Early gender scans! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Early gender scans!

  1. #11
    Posting Addict Heatherbella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    14,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blondiess4u View Post
    I can't imagine how amazing it will be to have DH announce what we had. That's what is keeping me team green.
    I'm thinking that too. Last time DD was born by c-section and she was over on the table where they were wiping her off and checking her hips (she was Frank Breech and they have hip problems sometimes) when I said "Is it still a girl?". Everyone is like "oh, ya!". Like DOH! Don't even tell me! DH was over there too! Anyways, total let-down. :P
    Heather, 37

    Kennedy - b. 01.26.10 after 15 cycles of TTC
    Marshall - b. 06.17.13 after 3 cycles of TTC



  2. #12
    Prolific Poster blondiess4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heatherbella View Post
    I'm thinking that too. Last time DD was born by c-section and she was over on the table where they were wiping her off and checking her hips (she was Frank Breech and they have hip problems sometimes) when I said "Is it still a girl?". Everyone is like "oh, ya!". Like DOH! Don't even tell me! DH was over there too! Anyways, total let-down. :P
    ya, people don't realize how important it is to a woman. Maybe that's why I want to try something different because I felt kinda let down too!
    We went for our early gender scan and we thought it was a girl because it felt like a totally different pregnancy then with DS1. DH was so sick (flu) so we find out it's a boy. We were happy but shocked and DH was about to barf.lol. We had been planning this for weeks and we were going to go out to dinner afterwards to celebrate but he didn't feel good so we just went home. Bummer!
    Samantha


    DS1-5/17/08 6lbs 6oz
    DS2-9/16/11 6lbs 9oz
    DD-5/24/13 7lbs 15oz

    CafeMom Tickers

  3. #13
    Posting Addict ILoveMyMiniMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    44,759

    Default

    I've been telling DH that I feel it's a boy.. just a gut feeling.. but I'm scared he'll be let down if it's not, now. I asked him if he is ok with a girl and he said of course he absolutely was! BUT I've quit saying how I feel.. just in case.
    Adriana --> <-- DH, Markus
    Liliana Nicole ~ 05.13.03
    Sam ~ 10.31.09
    Bram Alexander ~ 04.10.13

     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker




  4. #14
    Prolific Poster blondiess4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMyMiniMe View Post
    I've been telling DH that I feel it's a boy.. just a gut feeling.. but I'm scared he'll be let down if it's not, now. I asked him if he is ok with a girl and he said of course he absolutely was! BUT I've quit saying how I feel.. just in case.
    Ya, you just never know! Can't wait to see if you're right!
    Samantha


    DS1-5/17/08 6lbs 6oz
    DS2-9/16/11 6lbs 9oz
    DD-5/24/13 7lbs 15oz

    CafeMom Tickers

  5. #15
    Posting Addict tori729's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South of the Mason Dixon Line
    Posts
    10,603

    Default

    Lurker here but I am comforted that at least a couple of you are waiting until birth like me. This will be the first time for me and I'm a little nervous about waiting but am convinced that's what I want to do. And DH is on board w/ whatever I want! I think I'm the only one on the April board not finding out...
    Also, just curious, but how are women finding out genders earlier? I have a friend who found out at 16 weeks and apparently there is no special machine or anything. I remember going in at 18 weeks with my first and them saying they couldn't be sure (they thought boy) and that I needed to come back so I had to wait until 22 weeks to find out for sure!

    I think a 3D/4D would be awesome for one of my pregnancies but I feel like if we are having a surprise we can't really do one this time for fear of seeing something on the scan.
    VICKI & Tim 6/17/06
    DS Micaiah 2/14/08
    DD Noel 3/3/10
    DS Judah 4/10/13




  6. #16
    Prolific Poster blondiess4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tori729 View Post
    Lurker here but I am comforted that at least a couple of you are waiting until birth like me. This will be the first time for me and I'm a little nervous about waiting but am convinced that's what I want to do. And DH is on board w/ whatever I want! I think I'm the only one on the April board not finding out...
    Also, just curious, but how are women finding out genders earlier? I have a friend who found out at 16 weeks and apparently there is no special machine or anything. I remember going in at 18 weeks with my first and them saying they couldn't be sure (they thought boy) and that I needed to come back so I had to wait until 22 weeks to find out for sure!

    I think a 3D/4D would be awesome for one of my pregnancies but I feel like if we are having a surprise we can't really do one this time for fear of seeing something on the scan.
    I have noticed there arn't many around not finding out the gender. This is our first time too not finding out. I think it will be worth it in the end though.
    I have always done the 3D/4D scans with both my boys, but probably wont this time since it is more likely that you will see something. So if you really don't want to know, I wouldn't risk it! I guess when the do the 20 week scan they turn off the monitor while they scan around that area.
    Samantha


    DS1-5/17/08 6lbs 6oz
    DS2-9/16/11 6lbs 9oz
    DD-5/24/13 7lbs 15oz

    CafeMom Tickers

  7. #17
    Posting Addict Heatherbella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    14,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMyMiniMe View Post
    I've been telling DH that I feel it's a boy.. just a gut feeling.. but I'm scared he'll be let down if it's not, now. I asked him if he is ok with a girl and he said of course he absolutely was! BUT I've quit saying how I feel.. just in case.
    LOL, so funny. I thought DD was a boy too...but I think that's mainly because I wanted a girl and wanted to be wrong. LOL. I always wanted 1 daughter...so now that I have her, I'm happy with whatever comes next. I'm sure DH would love a boy as he has 2 biological daughters and a step daughter already!


    Quote Originally Posted by tori729 View Post
    Lurker here but I am comforted that at least a couple of you are waiting until birth like me. This will be the first time for me and I'm a little nervous about waiting but am convinced that's what I want to do. And DH is on board w/ whatever I want! I think I'm the only one on the April board not finding out...
    Also, just curious, but how are women finding out genders earlier? I have a friend who found out at 16 weeks and apparently there is no special machine or anything. I remember going in at 18 weeks with my first and them saying they couldn't be sure (they thought boy) and that I needed to come back so I had to wait until 22 weeks to find out for sure!
    I'm not finding out either Vicki! It's going to be funnnnnnn! DH already did it with DSD so it's not new to him...but I'm excited to find out the day of. As for finding out the gender early, we had the CVS with K and found out at 13.5 weeks...to 100% accuracy. I don't know how the machines work for that though.
    Heather, 37

    Kennedy - b. 01.26.10 after 15 cycles of TTC
    Marshall - b. 06.17.13 after 3 cycles of TTC



  8. #18
    Posting Addict marymoonu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    13,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tori729 View Post
    Also, just curious, but how are women finding out genders earlier? I have a friend who found out at 16 weeks and apparently there is no special machine or anything. I remember going in at 18 weeks with my first and them saying they couldn't be sure (they thought boy) and that I needed to come back so I had to wait until 22 weeks to find out for sure!
    I think it's all in the machine. In my OB's office, they have two u/s machines... Same technology, but one is substantially newer and better. The images are much higher resolution.

    As an example, these two images of my DS2 were taken within the same week (I spent a lot of time in the office due to bleeding). The first was with the older machine, and the second was with the new machine.





    You can see the huge difference in the amount of detail. The newer machines also have 3D capability which makes the image a LOT clearer.

    Sean Thomas - 6/30/09 @ 7:17pm 8lb 8oz, 19", 40w5d
    Calvin Michael - 2/28/11 @ 7:39pm 6lb 8oz, 18", 37w5d
    Nolan Matthew - 5/1/13 @ 11:54pm 6lb 4oz, 19", 38w4d

    May 26, 2010 - 7w1d

  9. #19
    Posting Addict Heatherbella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    14,373

    Default

    Wow, what a difference. I know the one I had for my 7w u/s this time SUCKED...but my 20w one with DD was much clearer!
    Heather, 37

    Kennedy - b. 01.26.10 after 15 cycles of TTC
    Marshall - b. 06.17.13 after 3 cycles of TTC



  10. #20
    Posting Addict tori729's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South of the Mason Dixon Line
    Posts
    10,603

    Default

    Wow that is a big difference. I think I've just always had mine done with the junky ones lol.
    VICKI & Tim 6/17/06
    DS Micaiah 2/14/08
    DD Noel 3/3/10
    DS Judah 4/10/13




+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions