Thanks Suzie for updating everyone! Love ya BB!
I'll give you the quick and dirty of everything
Friday night went into LD for contractions 3am, ended up leaving at 8am with no more change to cervix but regular contractions. Told to come back with any change of anything.
I was miserable all wknd with debilitating nausea where I was either in bed or on the sofa until my high risk doc appt yesterday morning at 10. My sister met me at the hospital 45 min away where his office was. During the u/s I thought I was going to puke. I have pheneragan, but it hadn't worked all wknd. My high risk doc came in and said I didn't look good and the fluid was low, esp compared to what it had been. His feeling was btwn my bp, contractions, nausea, and now low fluid (7) his recommendation was delivery and was calling my doc to set it up for that day. He told us to head to the hospital close to our house (YAY!) so I could be with my doc. He said he thought Emily would do great and not need anything and he just felt things would be better to get her out now for both of us.
My sis and I called family and my mom agreed to meet us at the hospital since DH was more then an hour away and would need to stop and get our bags too. My sis was going to take Gracie and her son to my house for them to nap and would bring them in later after baby was here.
Got to hospital, they sent us right to LD and gave me a room, told me to get in the gown and come out. While I was changing the nurse manager came in and told my mom and I the OR was all ready as they had been alerted an hour ago by the high risk doc and things would be moving quickly bc ppl had been bumped for me. I called DH and he said he was shaving and would be there soon. I told him I hadn't even showered and so he needed to put the razor down and get his a$$ in! My reg ob came in, said today was the day and he would be in soon to answer any questions for me.
10/15 min later he comes in and says he wants to see if my membranes have ruptured before doing the c-section. I was confused and he said since I was 36 and 1 I was still 'pre-term' and that if my membranes weren't ruptured he wanted to see where I was on Monday when I was 37 and 'full term' then decide. If it was still low he would do it then. If the fluid was at a 5 or my membranes were ruptured he would deliver today. Talk about a let down, not to mention he was going against my high risk doc...who I would think would trump him? He said basically since he was doing the surgery he had to be confident in risk v reward.
In the end my water was not broken (duh) and since my fluid was measured at a 7 (not 5) he decided to wait a week. Now I go back tomorrow to see my reg ob to be checked on, Monday at 1pm for another fluid chk, and we will know more then.
I'm frustrated because of how awful I feel and how worked up they got my family and I with the rush c-section. I'm also angry bc I'm scared that something could happen with fluid in a wk...obviously my high risk doc wouldn't just willy-nilly deliver me at 36 wks.
I'm hopeful everything will be fine by waiting, just nervous.
Thanks for the support and thoughts girls It was a long, rough day yesterday!