from the NCIU. DH walked in the room and got to the side of the bed and I pushed with the next contraction.

    After 1 push, Vanessa Christine was born at 4:06 am at 4lbs 11oz. After I delivered the placenta, they said I had a placenta abruption which was the cause of the back pain.

    Thank God that my mom was here because if DH had to do anything with DD1 like drop her off at the neighbours, he would have missed the delivery.

    Day 2- CPAP out
    Day 3 -6 under lights for jaundice
    Day 5 - IV out; onto full volume feeds!
    Day 6 - moved to the intermediate room
    Day 8 - moved to bassinet
    Day 11 - First bath

    Basically we are waiting for her to decide that she is able to use her mouth. She does latch but I get about 3-6 sucks over 5 minutes and then she falls asleep for hours. They bottle feed about 3 times a day and she drinks 1/3-1/2 of the bottle. They are alternating gavage (tube) feeding and mouth feeding because after she mouth feeds, she sleeps through the next feeding. She needs to be able to do all feedings by mouth before they will release her. Everything looks good and I am confident she will be able to BF eventually but it will take awhile. Pumping is going fine although I hate it. The best thing I bought was a bra that allows me to double pump. Day 1 I got 6 mLs and now I average 600 mLs.

    Day 15 - Over 5 lbs Now we can use our car seat when we go home.

    Day 17 - First full nursing session!

    Day 19 - She won't keep her tube in to eat so they are waiting and seeing how it goes. So far not great but hopefully she clues in and starts eating more.

    Day 23 - Home

    08/04/2011 birth 4lbs 11oz 17 inches
    08/29/2011 4 weeks 5lbs 14oz 19 inches
    10/19/2011 11 weeks 8 lbs 8oz 21.5 inches
    11/17/2011 15w1d. 9 lbs 14oz
    12/14/2011 4 months 10 lbs 14 oz 23 inches
    12/30/2011. 4m3w. 11 lbs 11 oz. 23.5 inches
    Last edited by Danifo; 12-30-2011 at 11:06 AM.

  3. #3
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Texarkana, AR


    Birth Story:
    Mon 8/8 (36wk 4days)- Dr appt, cervix closed. Packed my hospital bag and got extra things together for Carter. I was having some cramping as I went to bed. Woke up at 1:30am contracting.
    Tues 8/9 (36wk 5days)- Contracted all Monday night every 2-6 minutes or so. I sent my OB's nurse a text around 10am and she told me to come in to be seen. Once we got to the dr office, I couldn't walk, talk, or breath through contractions. He checked me and I was 1-2cm. He told me that I could go walk and see if that progressed things along and come back at 4pm to be rechecked. I really didn't walk alot so when I went back, my cervix hadn't changed. So, we went home to wait it out.
    Wed 8/10 (36wk 6days)- Pretty uneventful. Just the normal contractions that I had been having for all those weeks before hand.
    Thurs 8/11 (37wk)- Normal contractions again during the day. Woke up around 1:30am contracting again. Every 2-3 min. Throughout the contractions, I was texting DH to let him know what was going on since he was at work. Just decided to wait it out for a while.
    Fri 8/12 (37wk 1day)- Contractions still going on. Sent the OB's nurse a text. She talked to him and he wanted to me go to L&D. So, we left around 9:30 or so. Once we got checked in, the nurse (Lora) checked me and I was still 1-2 cm. So, I stayed to be monitored for a while. I was contracting every 2-3 min. OB came in around 11:30. After discussing me being a previous c/s, GBS+, and contracting so regularly, we decided that the best thing to do was have a baby! I was completely freaked out. I had brought all my bags and was ready, but I wasn't READY! Lauren (LVN/scrub nurse) came in and started my IV and got all of my lab work. Lora came back in and did everything else that needed to be done. The CRNA came in and talked to me. So, around 2:30pm we went to the OR. It was such a surreal experience at this point. I'm used to being on the "other side". After what seemed like forever, Carter Blake was born at 3:08pm weighing 8#9oz, 21 in long. He was absolutely perfect.
    I had a wonderful team. The nursery nurse (Stephanie), I delivered her last baby. The respiratory therapist (Margaret), I delivered her baby. My RN, Lora, my friend. My cousin, Jennifer, who is a RN and works PRN with us, came in to take pics for me. Then, Lauren, another friend.

    I will post some pics later.
    Last edited by lamonsgrl; 08-21-2011 at 03:50 PM.

  4. #4
    Super Poster SoniaNoemi138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Staten Island, NY


    Reserving my spot for Thalia here.

    Thalia Elizabeth born 9/1/2011, 9:40am
    3lbs 15oz, 16 inches

    Everything to follow...
    Last edited by SoniaNoemi138; 09-01-2011 at 10:12 PM.


    #1 - Thalia Elizabeth - born 9/1/2011, 9:40am 3lbs. 15oz, 16"

    My September '11 Space

  5. #5
    Posting Addict Nell4Him's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    So. Oregon


    Evelyn's space

    1/10/12-- 4.5 months. 4 month check up. 12lbs 15oz, 25 inches long. She went up in weight percentage and up in height. She's now 25-50% weight and 95% height. Long, skinny thing. After consulting in Medford with an IBCLC and consulting with our dentist and talking with a pediatric dentist over the phone, then after seeing an ENT locally, we came to the decision to wait on clipping her lip tie. It was too thick and prominent for anyone to want to clip it. They all suggested oral surgery which has to wait til she's big enough to be put under.

