Jasmine

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jenni Beth's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/03/11
Posts: 1407
Jasmine

Have you read any of Ina May's books? I'm working on Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and I loooooooooooooooooooooooove it!!! It is such a confidence builder!

sweetsriracha's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 03/29/11
Posts: 1318

"Jenni Beth" wrote:

Have you read any of Ina May's books? I'm working on Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and I loooooooooooooooooooooooove it!!! It is such a confidence builder!

Yes Biggrin I think that book and Ina both rock. I'm hoping to pick up Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding soon. The only thing I don't agree with Gaskin on completely is pregnancy nutrition - but I can choose to not eat a soy-based diet and enjoy the rest of her fantastic wisdom.

I'd also recommend Jennifer Block's book Pushed. An incredibly well-researched, journalistic book about birth in the US. Its very stirring (writing style reminded me of Fast Food Nation).

I'd NOT recommend Baby Catcher by Peggy Vincent. A memoir of her career as a midwife. She tells too many unusual stories about things like prolapsed cords - I think its a great read for care providers but not for expectant Mamas.

Anyone else have any natural childbirth/pregnancy book recommendations????

Jenni Beth's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/03/11
Posts: 1407

Jasmine, I also read The Official Lamaze Guide: Giving Birth with Confidence by Judith Lothian and Charlotte De Vries. It was good..not as good as Ina May but still good! Ina May is the #1 supreme, IMHO! Wink

MelanieP's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 09/25/09
Posts: 882

Wow - I am impressed with you guys. I have not read a one book about PG or delivery or anything baby related!

Jenni Beth's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/03/11
Posts: 1407

I want to be very well prepared! lol! I've seen a lot of births but it is going to be different this time with me being the one pushing the baby out.

TLotus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 08/28/10
Posts: 535

I've just finished reading, "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" by Henci Goer. Excellent book on how to avoid unnecessary procedures. Smile

Jenni Beth's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/03/11
Posts: 1407

"TLotus" wrote:

I've just finished reading, "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" by Henci Goer. Excellent book on how to avoid unnecessary procedures. Smile

I LOVE HENCI!!! I'll most definitely be checking this out. You know she moderates a forum on http://www.lamaze.org? You can ask her questions and she will reply...or read all the other questions other women have asked.

TLotus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 08/28/10
Posts: 535

"Jenni Beth" wrote:

I LOVE HENCI!!! I'll most definitely be checking this out. You know she moderates a forum on http://www.lamaze.org? You can ask her questions and she will reply...or read all the other questions other women have asked.

And I will be checking out her forum! The book was so interesting. Even after 4 births, it gave me a lot to consider. Smile