Today SO and I had our ultrasound at our regular doctor office(10 am). Within a few short minutes the Dr. pointed out that there seemed to be fluid in the chest cavity and he wanted to refer us to a different (high risk) Dr. I immediately began to bawl. We had to wait in the office to see if the high risk Dr could fit us in as they were closing in just and hour (noon). We waited for about 30 minutes and then were sent to see him. They took us to the back at around 12:15 or so. We had an ultrasound and got to new our little boy (Kamdyn Carter). The Dr. came in an took a look with the ultra sound machine and confirmed that Kamdyn has hyrdrops (fluid in the chest and abdomen) and that one of the ventricles are much too small. The fluid is pushing the heart onto the right side of the body. There is a 20-30% that the baby won't make it during this pregnancy and that if the baby does then it will need heart surgery when he comes out. Kamdyn is growing correctly except for these problems. His heart beat was 144 which is right in the normal range. I had an amniocenteses done and we will hopefully know more next week... if not then the following week. I have no idea what the plan is from here and the Dr. said they will come up with a plan as soon as they have a diagnosis.
Please keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers.
I am super busy with the wedding.. after all it's next Saturday! CRAZY.
Everything seems to be coming together nicely.
Today I am taking a break from some wedding stuff.. and I'll be
1) Getting and Ultrasound
2) Cleaning my appt :/
3) Spending time with my lovely fiance
4) Relaxing some
In the evening I'll be getting my makeup done to see how I want it for the wedding, finding a hair accessory, and working on bridal bouquets.
I'm definitely worn out though...