    10/17/11-- 7 weeks old. 6 week check up (one week late) went decent. Evie is now 9lbs 4.5oz (between 5 an 10th percentile), 21.9 inches long (between 10 and 25th) and her head is 14.5 inches around (below 5th percentile). She has a lip tie that needs to be addressed and a possible posterior tongue tie. We have been referred to Medford (1hr away) for diagnosis and treatment. She was having issues with not pooping, but since I've gone completely dairy free as of last Monday, she's been pooping every day starting Thursday. Hopefully we've taken care of that problem. She does have signs and symptoms of reflux and the doctor has prescribed baby zantac for a trial period. I am hoping that the dairy free diet and fixing the lip and tongue tie fixes the reflux. So far she is keeping up with other babies her age as far as developmental milestones goes.

    Evelyn Janelle was born August 29th (1 day before due date) at 4:28pm. She was 7lbs even and 19.5 inches long. Her head was 13.5 inches.

    Friday, Aug 26th, the doctor stripped my membranes per my request. The prodromal labor started Friday evening around 5pm and continued all weekend long with lots of bloody mucous. I was 3cm 50% effaced on Friday when the sweep was done and was 3cm 80% effaced on Saturday afternoon when contractions became 3 minutes apart and required deep breathing and vocalizing.

    Monday, Aug 29th. The doctor requested I go be checked at the birthing center and we found I was still 3cm 80% effaced around 11:30am. DH and I went back home and walked to lunch, ate, came back and had sex. Contractions starting coming right on top of each other as soon as we were "done". We headed to the birthing center shortly after 3pm with contractions coming quickly and painfully. Upon arrival (about 3:30pm) I was 4cm+ and 100% effaced. Evelyn was born at 4:28pm.

    Other than a slight issue with hemorrhage and jaundice, everyone is doing well.

    We were both released Wednesday afternoon to come home to our now family of 5.

    Last edited by Nell4Him; 01-22-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    Janelle and Brad 8-25-01
    Jacob 04-14-04
    m/c 04-16-06
    Daniel 01-09-09
    Evelyn 08-29-11

  6. #6
    Posting Addict mandi04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003


    Saving Isaiah's spot till I have time to update it more

    I'll have to copy and paste my birth story, it was a whirlwind so I won't have more details till after I see my midwife at my postpartum visit.

    End of pregnancy stuff
    8/3- 2cm 80%
    8/8-8/10- hospitalized with preterm contractions, received magnesium sulfate to stop them and two steroid shots for baby's lungs
    when I checked into the hospital 8/27 I was measuring 38 weeks! 3cm 80% -1, progressed to 4cm after a few hours and then stalled out there

    Isaiah's stats so far
    birth (8/28 )- 7lbs 5oz 19.5in
    8/29- billi level was 8, weight was still 7 something, can't remember already
    hospital discharge (8/30)- 6lbs 14oz, billi level was 6.8
    9/1- 6lbs 14oz, billi was 14.2
    9/2- billi was 15.2
    9/3- 7lbs 1oz, billi was 15.1
    9/6- cord stump fell off!
    9/8- 7lbs 6oz, just under 20in.
    9/29- 1 month appointment! 10lbs
    10/7- visit for weight check and 'rash' on his face, cradle cap on his face 11lbs!
    2 month appointment scheduled for 10/31

    Where to start. Saturday morning I cleaned the house and then went to the zoo with the kids, my sister-in-law and my nephew. I knew I was having contractions every 8 minutes beforehand but figured the zoo would either help them along or at least distract me, not to mention get the kids out. We finished maybe half the zoo before I decided we better not finish the rest. Luckily for me my sister-in-law was okay coming to our house to watch the kids until my in-laws could get there (they were at a wedding) and I called dh before we left the zoo and told him he should get out of work early and come pick me up. They were every 5 minutes at that point, so not too bad. So off to the hospital we went, I noticed about 3:30pm...called dh about 4pm and we got to the hospital around 6pm I believe? I was 3cm when they first checked me when I got there (contracting every 3 minutes) and then 4cm the next time. I didn't really pay attention to times but I think it was 2 hours later, so they admitted me and everyone thought we'd have a baby by morning. At some point I got off the monitors and took a shower to help my back pain...sometime around there I noticed the contractions didn't seem to be coming as close together, going back on the monitors confirmed it and at next check there was no change, they took me off the monitors and said to try to rest and we'd see how things were in the morning. Morning came and my contractions were far apart (every 15 minutes or so) and of course no change. With my past labors they just weren't sure what to do. I live a good drive from the hospital and have fast labors and was they had me get up and walk around, get on the birthing baall, go on all 4s...just all sorts, they even hinted that I could try their stairs as long as they didn't know and I did, but nothing was doing it. They gave me the option to keep trying there or to be discharged and around 10am (Sunday) I asked to be discharged. I knew nothing would start back up there and I was really worried that I'd be discharged late at night and then have to be home alone with all the kids and dh working 8-8 on Monday. My midwife reccomended we not pick up the kids and see if we could start things back up ourselves and she gave dh a quick run through on 'just in case you have to deliver the baby yourself' So, we left and went to the mall and a few stores, nothing seemed to be happening so we went and got some lunch and went home. I ate, and picked up the house and then hopped on the riding lawn mower and mowed our back yard (important to note we live on almost 2 acres ) I came in and showered and then we DTD and within 20 minutes STRONG contractions started up (about 2:30pm), they were down to every 5 minutes right away but I decided to stick them out a little, but by 3pm I told dh we better go. I suggested we go to the store right down the street from the hospital and we were in there less than 5 minutes before I told dh we had to go. I could hardly walk at that point and we were getting quite a few looks. We got to the hospital about 4pm and within 20 minutes things were rough. I told dh that I really didn't want to do this anymore and I wanted to go home which is when he knew that this was 'it'. They didn't keep me on the monitors long and I went straight into the shower after she checked me...still 4cm which had me SO disappointed (in hindsight I find it funny because of how strongly I was contracting at that point). I just sat in the shower and cried with each contraction. After about an hour they had me leave the shower to be checked and the nurse said about 5cm...again, I was super disappointed. She wanted to monitor me but I could not bear to be in bed so they let me go back in the shower and called my midwife down to see if she could break my water. She came in and coaxed me out of the shower, laying in bed at that point was pure torture but she needed to have baby on the monitor while she broke my water and said once that was done I could go back in. She checked me and broke my water and said i was 5cm and told the nurse to go fill the pool, that was about 5:30pm. She got me up and told dh to grab the camera and we walked down the hall to the room with the tub. I got in there and sat in the tub right away, that was SO nice! It really went so fast at that point, but felt like slow motion, before I knew it I was feeling pushy and the midwife was telling the nurse she needed to be in there now and the poor nurse was worried because the 'birth table' was all set up in my room, not that room. Baby was crowning at this point and I guess the hospital has NOT approved water births yet so the midwife and my dh picked me up and with just a few pushes baby was out, so I delivered standing up in the birthing pool and then they helped me sit down with baby He felt big pushing him out, with #2 and #3 I didn't have to push after the head was out and even standing up with gravity helping me I had to push for his shoulders. Nobody was really paying attention but they guessed his birth time at about 5:45pm. He definitely looked chubby but still tiny to me so I was in shock when they weighed him and said he was 7lbs 5oz! My biggest baby before him was 5lbs 13oz and they were delivered at the same 'gestation', both boys. The next day they did the ballard assessment (to assess gestational age) and came back with a 'score' of 39 weeks, which actually makes so much more sense than what they had me at (when they admitted me on Saturday my fundal height was at 38 too), based on when I got the positive test and when we dtd, I always knew they had me at less than I was because the 21st would have been impossible but even being 39 weeks made sense based on his size. All my other kids were about the same, he was a lb and a half to 2lbs heavier, about what they'd grow in 2.5-3 weeks.
    What else, he had a lot of facial bruising because of how fast he came but it is actually clearing up quite fast compared to the bruising my DD2 had. The LC thinks his facial muscles are sore and contributing to his bad latch, hopefully that improves. His bili levels this morning were 8 and at discharge it was 6.8 this afternoon so that all looks great (all my other kids had borderline-high levels) and he sleeps GREAT! ***KNOCK ON WOOD*** The last two nights he woke at midnight and 6am to eat, I'd love if that continues. Everything was really such a whirlwind. He's a wonderful baby, looks nothing like my other kids but absolutely adorable in his own right. His discharge weight was 6lbs 14oz so not too bad there. Newborn clothes fit perfectly, and anything I had for 'up to 7lbs' or 'preemie' does not fit at all I gave the hospital a few of the preemie sized hats I knit for him too since those also did not fit. The kids all love him, even DS which has surprised me.....I'm sure I'm forgetting some but I'm exhausted and he's starting to wake up, so I'll add anything i forget, just wanted to get a rough birth story written before I start forgetting (and i already have, I had to ask dh about some details).
    Last edited by mandi04; 10-13-2011 at 07:10 PM.
    DD1- July 2004
    DD2- April 2006
    DS1- December 2009
    DS2- August 2011

  7. #7
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    May 2007


    35 wks 1 day
    Leah Claire 8/23/11 ~ 1:03pm ~ 7.7lbs ~ 19 1/4 in
    Jocelyn Kate 8/23/11 ~ 1:04 pm ~ 6.10lbs ~ 19 1/4 in

    So the evening of August 22nd I had a couple strong contractions, but nothing that I found too alarming although 1 was the worst I've had all pregnancy. I went to bed like normal and around 1am 8/23 DH came in to grab a tshirt. I heard him and also realized that I was having a contraction at the same time. I kept quiet and tried to go back to sleep, but that wasn't going to happen for awhile. I continued to have mild contractions for the next 30+ mins. and was in and out of the bathroom several times. I went ahead and lined my bed with towels just in case my water would break and tried to get some sleep. I was able to sleep on and off, but was woken up often with contractions and having to go to the bathroom. The contractions were the worst in my back and caused me to have trouble getting into a comfortable position in bed. I began to wonder if this was 'it' but I also knew that I had an NST scheduled for 9am at the hospital and figured I could hold out until then and I did. I got up and worked for ~ 1 hr and told DH what had been going on. I told him that I would let him know if things changed and I went to my appointment.

    Once I checked in for my NST I told the nurse I was having random contractions and what had been going on all night. She got me nhooked up to all the monitors etc and sure enough I was contracting every 2-3 mins and they were lasting about 60-80 sec. After about 20 mins the on call midwife advised that I should rehydrate orally and see if it slowed the contractions and also gave orders to check my cervix. I had not shown any progress @ any of my previous OB appts, but with this check I was 1 cm, 70% thinned and the nurse could feel the baby hand and was actually able to count her fingers! She went ahead and called and reported her findings to the MW and I drank the ~60 oz of water which really didnt do anything. I told the nurse I had an appointment with my OB @ 10:15 and she passed that along to the MW because obviously I wasn't going to make it (it was 10:15 by this time). So I just sat back and tried to relax and watched the monitors like a hawk! LOL ... around 10:45 I got a call on my cell from my OB's nurse and she asked where I was! I told her I was @ the hospital and having contractions, no one had told them! She said that she was going to let my OB know, OK. So @ 11:05 the Hospital nurse comes back in and says that my OB had called and that he wanted me to stop drinking and not to eat anything else. He was going to come over at lunchtime and do my section I was in SHOCK! I really figured that they would try and stop the contractions as I was only 35wk 1 day. I said OMG.. I have to call everyone! So I called DH and my Mom and started to send text msgs to everyone (I was supposed to return to work). From here it was a blur...IV, shave, labs, 1000 questions etc. DH got there in about 10 mins and I just started to cry, I was so nervous the babies were not ready to be born and would have to go to the NICU. He was a great support and the nurses were great too! Around 12 my OB came in and scanned me and we got ready to go back for the csection.

    They had a hard time getting my spinal in because I was so jumpy, I just hate needles! Finally they got it in and they laid me back... I could still feel them touching me and quickly let them know! They tried moving the table in different positions etc to help, but I could still move my toes on command! They actually told me that if it didnt take within 2 mins I was going to be put to sleep, I started crying all over again. Thankfully even though I could move my toes I could not feel any pain, so the surgery finally started. Baby A was born Leah, she was born at 1:03, I heard her cry and I lost it! HAPPY TEARS!!!! Everyone in the room was commenting on how large she was, it was like a little party. My OB didnt care for this and yelled "hey we still have another baby to deliver"! Baby B Jocleyn again was a great size and everyone was talking about that, but I could hear my OB talking about blood and other odd things. Turns out that Jocelyns aminotic fluid had alot of blood in it, he said it was a placenta leak and that had we not delivered the placenta could/would have abrupted. I also was bleeding alot and had to get some meds to slow things down. Including high doses on Pit in my IV for the next 24 hours.

    Once in recovery I was freezing and shaking uncontrollably. As a matter of fact I was shaking so bad that I did not feel the earthquake that happened just 50 mins after the girls were born! The lactation consultant came in after about 20 mins and brought Jocelyn in and we were able to start nursing and she did great! I was advised that Leah had low blood sugar and would need to remain in the nursery until they got her stablized, which was about 4 hours.

    Once they brought Leah out I realized that the spinal was not working and my pain was getting bad! I was having alot on afterpains and they were severe! After a couple hours of suffering they got a Demerol PCA hooked up and I felt alot better. The girls are great nursers, but my milk just wasn't coming in. We had to use a SNS supplementing system in hopes to encourage my milk to come in, but it took forever (Sunday night to be exact). The OB was ready to send me home on Friday, but the Ped wanted the girls to stay because their wt was dropping. I was able to stay another 24 hrs and we all got to come home on Saturday, during the hurricane! SH calls the girls the "natural disasters" because they were born during an earthquake and came home in a hurricane.

    We went in for a wt and color check on Monday and after a bili test realized Leah would have to go back into the hospital for phototherapy, her levels were at 19.6. Thankfully we only had to stay ~20 hrs and then got to return home.

    The biggest concerns has been their wts.

    Leahs birth stat 7.7 lbs 19 1/4in...@ discharge she was @ 6.10lbs and dropped to 6.4 lbs before coming back up to 6.10 on 9/2

    Jocelyns birth stats 6.10lbs 19 1/4ins @ discharge she was @ 6.1 and dropped to 5.15lbs before coming back up to 6.1 on 9/2.

    We are still working on their wts and they are getting 1 oz of formula a couple times a day, but I am determined to breastfeed these babies.

    All in all they are good babies, but are 3rd shifters and like to be held. The other kids are settling in well and we are just so happy with our completed family. We realize how blessed we are and that the ending of this story could have been SO SO much worse had Jocelyns placenta abrupted. God is good and I am so thankfyl my OB did the section when he did!
    Erin, Mommy to 5 beautiful children and 1 Angel above!
    Brayden 9
    Kellan 6
    Isabelle 3
    Leah and Jocelyn- newborn twinkies!!!
    11*17*10 7 weeks

  8. #8
    Mega Poster heatherliz2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008


    Reserving Ronan's space!

    William Ronan
    September 6th, 2011
    9:44 am
    Successful VBAC!!!!
    7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches

    Will add more later

  9. #9
    Posting Addict BloomingRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Northern Ontario, Canada.


    Alyssa's Space!

    Well, as you all know Thursday Sept 1st I went in to have my membranes swept. Started off as a normal kind of day, and didn't really expect anything to happen. Got to my appt and had a small wait as the Dr was off doing something else. The sweep itself wasn't too bad, I didn't feel a thing and actually had to ask "that's it?" when he was done, lol. Never had one before so was clueless. Upon being checked, I was still a good 3cms dilated and the Dr said I was about 70% effaced at that point - 20% more than I was a few days before, so that seemed promising that baby girl would be here soon. She was also in the head down position, so as of 3pm that day, we were locked in and ready to have a baby!

    We talked to the Dr a bit about some other things, and off we went. Hubby bought us lunch, he wanted me - and him, to have a bit of food in us just in case the sweep worked and labor started. So, we ate then went and took a walk on the boardwalk, then went and picked up the kids, and went home.

    We ended up visiting a friend for a bit, we only had the girls as the inlaws said they'd keep the boys. While visiting, my contractions started, and while I wasn't timing them, they were fairly close. So, after a bit, we decided to leave and ended up dropping the girls off again, and off to the hospital we went. This all started about 6pm, and after timing they were pretty consistant in the 3-5 min range. They were also a bit stronger than what I had been experiencing, too, and we knew that probably no matter what, baby girl would soon be born. At least, that's what we let ourselves believe at the time.

    So, we do the whole admit, get changed, checked stuff. Contractions are still coming on regularily. We were told though, that chances are after a bit of monitoring, I'd probably be sent home, they were full. All their beds were filled already, and in the morning they had 3 more c-sections to do. At that point we figured we were screwed, and it was yet another 'wasted trip'. The Dr had told us though, that if we went back with steady contractions, and since I was now term, he would break my water, and not send me home. As many of you will recall, he didn't want to risk me delivering quickly on the side of the highway and that's what his plan was for me, to deliver in the hospital and not risk a worst case scenario. Oh, and when I explained to the nurses what was going on, and what the Dr's plans were, we were told basically it wasnt gonna happen because they were filled as it was, and that I should just go home. Uhh, sure, I was still contracting steadily, had a membrane sweep, and yet, you wanna send me home against what the Dr said? Don't think so!

    So, we hung out a bit, and got told he'll keep me over night for observation, and probably break my water in the morning after all his c-sections were completed. At midnight I was given another sweep, and then we attempted to get some rest.

    1AM - someone comes in who's in labor. Great, now we're REALLY screwed and will be sent home and the possible worst case scenario happening. We hoped for the best and that they wouldn't tell me to take a hike.

    4:30am -I've slowly progressed to about 3 1/2 cms dilated, but now I have bloody show. Yep, sounds just like what we went through a year prior with Hailey. Super slow progression.

    8AM - FINALLY we have some progression! I'm now 5cms dilated as checked by the DR, yet, he won't break my water because he has 2 c-sections to do. He didn't want to risk me zipping along and he's in the OR. So, we ended up having to play the waiting game. He also said NO I am not going home. He did say later though, if he hadn't checked me the day before at the sweep and not notice the change between then and 8am Friday, he may have considered sending me home just cause they were over filled etc. Ok, so if that's what it came to, we would have been alright with it I guess. I get they had more than enough on their plates, but thankfully I progressed enough on my own to warrent staying put.

    At 1ish, hubby left for a bit, and the one nurse came in to check me. She had the nerve to ask if I wanted to go home, so I said no, he's going to come and break my water, he just needed to get the sections done with first and already said he was NOT going to be sending me home. So she was kinda snotty and was like "OH, how far along are you? Oh, you're only 37 weeks, he can't do that, we need to have a consult first, you can't do that till your due date" So I said, uh, no, he did it last year and no one questioned it, she said well, it's procedure and she has to do her job accordingly and save and cover her a$$ so she had to go and phone some other Dr and ugh. Yep, that started the stress factor! And besides, I was 5 cms dilated... and here she wants me to go home. We had no idea if my body was gonna do it's own thing or not, and what if it did, how totally screwed would I be to deliver on the highway because they're too full and don't wanna deal with yet one more person? The one nurse I had was alright, but she even seemed to suggest that I would be sent home, and the Resident that was working with my Dr seemed to think/feel the same thing, even though she heard what he had said earlier in the day when I got the sweep done. We didn't like her much, but we know that she was just doing her job and making sure she covered all areas, but she came off on it the wrong way with us. Oh and in regards to the nurse who needed to cover her behind, she wanted to check me and I said nope, sorry. Hubby isn't here and he said NO checks at all till he gets back. She looked at me funny and walked out. Sorry, but if things had taken off after being checked again, since you just never know, last thing we needed was him to not be there. I called him and told him what was going on and he best get back asap. I was pissed at that point.

    Finally, 2:50pm the Dr shows up. I asked if he's here to do what he said he was gonna do, he laughed and said yeah, then "well, what do YOU want me to do?" So I said, well break my water and lets have this baby lol. So of course, that's what happened. Now we play the waiting game. After that, miss. snotty nurse was being as nice as could be... ha, don't mess with us, we know what's going on, and procedures and policys... ha, who needs em? Oh, yeah and she came in and mumbled "I don't care, my a$$ is covered" right after he came in and was getting gloves and whatnot. MEOW!

    Upon being checked, he said I was about 5-6cms and we would wait 6 hours to start pitocin. Reason being is to give my body a good chance to do something on it's own before starting interventions. I was fine with that, and hubby and I both figured that being around 6cms was a good start. So again we sat around. Went walking, sat outside, hubby made a couple calls to update people. It was really nice out, kinda warm but was nice and far better than my delivery room, which had no window because we were in the other one, so it was gloomy in there. Oh, and the same thing happened this time as it did with Hailey - once my water broke the contractions died down to really random intervals. Till then they were still fairly consistant at 3-5 mins apart.

    Didn't do much of anything after that. Hubby and I tried to get some rest, watched tv, walked a bit. Finally around 8 the nurse came in and said we were gonna start pitocin. Finally, there was gonna be an end and enough nonsense and bs. Now I knew that things were gonna hopefully zip along and we'd have our baby girl and not one single nurse could walk in and even think about suggesting that I go home, or that my Dr is an idiot and can't do what was discussed with me and hubby without having to consult other Dr's, blah blah blah. We were both tired and simply had enough.

    9pm came and they got me ready to get the drip put in. I think it wasn't till 9:20 that the actual drip got started, but at that point I didn't care. All I was thinking was, hurry up and increase it already lol. Every 30 mins they up it by 10. So, again, we had a bit more of uneventfulness. I was glad too, they had called in a 3rd nurse because they had so many of us in there, and one has to stay with me at all times to keep watch on the monitors etc. The nurse called in was one of my nurses I had when I delivered Hailey, and while she says "sorry" alot, I liked her. Least she wasn't gonna try and say a bunch of bs to piss us off!

    Hubby had fallen asleep and was snoring up a storm, probably about 10:30pm. Well, that made me and the nurse laugh because he was really loud and I told her he gets way worse than that. I think it was around 11pm when the Dr's Resident came in to see how things were going and to check my progress. Even she had to laugh at hubby, and while it seems mean to have laughed, at least it was a bit of stress relief, even if he was annoying the hell out of me! So, I got checked and She said oh, you're about 7cms, at which point I was shocked. Usually by 7cms I'm near, or in my teary eyed, holy hell this hurts stage. At this point, I was feeling very little discomfort, enough to say 3/10 but nothing major. Contractions weren't happening very frequent either, and by then they would have been frequent. THEN, she said, wait, I don't think that's the head I'm feeling, and I was like, WHAT!? She asked the nurse, and they were talking, and she said it's really squishy, whatever she's feeling, but it wasn't the head. Well that started getting me freaked out. She ran out and went and got the portable ultrasound machine, and did an ultrasound on me. Sure enough, after poking and probbing, they found that the head was down on the left side, and her bum was up on the right. I looked at her and asked in a really weak, almost squeaky sounding voice "does this mean what I think it means?". She said, well it could, but she would call the Dr and get his input. So, she left the room, and I lost it. My nurse asked what was wrong, and I told her, then I asked her to wake hubby up. Well, what a shock to him, I was crying when he got up and he assumed I was at that "holy this hurts, teary eyed stage". I couldn't quite fill him in, so my nurse took over... thank god for her!

    The resident came back and told us that the Dr thought there could be a possibility of her flipping, even if it meant her going breech. He could still deliver if she was breech. So hubby and I kinda sat there for a bit stunned, and not sure what to think or do. At that point, the Dr had left the choice up to us - go for a csection or wait it out and see if she flipped. He was kind of confident she would flip one way or another. The resident however, in a shocking turn of events, asked if we wanted her to call him back and ask him to come in, it was as she put it "the least she could do". Remember, we didn't like her much because she was too much of a 'book thrower' so to speak, we had to do things by the book, though we understand being a resident she had to cover all grounds, but went about it in a slight wrong way for us. So, in comes the Dr, and he's just standing there, with this look on his face. Everyone in the room was quiet, then I asked what he thought the chances of her flipping would be. He said well, he's not sure but has seen it happen, they generally know to get into position, but he checked me. That's when everything went down hill.

    He said no, we can't wait. Feels like a shoulder or something, and since I was 7cms there just wasn't time to sit and wait to see if she'd flip. He said we COULD wait, however, there's a chance that if we did that, baby wouldn't make it. We'd be in a worse position if we waited, because then it would be a rush against the clock so to speak rushing to OR to get her out if my body kicked in and did what it was supposed to do. You can just imagine my fear and my reaction to hearing that 1 - I had no choice but to combat my extreme fear of being sliced open, and 2 - if I chose to wait, my baby could die. Eventually I said, well, I guess so. We need to do what's best for baby girl. I know, I know, saying something like "well I guess so" doesn't seem fitting, but honestly, I had NO idea what to say or do at that moment, other than I knew she had to come out one way or another, and it needed to be the best way possible.

    So, prep got started on me. My necklace and rings had to come off, my nail polish removed, and the cathetor put in. My god, as if being poked and prodded wasn't bad enough, but to have one of those put in was even worse. Hubby was taken out to get into his Dr uniform... I should have listened to the nurse and took a pic, it really was pricless to see him dressed like that, and I know the kids woulda thought it comical as well, but at that point, I sorta ignored what she said and was just thinking about what was to come - and freaking out. I do regret it now though not having that pic, but what can ya do. Then, we were told we couldn't have the camera in the OR, I have NO pics of her first moments in the heated bed getting checked out etc. I was really bummed about that, but I guess it had to do with germs and whatnot, so understandable in a way, but still kind of upsetting.

    Well, into the OR we got, and then I REALLY started freaking out. I didn't know what to expect, what the outcome would be, nothing. Hubby had to stay out in the hall till they got me set up and ready to get the freezing in, and man oh man THAT HURT! What a strange feeling it was too, and one point my right leg started twitching, which freaked me out. I guess it was just because he was moving the stuff all around. He poked me a bunch of times, and nothing, then he said "well I'm gonna try once more and if it don't work, I'm gonna have to put you to sleep" Well that did it. I did all I could to hold it together, but the thought of going to sleep and waking up not knowing anything was enough to scare the crap outta me. Finally he said, ok, your bum should start getting warm, and it was. Ok, so down I went, then I was strapped in like some mental patient. I guess in my case I probably could have passed as one . He started explaining to me what I would feel, what I would hear etc. He said I'd hear a sucking noise from one of the hoses and that was my 1 minute timer to know that the baby would be out. He told the Dr that they should wait a couple mins to make sure I was well frozen, but it seemed in no time I was good to go. Again, I got some more explaining - I may feel sick, he was giving me shots of something and it would burn going in. My BP was real low but it picked back up after he gave me something.

    I did get sick a couple times, yeah that's real fun tilting your head to the side to puke in a pan, then have to be wiped up by the anasthesiologist - I know that's spelled wrong, I usually don't even try and spell it lately I just call him the freezing man LOL. I got sick after they had given Alyssa to me, I wanted a bit more time with her, but had to have hubby take her so I could puke again .

    All I was waiting for was that 1 min alarm to let me know she was coming out. I wanted to know she was safe and that we weren't going to be one of those unfortunate parents of something gone wrong. Finally, I heard it and the 'freezing man' said, oh, she'll be here in a minute. Then I heard her cry, then I cried, and freaked out some more. I do remember I was pulling up alot on the wrist restraints alot. Not sure why, I guess because I was so scared. Hubby got to go and see Alyssa when they took her to the nursery, and it took an hour to put me back together. At 230am I was brought into recovery for half an hour. Hubby joined me soon after I was brought in, then at 3am, I was brought into my room and finally really got to see my new baby girl.

    It was by far one of the worst experiences I've ever had. I think things would have been slightly different had I had time to prepare for it, you know by say, a couple months. Making a choice like that and everything happening so fast in a matter of 5 mins or so isn't exactly thrilling and what one would call exciting. Even the Dr was rather bothered by it all, he wasn't wanting to have to do it either, especially since I've had 4 successful births prior. I did ask after the fact what he thought happened, and he said, while her head was there the whole time, she wasn't in enough, so when he broke my water, the force of the gush somehow dislodged her and she was able to flip, but didn't have time to flip back to where she should be.

    So, Saturday September 3rd at 1:30am, Alyssa Renee was born. She weighed 7lbs, 10 1/2ozs and supposedly measured 21 1/2 inches long. They did this to me when Hailey was born and we were told that they measure the crevices etc "why I dunno", and she was only about 19 inches long, Alyssa should be much the same. Her APGAR scores at 1 minute and 5 minutes were both a 9. Couldn't ask for better!

    Oh, and the next day the snotty nurse who had to have a consult done to 'save her a$$' walked in, saw me and was asking how I felt etc and mentioned about the section and said "And that's why we do consults". Uh, hello? The baby shifting could happen to ANYONE, and it's not in anyone's control when it happens. I was just the unlucky one to have it happen at the last minute with no time to wait and hope.

    Pics will come later on today or tomorrow. This post has taken me a long time to type up lol. Thank god we had come up with her name a couple days prior, I wouldn't have wanted to go through trying to figure out a name through all of that! What an emotional ride it was, and still is.
    Kristina, wife to Bruce, mom to:
    Christopher 10
    Cameron 7
    Heather 3
    Hailey 1!!
    Alyssa - Born 3 weeks early on Sept. 3rd 2011.

  10. #10
    Posting Addict indianajones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007


    ~*~Ellie's space~*~

    After two miscarriages and a year of TTC, we were blessed with a BFP in late December, 2010.

    This pregnancy was fairly uneventful, save for a couple episodes of spotting and passing out at work around 13 weeks!

    Since DD1 had arrived before her due date, my doctor kept assuring me I'd NEVER make it to my due date. So when August draws to a close with no baby to show for it, I begin to get impatient!

    My due date also passes with no signs of labor.

    At 40w4d, I had an appointment scheduled for the afternoon.

    10am- Slightest bit of pink when I wipe. Hurray! First sign of labor I've had!

    2:30pm- My BH contractions become slightly more noticeable and uncomfortable, though certainly not painful.

    3pm- I am in the waiting room at the doctor, able to time the BH as 8-12 minutes apart. I text DH, who was going to pick up DD from daycare, and tell him he might want to see if my mom was available and just drop DD off there, just in case, but no rush. He knows better, and rushes!

    3:30pm- U/s (BPP). BH still slightly uncomfortable.

    4pm- Pee-in-a-cup (oh, hello bloody show! Shouldn't have worn khakis that day.) and the nurse takes my blood pressure, then puts me in a room by myself for an NST. During the NST, the contractions are 5-8 minutes apart, and big enough that I need to squinch my eyes shut to focus on them. DH shows up during this.

    My doctor walks in to check on me, sees the contractions on the strip, and immediately unhooks the monitors.

    4:30 pm- The doctor checks me, and I am at 6cm with bulging waters. Doctor says if she breaks my water then, she'll be catching a baby there in her office! She calls over to L&D and tells them to prepare a room for me, and she'll meet me over there after seeing a couple more patients and doing some paperwork.

    4:55pm- I arrive at L&D. Contractions 3 minutes apart.

    5:25pm- I get nauseous and start heaving during contractions. On one particular heave, my water breaks (all across the room!). DH hollers for nurse. Nurse pages doctor. Doctor drops what she's doing, throws on scrubs, and comes over to L&D.

    5:39pm- I push twice, and Eleanor Riley is born!
    Birth: 7lbs 13oz, 20 3/4" long
    2 days: 7lbs 6oz
    5 days: 7lbs 11oz
    14 days: 8lbs 6oz

    6w5d: Baby starts daycare. Momma pumps milk to send with her.

    10w: 12lbs 7oz (75%), 23 3/4" long (75%)
    Someone turned on the drool at 2 months!

    4 months: 14lbs 14.5oz (75%), 25" (75%), ?16"?head (50%)
    Rolling from front to back (showed off for the pediatrician with this one), attempting to roll from back to front but unable to get over the arm, smiling and cooing and screeching and laughing, very happy, sociable baby overall! Sleeping through most nights. Sometimes wakes up at about 3:30am to eat, but falls back asleep afterward.

    6 months: 16lbs 13oz (75%), 25 3/4" long (50%), ?head (50%)
    Solidly into 6-9 month/9 month clothing. Able to roll either way but doesn't do it often. Has been sitting independently for about a month, still very happy, this week is beginning to babble (strings of sounds, like "bababa" and "hadadada"), pushes self up when on belly- not quite to a 4 point stance but pretty close. Sleeping about the same as 4 months. Swaddling helps a lot! Still breastfeeding when I'm home and taking bottles of pumped breastmilk when I'm at work. Attempted solids a few times in the last couple weeks but doesn't seem quite interested yet (would rather chew on the spoon than eat what's on it!)- will keep trying every so often. No hurry! Takes a pacifier, but also finds her thumb or fingers from time to time.

    7 months:
    Lots of chattering. Even uses inflection at times. Starting to show more interest in foods. Though we are introducing everything at home first, daycare gets permission and gives first serving of rice cereal at 7m10d. Moving all over the place, but not crawling. Scooting in circles, reaching, rolling, and pushing from sitting to laying and back to sitting. Just started clapping. Loves peek-a-boo. Favorite things to play with: Wipes box. Laundry basket. FP activity table (best $1 I ever spent, four years ago!). Paper. Big sister.

    7 1/2 months:
    Crawling! Pulling up to a stand.

    8 months:
    Starts fruits/veggies at daycare. First and second bouts of pinkeye and an ear infection. Climbing up stairs.

    9 months: 19lbs 1 3/4 oz (50%), 28" (75%), ?head (50%) (can never remember the head numbers!)
    Cruising along furniture. Perfecting the art of getting into everything! Crawling over/around/under everything. Starting to get a little tentative around adults other than Mom and Dad. Loves Daddy but sometimes prefers Mommy. Loves seeing other kids, especially babies. Starting to wave. Loves dancing and music. No teeth yet, but one tooth threatening to pop through (upper left center). Doing a little better with solids/chewing but not proficient yet. Favorite foods: peas, yogurt, peaches, pears. Least favorite: green beans! Gets a wound on her bottom that turns into MRSA.

    Teeth update: First one pops through! Upper left center tooth at about 9 1/2 months. Within a week or two, the two bottom center teeth also pop through. This girl is biting down on everything!
    Last edited by indianajones; 06-30-2012 at 03:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions