weekend chit chat

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
AshnBill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 11/06/06
Posts: 5333
weekend chit chat

We have been pretty quiet lately! What's everybody been up to? What are you doing this weekend?

AshnBill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 11/06/06
Posts: 5333

Today Vivi and I are going to Target when dh gets home from work. I'm going to get the stuff for their Easter baskets.

Tomorrow morning a friend is coming over to meet Vivian.

No plans the rest of the weekend.

SID081108's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 days ago
Joined: 06/03/09
Posts: 1348

I need to work on Layla's birthday party, which is next Saturday! I basically just need to do some shopping for it (decorations and any food that I can buy this far in advance) and clean clean clean!

SoCaliLover's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 12/07/06
Posts: 1591

My co-worker had her baby last night so my work load has DOUBLED!! Oh well, I am very happy for her.

Dh is going to pick up my brother today so he can see the new house. We will keep him tonight and then tomorrow afternoon take him back to his group home. I think I have a hair appointment tomorrow --guess I should figure that out huh?

We dropped my car off at the shop last night --remember when I had to have my engine rebuilt and it took them six freaking weeks? Well its been burning oil and leaving huge oil spots on my driveway -- I think I am a few miles within the warranty so we took it back in. If it takes more than a few days though we are going to have to rent a car. Sad

I am also waiting to hear from Tiff --she has a dr appointment today to see how the baby is doing!

kris10gal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 11/02/07
Posts: 1306

Not much! Hopefully coop plans will come in the mail today and I can get shopping. Other than that, it's raining. I have been weather staining some boards in the garage. Lot's of good St. Patrick's day cooking on the menu too. For dinner, corned beef, potatoes, carrots (we don't do cabbage), our first batch of homemade ice cream will be mint. For breakfast, Irish bangers, eggs, & going to try Pioneer Woman's tater tots Smile

Lavender444's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 03/27/03
Posts: 1944

We have Drew's swimming class tomorrow, and Ava's gymnastics class. Then lunch with some friends. In the afternoon, we'll probably hang out and get some house stuff done. It's been beautiful weather here! 70's all week! So we'll get outside and take advantage at some point too. We were invited to a meet the baby party, but it's a bit of a drive and I'm feeling a bit lazy to make the trip. If the guilt gets to me, we'll go there too.

Sunday is DH's and my anniversary...7 years, I think? We are going to get a sitter and go get massages, go to dinner and do something fun. Should be a nice weekend. Smile

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 9 months ago
Joined: 06/03/07
Posts: 623

"Lavender444" wrote:

Sunday is DH's and my anniversary...7 years, I think?

You *think*, lol? Smile

Not doing much here. It's supposed to be rainy. There are loads of chores to do, so I'll plug away at them. I'm pretty uncomfortable all the time now, sometimes in pain and have shortness of breath. Nothing serious, the final stage of my pregnancy I guess, though there's still 4+ weeks left. It's bumming me out because I've got so much to do but I can do very little before I poop out.

asteuck's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 10/30/07
Posts: 355

"SID081108" wrote:

I need to work on Layla's birthday party, which is next Saturday! I basically just need to do some shopping for it (decorations and any food that I can buy this far in advance) and clean clean clean!

Same! haha! With Alyssa's 1st birthday I was ready way in advance! I'm slacking so much with Lauren's! I've got to get food and get the goodie bags for the kids together. Clean my house and shop (where the party will be). Well its DH's job to clean the shop so I keep nagging him to make sure he is going to get it done!

As most of you saw, we had Lauren's 1 yr pics today! I brought Alyssa to get a few pics of the 2 girls together but Alyssa was a little stinker so I sent her away with my brother. But Lauren was already done with changing and taking pics so we are going back tomorrow to try again for Lauren's pics, without Alyssa!

Sunday is Lauren's birthday!! We don't really have any plans other than church. I'll get some cupcakes to have with supper.

Happy Anniversary Amber!

SID081108's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 days ago
Joined: 06/03/09
Posts: 1348

"Lavender444" wrote:

We have Drew's swimming class tomorrow, and Ava's gymnastics class. Then lunch with some friends. In the afternoon, we'll probably hang out and get some house stuff done. It's been beautiful weather here! 70's all week! So we'll get outside and take advantage at some point too. We were invited to a meet the baby party, but it's a bit of a drive and I'm feeling a bit lazy to make the trip. If the guilt gets to me, we'll go there too.

Sunday is DH's and my anniversary...7 years, I think? We are going to get a sitter and go get massages, go to dinner and do something fun. Should be a nice weekend. Smile

How was the anniversary celebration?? I saw the wedding pics you posted on FB...okay GORGEOUS!

I signed Sophia up for swim classes at the YMCA, she starts next weekend, yay Smile

Oh, and DH showed me his work on Ava's dance picture...it is coming along but he still has a little more to do. Basically, he has gotten rid of all the junk in front of her and now he has to get rid of the junk behind her (which is not as much and will not take as long, so you should have it soon.) He warned me that it won't be something you'll want to blow up because the detail is far from perfect, but at least hopefully it will be good enough for you to print it 4X6 and put it in a cute dance frame or something.

SID081108's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 days ago
Joined: 06/03/09
Posts: 1348

"asteuck" wrote:

Same! haha! With Alyssa's 1st birthday I was ready way in advance! I'm slacking so much with Lauren's! I've got to get food and get the goodie bags for the kids together. Clean my house and shop (where the party will be). Well its DH's job to clean the shop so I keep nagging him to make sure he is going to get it done!

As most of you saw, we had Lauren's 1 yr pics today! I brought Alyssa to get a few pics of the 2 girls together but Alyssa was a little stinker so I sent her away with my brother. But Lauren was already done with changing and taking pics so we are going back tomorrow to try again for Lauren's pics, without Alyssa!

Sunday is Lauren's birthday!! We don't really have any plans other than church. I'll get some cupcakes to have with supper.

Happy Anniversary Amber!

Did DH agree to move the stuff out of the shop so you guys could have it there? (sounds like it?)

The cake pics on FB were priceless! She went after that cake! LOL

I did a few things for the party this weekend but not much...I have a busy week ahead of me! Luckily my parents are coming into town on Thursday so they will be able to help a lot on Friday and Saturday.

Lavender444's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 03/27/03
Posts: 1944

"shellyca" wrote:

You *think*, lol? Smile

ROFL I'm so bad at remembering when we got married. In my defence, DH and I started dating on the same day we got married. So I know that we have been together for 13 years (since 1999!) but the year we got married just won't stick in my head! I know it's 2003 or 2005, but I can never remember which.

"SID081108" wrote:

How was the anniversary celebration?? I saw the wedding pics you posted on FB...okay GORGEOUS!

I signed Sophia up for swim classes at the YMCA, she starts next weekend, yay Smile

Oh, and DH showed me his work on Ava's dance picture...it is coming along but he still has a little more to do. Basically, he has gotten rid of all the junk in front of her and now he has to get rid of the junk behind her (which is not as much and will not take as long, so you should have it soon.) He warned me that it won't be something you'll want to blow up because the detail is far from perfect, but at least hopefully it will be good enough for you to print it 4X6 and put it in a cute dance frame or something.

Thanks on the compliments on our wedding pictures. It was an awesome day! I highly recommend destination weddings! Smile

And you and your DH are so sweet to still be working on that picture! I'm going to have to send him some coffee and Red Bull for his troubles. I'm offer to send something else, but I know that's all he comsumes. Wink

And, yay for signing Sophia up for swimming! I hope she loves it! Smile Post pictures!!

asteuck's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 10/30/07
Posts: 355

"SID081108" wrote:

Did DH agree to move the stuff out of the shop so you guys could have it there? (sounds like it?)

Yes he did! I have still been hounding to make sure everything is going to get done! Smile But he called me our there the other night and asked if everything he moved was enough so its a start!! Tonight I think he is going to clean it so hopefully will be done by tomorrow night so I can decorate!

AshnBill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 11/06/06
Posts: 5333

Amber, that is funny you don't remember. Hopefully Graham does. Biggrin

Shelly, you are SO CLOSE!!!!! Are you ready?! Any names picked out?

Amy & Carrie, have fun at the parties this morning! Are you doing a theme?

kris10gal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 11/02/07
Posts: 1306

"SID081108" wrote:

Did DH agree to move the stuff out of the shop so you guys could have it there? (sounds like it?)

The cake pics on FB were priceless! She went after that cake! LOL

I did a few things for the party this weekend but not much...I have a busy week ahead of me! Luckily my parents are coming into town on Thursday so they will be able to help a lot on Friday and Saturday.

Did I miss these pictures?!?

Carrie and Amy, have so much fun today! Enjoy, it goes way too quickly!!! And take lots of pics!!!

I had a one year old shoot yesterday, it went awful, he didn't even touch the cake!

SID081108's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 days ago
Joined: 06/03/09
Posts: 1348

"AshnBill" wrote:

Amy & Carrie, have fun at the parties this morning! Are you doing a theme?

Our party is Saturday Biggrin My parents are coming into town today so I'm really excited about that! They'll be here for a little over a week, then they fly to my brother's house in Louisville, then back here to be with us over Easter weekend.

I'm doing a bird theme. This is the invitation I used (with Layla's picture of course) Wink

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/74191610

This is the banner:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/90685419/i-am-one-first-birthday-birdie-banner?ref=sr_gallery_1&sref=&ga_search_query=First+birthday+birdie&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=US&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

With matching cupcake sticks, but I can't find the link cause the shop owner from the etsy shop I ordered them from is on vacation so her stuff is not on display. They are cute though! The colors are bright spring colors but basically bright pink and like a robin's egg blue.

I will definitely post pics!

kris10gal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 11/02/07
Posts: 1306

Cute Carrie!!! How is the weather where you are?

I need to get some more party planning done, 2 months seem s like a lot, but life is passing by at lightening speed lately.

When is your party Amy, Sunday?

asteuck's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 10/30/07
Posts: 355

Our party is Sat too! The theme is cupcakes!
I posted the pics on our march board on FB.
We had cake on sun night on her actual birthday
This is the beginning

And the end!! Think she like it! Smile

SID081108's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 days ago
Joined: 06/03/09
Posts: 1348

"kris10gal" wrote:

Cute Carrie!!! How is the weather where you are?

The forecast is 80 and sunny on Saturday! WOOHOO! We rented a combo bounce house/slide so I'm glad the kids will have nice weather to play in it!

Amy I just LOVE that last picture of her covered in frosting. Her expression is just adorable.

ETA: And we have that bib Wink

asteuck's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 10/30/07
Posts: 355

"SID081108" wrote:

The forecast is 80 and sunny on Saturday! WOOHOO! We rented a combo bounce house/slide so I'm glad the kids will have nice weather to play in it!

Amy I just LOVE that last picture of her covered in frosting. Her expression is just adorable.

ETA: And we have that bib Wink

Jealous about the bounce house! DH is so cheap! He'd never let me do something like that! It is supposed to be fairly nice here too. 70* I believe.
Thanks! And the bib kinda fits that picture doesn't it!?

Lavender444's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 03/27/03
Posts: 1944

OMG, Amy! That last picture literally made me lol! Cute!!!

Carrie- I LOVE your theme. The invitations and banner is SO cute! Can't wait to see pictures! Smile

SID081108's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 days ago
Joined: 06/03/09
Posts: 1348

"Lavender444" wrote:

And you and your DH are so sweet to still be working on that picture! I'm going to have to send him some coffee and Red Bull for his troubles. I'm offer to send something else, but I know that's all he comsumes. Wink

I just saw this...seriously he LOVES doing stuff like this. I just feel bad that it's taking forever. He just works on it during study breaks so it's not getting a ton of attention right now Sad

AshnBill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 11/06/06
Posts: 5333

Oh my gosh Amy! WHAT A MESS!!!!
Very cute themes both of you!! Kristen, any plans for Colby's birthday? Gosh, I can't believe all these babies are this old already!

kris10gal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 11/02/07
Posts: 1306

"AshnBill" wrote:

Oh my gosh Amy! WHAT A MESS!!!!
Very cute themes both of you!! Kristen, any plans for Colby's birthday? Gosh, I can't believe all these babies are this old already!

I surprisingly do, I have BIG plans. But, it's a secret Smile I have a baker lady I'm doing trades with and she's very into the idea. We really want to get it on Kara's Party Ideas and I'm paranoid somebody is going to steal it, because it's verging back in style. I will post it in two months. Sorry, I suck, I know. Although it could be a bomb and I'm building it up for nothing. We won't know for two months Wink

Lavender444's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 03/27/03
Posts: 1944

That's exciting, Kristen! I'll be watching for my invite, sounds like this will be a party worth traveling for! Wink Can't wait to see it!

AshnBill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 11/06/06
Posts: 5333

Kristen - can't wait to see! I love Kara's party ideas!