Who's left?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
ILoveMyMiniMe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/11/03
Posts: 2333
Who's left?

I hope this doesn't come out wrong.. :oops:

I love love love our "little" birth board. Biggrin I'm adoring the small talk and getting to know each other on a more personal level.. I don't have to worry about posts or messages or threads getting lost or burried.

So anywho.. Lol

Who has yet to have their first appt?

Anyone NOT seen their bean yet? I think we have 1-2 that won't have a scan until profile week (circa wk 20?)..
Would drive me NuTs! Lol..

blondiess4u's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
Joined: 11/08/07
Posts: 1450

I kinda like out little board too. Most of the boards I was on were big and I couldn't post on everything, now I feel like I can keep up!

I'm one that doesn't get to see my bean until week 20. I got early u/s with both my others so it's hard not to have a beautiful u/s pic of this one. I'm still wondering if there is anything I can do to get one. Like say I'm cramping really bad. Maybe I'll just be honest and ask. I had a m/c in May and it would really be nice to see a healthy bean in there. I also don't feel like I can tell anyone yet because I haven't heard a heartbeat or anything, so I don't want to get a head of myself if something isn't right! I KNEW I should of said I didn't know my LMP and I would of definitely had one early! Darn!

Mom2D's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: 09/24/07
Posts: 87

I've been super busy with work lately so I hadn't even had a chance to call to make an appoint yet but last night I started spotting. I got worried and called and made an appointment for today. She said spotting during the first 10 weeks is normal but just to be sure I have an ultrasound scheduled for Thursday. It wasn't an official 1st visit though, only took about 10minutes. She said usually the first visit is scheduled for around 12 weeks. I think my date might be a bit off though, she calculated by due date to be May 30th. I won't change my ticker till we confirm after the ultrasound though.

Pixacious's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: 11/13/08
Posts: 650

I have had my nurse appt., but my first doctor appt with u/s is on Thursday. I am kind of glad for a small board too. Because of my hours at work, when I get home I don't have much time. So I might not respond as often as others, but I will when I get free time on the weekends. Smile

ILoveMyMiniMe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/11/03
Posts: 2333

"blondiess4u" wrote:

I kinda like out little board too. Most of the boards I was on were big and I couldn't post on everything, now I feel like I can keep up!

I'm one that doesn't get to see my bean until week 20. I got early u/s with both my others so it's hard not to have a beautiful u/s pic of this one. I'm still wondering if there is anything I can do to get one. Like say I'm cramping really bad. Maybe I'll just be honest and ask. I had a m/c in May and it would really be nice to see a healthy bean in there. I also don't feel like I can tell anyone yet because I haven't heard a heartbeat or anything, so I don't want to get a head of myself if something isn't right! I KNEW I should of said I didn't know my LMP and I would of definitely had one early! Darn!

I know there are places that do like 3D and 4D scans.. but they do the B/W 2D scans also. Usually around 50 bucks.. If you want a pic of your bean and your Dr. won't do it, I'd do a search for U/S locations. Smile

blondiess4u's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
Joined: 11/08/07
Posts: 1450

"ILoveMyMiniMe" wrote:

I know there are places that do like 3D and 4D scans.. but they do the B/W 2D scans also. Usually around 50 bucks.. If you want a pic of your bean and your Dr. won't do it, I'd do a search for U/S locations. Smile

I have one I usually go to for a fun 3D u/s around 30 weeks. You have to have a doctors note and you can be seen before 17 weeks. I know they have a Hope Center that will do u/s. maybe I'll have to call and beg!

ILoveMyMiniMe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/11/03
Posts: 2333

I sooo would :oops: To not have a pic of my little bean.. would make me struggle with it setting in that it's really real..

I hope you get to get in and get a small scan! Biggrin

Maddz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 08/17/07
Posts: 1759

I would be going crazy if I didn't get to see my LO already. I was worried after my m/c too. Hopefully you'll get one
In April 08 there were a ton of ladies. and i think even a guy or two sometimes. I am glad this is small but it came as a surprise. I wonder if more people will join much later??? I am sure excited to have the support though... even if i don't get on daily.

nidia's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 06/08/07
Posts: 1812

I feel the same way but I am jealous of all these June BFPs hehe. I guess because the last BB I was in was a big one! But I feel close to all you ladies and I'm glad for our small group too Smile

Samantha, hope you're able to see your little bean soon!!

marymoonu's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 03/15/08
Posts: 2183

I did the elective u/s thing with my DS2. The pregnancy had a rough start, I thought I was m/c'ing for a long time, and I just wanted to bond with the pregnancy more. So I went to a place here that does just u/s, not affiliated with doctors or anything. They'll do early gender scans with money-back guarantee for gender accuracy at 15 weeks. Well, they convinced me that if I went in at 14+2, they'd still get it right, so I went in for a gender scan that early. She said, "It's DEFINITELY a boy" and she was correct. I didn't pay for the 3D thing, but she still switched it over for me just for the fun of it and gave me some 3D pics too. Smile

blondiess4u's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
Joined: 11/08/07
Posts: 1450

"Maddz" wrote:

I would be going crazy if I didn't get to see my LO already. I was worried after my m/c too. Hopefully you'll get one
In April 08 there were a ton of ladies. and i think even a guy or two sometimes. I am glad this is small but it came as a surprise. I wonder if more people will join much later??? I am sure excited to have the support though... even if i don't get on daily.

You were on the April 08 board? I was on the May 08 and i would always read April 08 cause I loved the ladies on there. I think that board is still going strong! lol