1st appt

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joined: 02/14/07
Posts: 108
1st appt

ok so I went for my first appt today. I was nervous but everything was great. Great heartbeat great US (baby waved) BUT they found a lump in my breast. I just don't know what to think now.....I have to go for a breast US & then to a breast specialist. I was not very nervous when they told me but as time is passing I am gettting very worried.

Joined: 05/15/08
Posts: 413

Yay for a great u/s!

I hope the lump turns out to be nothing! KUP and try to relax. ((hugs))

CrysRee31's picture
Joined: 06/01/11
Posts: 1473

Yay for baby waving Smile Boo for the lump, hope it's nothing!

pico83's picture
Joined: 09/06/06
Posts: 3013

:lurk:
I'm glad the u/s went well. Try not to worry too much about the lump. It's not uncommon to get cysts (which feel like hard, round balls). I've had to have breast u/s for a few. I hope it turns out to be something like that. Good luck!

Joined: 05/15/08
Posts: 413

"pico83" wrote:

:lurk:
I'm glad the u/s went well. Try not to worry too much about the lump. It's not uncommon to get cysts (which feel like hard, round balls). I've had to have breast u/s for a few. I hope it turns out to be something like that. Good luck!

You're right. My mother had one of those.

Joined: 08/24/05
Posts: 316

I've had a lump since I was 14. First doctor said it was a pimple that hadn't surfaced :eyeroll:, multiple drs after that said cyst, the latest diagnosis (per a breast surgeon) is a fibroadenoma which is a benign tumor. Fibroadenoma - breast - PubMed Health

I'm not a specialist but I'm not entirely convinced that mine is such because all the info on them says it's easily moved and mine is FIRMLY attached to the skin but I keep having repeat u/s's on the area and they keep saying the same thing so Idk.

I'm hoping it's something minor for you!!

Joined: 02/14/07
Posts: 108

Well, I went for an U/S Wed & they then sent me for a biopsy today. At the biopsy the burse said "I would hardly call this a mass" & one Dr & three nurses all agreed it was most likely nothing by the looks of it. I find out for sure this coming Wed.

"DBassett" wrote:

I've had a lump since I was 14. First doctor said it was a pimple that hadn't surfaced :eyeroll:, multiple drs after that said cyst, the latest diagnosis (per a breast surgeon) is a fibroadenoma which is a benign tumor. Fibroadenoma - breast - PubMed Health

I'm not a specialist but I'm not entirely convinced that mine is such because all the info on them says it's easily moved and mine is FIRMLY attached to the skin but I keep having repeat u/s's on the area and they keep saying the same thing so Idk.

I'm hoping it's something minor for you!!

Is there a reason they never biopsy the lump in question? If your Dr sends you for a biopsy ever I would like you to know the procedure is nothing to fear.I was of course very nervous about the procedure & I swear it did not hurt at all (even with sore pregnancy boobs), they said the lynicaine (sorry for spelling) would burn but it was a tiny (and I really mean tiny pinch for about 10 seconds) & then nothing. The did say some people get bruised but I still feel fine. I hope your is nothing &your right it sounds like a cycst or maybe it is just part of your tissue.

Joined: 08/24/05
Posts: 316

They haven't biopsied it because, IMO, doctors in PA are lazy and don't take anything seriously. What's bad is that my doctors are all part of what's considered the best healthcare system in this area.

They did offer me a biopsy last time but she said it wasn't necessary. I have an appt again in October so perhaps I'll just tell her to do it anyway. It always struck me as odd that they never insisted on biopsying it b/c that seems like the only conclusive way to know what is. It just feels like they're watching it every few months now, just in case they were wrong.

Joined: 05/15/08
Posts: 413

"DBassett" wrote:

They haven't biopsied it because, IMO, doctors in PA are lazy and don't take anything seriously. What's bad is that my doctors are all part of what's considered the best healthcare system in this area.

They did offer me a biopsy last time but she said it wasn't necessary. I have an appt again in October so perhaps I'll just tell her to do it anyway. It always struck me as odd that they never insisted on biopsying it b/c that seems like the only conclusive way to know what is. It just feels like they're watching it every few months now, just in case they were wrong.

My guess is that it's the money. There's more money in it to have you come in to be prodded every few months than there is for them to do a one time biopsy on something that is probably benign.

Joined: 08/24/05
Posts: 316

I would think that since mine has grown a lot and because my cousin has breast cancer that they'd be more concerned but they just keep saying it's benign and telling me "we'll watch it". It probably is the money. The medical industry is pretty disgusting sometimes.