~November Nestlings EDD/Gender List, Arrivals, & Birth Stories~ - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 33 of 33

Thread: ~November Nestlings EDD/Gender List, Arrivals, & Birth Stories~

  1. #31
    Posting Addict Jenn0113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    In the heat and humidity


    Here is my story...better late than never...
    Sunday Morning, Nov 9th, 6:00 am – A big contraction woke me up. I went to the bathroom and had lost more mucous plug and had my bloody show. I showered and got dressed in hopes of going to the hospital soon. My contractions were regular, every 5 minutes, but not very strong. I could talk through them and walk around. They would tend to come and go all day and when I called the dr he said I needed to wait until they were 5 minutes apart for over an hour and strong enough to keep me from walking or talking. That never happened and I was just uncomfortable all day.

    Monday Morning, Nov 10th, 2:12 am – Another big contraction woke me up. I was still losing my plug and bleeding so I was hoping the contractions would increase. Sure enough they did and by 3am I was waking Justin up to go to the hospital. We didn’t call our family and tell them because we wanted to make sure it wasn’t false labor. I got to L&D and was sent to triage. They kept me on the monitor for 4-5 hours but eventually sent me home. I was 2cm and contracting but my contractions were irregular. I would have them one after another but they weren’t strong enough to dilate me, and then all of the sudden a huge one would come and keep me from talking or moving. I was told to go home and get some sleep and take a hot bath.

    I got home and took two Tylenol PM and tried to sleep. Within 2 hours I was up and in lots of pain. The contractions were 10-20 minutes apart and really bad. I took a hot bath and then got back in bed. Nothing would relieve the pain. I dozed on and off between contractions and decided to take another bath. I called the nurse and asked her to talk to the dr for me. I didn’t want to be in this kind of labor for days on end. I told her I would take a csection if I had to (kidding of course). She said that he told her he would have admitted me and broke my water while I was in L&D this morning but he knew I wanted to go natural so he sent me home. I hung up with them and felt so beat down. The pain would be easier to tolerate in the tub but I hated being in there so I got out and got back in bed. I played some music and tried to sleep through it. I got up again and decided a hot shower would help me relax before trying to go to sleep for the night. Justin had called my mom and asked her to bring over dinner. I wanted to eat before lying down. I was having more contractions on a regular basis but I knew if I went in they wouldn’t let me stay unless I was at least a 4. My mom got here with the food and before I could even open the container I had a huge contraction hit that sent me to my hands and knees on the ground. I had Justin call the dr right away and tell him I had to have some relief. He described to the dr my contractions and how I was on hands and knees on the floor crying and he said it sounded like labor to him. So he wanted me to go to triage, get checked out and he would meet me up there to break my water. So that’s what we did. When I got there I was 3-4 cm so they put me in a room. At this point it had already been 38 hours since the contractions and I was ready for a little mental and physical rest. I asked for the epidural. The guy came in and administered it and waited for it to take effect. It never worked. They would ask “do you feel warmth in your legs? Numbness? anything different?” I was getting so frustrated because I knew it wasn’t working and they kept asking. They even gave me another big shot of pain meds and I couldn’t feel that either. I felt every contraction and they were getting harder, more regular and lasting longer. The dr finally came back and removed my epidural and gave me another one. Almost instantly I felt it kick in and numb me. The nurse put in the catheter and the OB came in and broke my water. This entire time my mom, granny, in laws, brother and nephew were there. Then my other brother and sister in law showed up. Everyone hung out until about 1am. Everyone except my mom and granny left. Justin and I tried to get some sleep but that never happened, I was way too excited to sleep.

    Tuesday Morning, Nov 11, Midnight - The nurse came in at midnight and I was 5 cm so she gave me a little dose of pitocin to help regulate my contractions. It was all just a waiting game. She kept checking me and at one point I was 7.5 cm, then 20 minutes later I was a 9. I was so excited that I had progressed that fast. We all just figured I would be pushing any second! Then all of the sudden I felt pressure down there and called the nurse to check me. I was still a 9. I was disappointed but figured it would still be soon so I dealt with the pressure. The pressure increased to the point where I couldn’t stand it, but ever time she checked me I was still at a 9. She would try to stretch me to a 10 but it never worked. At some point I asked my family to stay out of my room the rest of the time until he was born. I was really bothered by the pressure and having people watch you bear through it made it worse. My ob came in to check me and I was still a 9. He said he would let me push a little and see if we could get my cervix to stretch to a 10. Besides the stalling at 9, the baby’s was sunny side up and he wanted to try to flip him over. I pushed for a little while as the dr flipped Deacon over. Every time I stopped pushing my cervix would tighten up again around his head and make me start over. I was getting so discouraged because the pressure was no longer just pressure, it was painful and I felt like I had to push and couldn’t control it. The OB gave me two options 1. Throw in the towel and have a csection or 2. Give it another our and see if I dilate. I decided to wait it out even though I was crying through every contraction and losing my temper. After 50 minutes I was yelling for the nurse to check me. I told her that if I was still a 9 to take me directly to the operating room because I was passed done! Ugh, still a 9. She called the dr and they set up the OR. They rolled me down the hall and within no time I was getting more drugs and being cut open. I was so loopy from the meds that my eyes couldn’t focus and I had no idea what anyone was saying or what I was saying back to them. I remember feeling the incision and the tugging and then I just heard Deacon crying and crying. They has Justin come over to the warmer and see him and they were all taking pictures and doing footprints and I just laid on the table thinking “I can’t see him, this is not how its supposed to be, I can’t see anything”. And I was so sleepy that I didn’t care to see him right away, I just needed to sleep (hence my eyes being closed in the picture, the picture I don’t remember taking).

    Anyhow, Justin took Deacon back to my room and my family got to meet him. The nurses wouldn’t let anyone hold him until I got to the room and held him first, I thought that was awesome. Just told me about it later because I had assumed they had all passed him around by then. I got to breastfeed him right away when I got to the room but I can’t remember what that was like. Justin told me it didn’t work. The nurse opened up my shirt and put my naked little baby on my chest, that was the best moment I had had all day. He just looked up at me and stared.

    I think its safe to say that my birth story is the exact opposite of what I had hoped and planned for but it is exactly what I needed. I don’t regret the meds or the csection for one second. I never knew my little boy’s head would be too big to fit through the cervix and I never knew I wouldn’t dilate past 9, so I can honestly say that all these unforeseen events didn’t make me have a bad birth, just an unplanned experience.

    Jenn & Jus 1.13.06
    Deacon: 11.11.08
    Kara: 12.27.11

  2. #32
    Prolific Poster asteuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008


    Alyssa Jo
    8lbs 3ozs

    I was scheduled to be induced on sat. morning at 9am. We arrived at the hospital and they brought us up to our room and my nurse did all the paperwork. (the hospital is in the process of going paperless so they were all still learning all the computer stuff, so that took quite a while!) At 10:30 my dr came in checked me (i was 5-6cm, was 4cm at my appt on thurs) and broke my water and we waited about an hour or so to see if anything would start on its own. so dh and i walked a bit. i had a couple contractions but nothing too terrible. so at 12:00 they started the pitocin. it didnt take long for that to kick in and start feeling contractions!! After about an hour i was wanting an epidural! so i got that at 1:30. i tried to get a little rest but i got the shakes so bad that it was hard to relax! dr came back at 4:00 and i was fully dialated so i started some pushing with the nurse. dr came in every once in a while to check how that was going. after 2 hours of pushing (i was getting pretty exhausted!) she asked how much longer i thought i could go before she should think about either the vacuum or forceps. i told her i'd go for another 1/2 hour. she thought that was resonable. so after that she came in and pretty much knew she was gonna have to use the vacuum. through all the checks she was pretty sure that Alyssa was facing down. well after the 3 HOURS of pushing and using the vacuum to get her out, she wasn't! she came out sunny side up! dr said that was the reason she wasnt coming down enough.

    Dh was so incredible through the whole thing!! and he is so completely in love with his little girl!! my heart melts just watching the two of them!!

    breastfeeding is going pretty well. we go back on monday for her checkup and also a check with the lactation consultants. which will make me feel a little better that hopefully shes getting enough.
    we had a bit of a rough night the last night in the hospital. she just cried and cried! and so did i!! it just broke my heart!! we ended up giving her some formula and that seemed to help her!

    heres a few pics!

    Daddy's little girl!!

    Sleepin on momma!
    Amy & Jason
    Alyssa 11.8.08
    Lauren 3.18.11

    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

  3. #33
    Mega Poster 3inpink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Jamesburg, NJ


    November 22, 2008

    We have another beautiful daughter! It was a long day but she's here. I got to the hospital at 7:30 this morning and by the time I was checked and monitored it was around 8:30 when I was admitted. I was nervous this time, really, really nervous.

    There was a lot of things to worry about this time around, I knew what I was doing going into delivery and I knew what to expect, that changes the experience. I was worried about Emma and Kailee, and I hated the thought of being away from them for so long. I was worried about how they were behaving and if they were going to get through me not being around for four days, all of this was on my mind as I waited.

    As the time passed, one of the doctors who was going to assist with my c-section came to tell me that there was an emergency surgery and that I wouldn't be going in any time soon, I'd be waiting a couple of more hours. It was 9:30 at the time. DH decided to go out to the waiting room and let everyone know. My Dad and his SO decided to take the girls home for a while, and they willingly went. Now I was just worried that they wouldn't get back in time.

    In the meantime I tried to rest but that was not an easy thing to do. Finally it was my turn. I actually walked into the emergency room. That was so strange, it was so cold in there, but after being in recovery for so long with the heat blasting it felt so good. Now it was the dreaded epidural time, again like the previous two times it took long and they had a hard time getting the catheter in place, they had to stick me twice.

    Once it was in place it happened quickly, I felt like I couldn't breathe and started to freak out, I was obsessed with throwing up and made sure that I had my cocktail (a mixture of three different anti-nausea medications) which Dr. promised me and told me that she suffers during surgery the same way and this is the only combination that worked for her.

    I still couldn't breathe and was really freaking out. Dr. told me she understood and was talking me through it, I just wanted Lou. They allowed him to come in and he was rubbing my forehead, which was good cause it gave me something to concentrate on, as well as trying to regulate my breathing by concentrating on the air in my nose. I kept saying that I wanted to be done and that I wanted to go to sleep. I think I started to dose off a little cause I was finally calm, then all of a sudden there was relief, massive relief, and our daughter was born! I couldn't wait to see her, and hear her cry, which Dr. Sklar told me to give it a minute cause the cord was wrapped around her neck and around her body between her legs. Finally she cried, she sounded like a squawky bird!

    Lou got up to see her and said she was beautiful and looked a lot like Emma. He cut the cord and then came back to sit with me again. He got to hold her and bring her to me so I could see her and kiss her. I was so relieved, Dr. then asked me if I was having any more babies and I said no, close me and be done! She laughed and told her associate that, that was not the case and that she knows me so well, and I had asked her just that week if I could have more children!

    Needless to say, she knows me very well. She told Lou that he could go with Gabrielle and tell our family that she was born, but once he left he couldn't come back in, and he hesitated. I told him it was okay, and Dr. told him to go also, that she was going to take care of me, and that it was going to be a while to close, because I had a lot of scar tissue and she planned on cleaning it up so that when I have another baby she won't have to suffer! She was taking her time to make her job easier the next time around! I love her!

    No one knew that we finally picked a name which hadn't happened until right before I went into surgery. I didn't want Lou to tell anyone because I wanted to do it in person with Gabrielle, and I wanted my sister to be first to hear it and hold her, but it didn't work out that way. Gabrielle wasn't ready to be seen for a while, so I just shared her name. Her full name is Gabrielle Michelle, using my sister's name as her middle name and her being the godmother.

    She weighed 8 pounds, 9 ounces, and was 20.5 inches long, she was born at 12:54 pm.

    We are in love! I kept her with me in the hospital all day and night despite attempts from the nurses to take her to the nursery. She is nursing like a champ, and did loose some weight (down to 7 pounds 11 ounces).

    The girls are in love also. Emma REFUSED to leave the hospital before seeing her and me, she was a trooper and stayed at the hospital until after 8:00. I was so loopy from my medication and was throwing up off and on for several hours but nothing as bad as my previous surgeries.

    On Sunday, I was up and in a chair before lunch, by the evening my catheter was removed and after two assisted trips to the bathroom, I was on my own. By Monday morning I was walking around the halls. I was determined to have a better recovery this time. I have my older girls to go home to!

    I was released on Tuesday, which was Lou's bday, we went to my sister's house for dinner and cake, and then Lou, Emma & I came home. I am so happy to say that despite some family hiccups, our plans were well executed and as requested, Emma missed no school! She is such a trooper, and is going with the flow like she always does. She is an incredible help, and as Dr. Sklar said in surgery, to Gabrielle, you are going to have three mommy's! She indeed does!
    Lori 30, DH 32, Emma 7, Kailee 6, 12/06,
    Gabrielle Michelle 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions