Infant gowns

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
nidia's picture
Joined: 06/08/07
Posts: 1812
Infant gowns

Do any of you have these already? I haven't gotten any from any baby shower so I am going to buy some. I loved them with Noah!

I really love these: Amazon.com: Soy Soft Kimono Bundler - 0-3m Chocolate: Baby

To me, a little pricey for only one.. but I may have to just buy them. With Noah I had something like these:

Amazon.com: 3-Pack Rib Knit Infant Gowns, Blue, 0-6 months [Apparel]: Baby

Heatherbella's picture
Joined: 02/14/05
Posts: 4169

We have some of those from when DD was wee. They are so cute. If we have a girl I'll probably use them again...otherwise we'll have to get more. DD was born in January and this will be June so I'm thinking baby will be sleeping in less clothes than DD was. Perhaps a diaper and a swaddle blanket? Maybe a onesie? We do have a/c so it won't be THAT hot in our room.

blondiess4u's picture
Joined: 11/08/07
Posts: 1450

I have some from my DS's. They came in handy but I do find it hard to get gowns over the heads and arms in the long sleeves. I think I am just going to use onesies this time since it will be warm and use a swaddler.

nidia's picture
Joined: 06/08/07
Posts: 1812

"blondiess4u" wrote:

I have some from my DS's. They came in handy but I do find it hard to get gowns over the heads and arms in the long sleeves. I think I am just going to use onesies this time since it will be warm and use a swaddler.

Yes, that's why I like the kimono style ones! I figure they would be easier Smile

Noah was born in July and I still dressed him pretty warm bc he was 5 lb 6.5 oz and when we left the hospital he weighed exactly 5 lb. It was hard for him to regulate his own body heat and I think Lucas will be bigger but still not a huge baby.

Maddz's picture
Joined: 08/17/07
Posts: 1759

Those are cute.. With DS1 the gowns I had didn't open at the bottom. I think it's great that these do!

2luvs's picture
Joined: 09/10/10
Posts: 118

I used these with DD and LOVED them!! I have bought a few for this baby, but also worried about them being a little too warm.. We'll see though! Nidia, I love the idea of the snap! I might have to get a couple and try them out

Pixacious's picture
Joined: 11/13/08
Posts: 650

We used Halo swaddle sleepsacks with DS. they zip from top to bottom so you don't have to mess with the baby's top half during changes. It also serves as a swaddler so that's a bonus. I will get some pink ones this time from the Children's hospital. They sell them at cost which ends up being half of what BRUS charges Biggrin

blondiess4u's picture
Joined: 11/08/07
Posts: 1450

"Pixacious" wrote:

We used Halo swaddle sleepsacks with DS. they zip from top to bottom so you don't have to mess with the baby's top half during changes. It also serves as a swaddler so that's a bonus. I will get some pink ones this time from the Children's hospital. They sell them at cost which ends up being half of what BRUS charges Biggrin

When my DS2 was born they used Halo sleep sacks in the hospital instead of blankets and they were the really nice fleece ones so I took one everytime they changed him because they just threw them in the laundry.

Pixacious's picture
Joined: 11/13/08
Posts: 650

"blondiess4u" wrote:

When my DS2 was born they used Halo sleep sacks in the hospital instead of blankets and they were the really nice fleece ones so I took one everytime they changed him because they just threw them in the laundry.

Yeah, they reuse them in our Nicu. We did end up with one on accident but really they sent us home with half the hospital I think. Lol they have both the fleece and the thinner ones. I guess I will get the thinner ones this time since it is warmer.

nidia's picture
Joined: 06/08/07
Posts: 1812

"blondiess4u" wrote:

When my DS2 was born they used Halo sleep sacks in the hospital instead of blankets and they were the really nice fleece ones so I took one everytime they changed him because they just threw them in the laundry.

Wow, really? I wish they used these at our hospital! That would be awesome. I probably would take a couple home too haha.