Pretty sure I'll never feel well again
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Pretty sure I'll never feel well again

  1. #1
    Posting Addict marymoonu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    13,650

    Thumbs down Pretty sure I'll never feel well again

    Ugh... So bogged down by m/s, that I feel like there's no end in sight. No light at the end of the tunnel. I hate, hate, hate nausea so freaking much. I feel like I am pretty much worthless around here. My kids were trying to play and cuddle with me earlier, and I just got crabby and went to bed because I feel so horrible. *Sigh* I don't know what to do... Zofran helps, but my doctor gave me a relatively small supply of it, so I'm just trying to stretch it until my appointment. Blech...

    Sean Thomas - 6/30/09 @ 7:17pm 8lb 8oz, 19", 40w5d
    Calvin Michael - 2/28/11 @ 7:39pm 6lb 8oz, 18", 37w5d
    Nolan Matthew - 5/1/13 @ 11:54pm 6lb 4oz, 19", 38w4d

    May 26, 2010 - 7w1d

  2. #2
    Prolific Poster blondiess4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Your are not alone! m/s hit me hard today! I feel the exact same way! It is consuming my life. It's almost to much work just to shove the right foods in my mouth to make me feel better, expecially taking care of the LO's. Nothing seems to feel better and I just can't wait until it's over which feels like eternity! Wish we could just go to bed and not wake up until it's over!
    Big hug!
    Samantha


    DS1-5/17/08 6lbs 6oz
    DS2-9/16/11 6lbs 9oz
    DD-5/24/13 7lbs 15oz

    CafeMom Tickers

  3. #3
    Posting Addict ILoveMyMiniMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    44,759

    Default

    I'm so with you ladies! I'm actually, knock on wood, having more decent days than crappy ones. Just remember it's all for the good of the bean, friends! It may not help you all but it does me to know that these are the "signs" I need to keep knowing things are good!!

    This too shall pass, ladies!
    Adriana --> <-- DH, Markus
    Liliana Nicole ~ 05.13.03
    Sam ~ 10.31.09
    Bram Alexander ~ 04.10.13

     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker




  4. #4
    Posting Addict marymoonu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    13,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blondiess4u View Post
    Your are not alone! m/s hit me hard today! I feel the exact same way! It is consuming my life. It's almost to much work just to shove the right foods in my mouth to make me feel better, expecially taking care of the LO's. Nothing seems to feel better and I just can't wait until it's over which feels like eternity! Wish we could just go to bed and not wake up until it's over!
    Big hug!
    Everything you said, exactly. When I eat, it's just for survival. I feel like I'm struggling to get enough fluid because having fluid sitting in my belly makes me feel worse. I try to sip frequently instead of trying to drink a bunch at once, but I know I'm not getting enough. Ugh.


    Adriana - It does help to know that generally, it's a sign that things are going well. I think I'm a little jaded by the recent m/c of a girl on one of the other pg.org boards I frequent. She had hyperemesis for weeks and no bean ever grew. So I'm a little more hesitant to assume that symptoms mean anything, although I'm sure that the vast majority of the time, this is a good sign. I think I'll feel a MILLION times better after my u/s... Two weeks from Monday. If someone shows me a healthy little bean with a heartbeat wiggling around in there, I think it will be the motivation I need to get through it. Right now, I just try to visualize it, but seeing the real deal will definitely help.
    ILoveMyMiniMe likes this.

    Sean Thomas - 6/30/09 @ 7:17pm 8lb 8oz, 19", 40w5d
    Calvin Michael - 2/28/11 @ 7:39pm 6lb 8oz, 18", 37w5d
    Nolan Matthew - 5/1/13 @ 11:54pm 6lb 4oz, 19", 38w4d

    May 26, 2010 - 7w1d

  5. #5
    Posting Addict marymoonu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    13,650

    Default

    Oh, I forgot to mention that I've been getting extremely dizzy too. It's a little concerning, like it's been to the point that my vision gets blurry. I know those can be signs of low blood sugar, but I've been eating frequently enough, I think. I get really nauseated if I don't eat frequently, so I don't really think it's a blood sugar issue. I don't know. Maybe I'm dehydrated. I have my appointment with the nurse in 4 days, so I'll mention it to her, as it does concern me a bit.. Sometimes I feel really dizzy while driving and that's scary.

    Sean Thomas - 6/30/09 @ 7:17pm 8lb 8oz, 19", 40w5d
    Calvin Michael - 2/28/11 @ 7:39pm 6lb 8oz, 18", 37w5d
    Nolan Matthew - 5/1/13 @ 11:54pm 6lb 4oz, 19", 38w4d

    May 26, 2010 - 7w1d

  6. #6
    Posting Addict ILoveMyMiniMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    44,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marymoonu View Post
    Everything you said, exactly. When I eat, it's just for survival. I feel like I'm struggling to get enough fluid because having fluid sitting in my belly makes me feel worse. I try to sip frequently instead of trying to drink a bunch at once, but I know I'm not getting enough. Ugh.


    Adriana - It does help to know that generally, it's a sign that things are going well. I think I'm a little jaded by the recent m/c of a girl on one of the other pg.org boards I frequent. She had hyperemesis for weeks and no bean ever grew. So I'm a little more hesitant to assume that symptoms mean anything, although I'm sure that the vast majority of the time, this is a good sign. I think I'll feel a MILLION times better after my u/s... Two weeks from Monday. If someone shows me a healthy little bean with a heartbeat wiggling around in there, I think it will be the motivation I need to get through it. Right now, I just try to visualize it, but seeing the real deal will definitely help.
    Well, we're all here to help you get through the next 2 weeks!! I know things are good for you.. I just have a feeling!
    Adriana --> <-- DH, Markus
    Liliana Nicole ~ 05.13.03
    Sam ~ 10.31.09
    Bram Alexander ~ 04.10.13

     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker




  7. #7
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Posts
    1,936

    Default

    Id definitely ask your doc for more Zofran. I'm 13weeks and still taking Zofran every...single...day. BUT I feel better! I don't feel like I have to lay on the couch all day and there are days I can go for about half the day with sign of nausea. What dose does your doc have you on? I can take 2 4mg every 8 hours. I hope you feel better, I remember oh so well my head in the trash can crying because I was so miserable. It will pass!! Your LO is doing some hard work growing in there!
    marymoonu likes this.
    Jessica, Tim and Baby Julie

  8. #8
    Prolific Poster Mom2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ontario, canada
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marymoonu View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention that I've been getting extremely dizzy too. It's a little concerning, like it's been to the point that my vision gets blurry. I know those can be signs of low blood sugar, but I've been eating frequently enough, I think. I get really nauseated if I don't eat frequently, so I don't really think it's a blood sugar issue. I don't know. Maybe I'm dehydrated. I have my appointment with the nurse in 4 days, so I'll mention it to her, as it does concern me a bit.. Sometimes I feel really dizzy while driving and that's scary.
    Just wanted to mention that being dizzy can also be a sign of low iron. Iron is a nutrient that is used in making hemoglobin which transports oxygen in your body. Some people typically have low iron with pregnancy and need to take additional iron supplement. It's another thing you might want to check if you haven't already!
    tori729 likes this.
    Lara~ DS Deondre 14/03/2007


  9. #9
    Prolific Poster Pixacious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,780

    Default

    I am still waiting for the m/s to kick in. 5w3days...I know it is right around the corner and I will say right now I will welcome it because it makes me feel better about the bean. Of course I know as soon as it hits I will be cursing it because I will still have to go to work, lol.

    Oh and dizziness could also be high blood pressure. I would call your doctor if you think it is really severe!
    ~Christine~
    DH-Micheal
    DS-Jack 10/29/09


  10. #10
    Posting Addict marymoonu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    13,650

    Default

    I have 4mg zofran, but the doc only wrote for 10 tablets at a time. I did have two refills, one is sitting at the pharmacy waiting to be picked up and then I still have one more refill to go. I've managed to get by only taking maybe 5 or 6 tablets so far. Yesterday was the first day I needed two though. I'm usually good to take one before work, and I can manage through the rest of the day, but last night, I was laying in bed unable to sleep because I was feeling ill, so I took one then too.

    I think my dizziness is probably from dehydration. I know I'm probably only getting maybe 1/2 - 2/3 of the fluids I should be getting. I try to drink as much as possible, but I just can't stomach it.

    Sean Thomas - 6/30/09 @ 7:17pm 8lb 8oz, 19", 40w5d
    Calvin Michael - 2/28/11 @ 7:39pm 6lb 8oz, 18", 37w5d
    Nolan Matthew - 5/1/13 @ 11:54pm 6lb 4oz, 19", 38w4d

    May 26, 2010 - 7w1d

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions