Lactation

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 8 months ago
Joined: 02/20/11
Posts: 865
Lactation

Anyone else started to lactate?

sweetsriracha's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 03/29/11
Posts: 1318

haha, I'm so glad you posted this. I kind of considered it, but then I decided not to. Um, yes, I have noticed some tiny amounts of moisture.

kmm123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 12/13/08
Posts: 1839

LOL I never really stopped. Evan stopped nursing around 13-14 months and I have been able to squeeze something out ever since. Around 24-26 weeks with Evan I actually leaked though if I was bra-less I'm not doing that yet Smile My body loved to make milk with Evan LOL I would have made a hell of a wet nurse 100 years ago LOL

mellen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 2 months ago
Joined: 08/11/10
Posts: 43

Hard to say. I never leaked when nursing, but things are definitely gearig up.

Starryblue702's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 04/06/11
Posts: 5454

"mellen" wrote:

Hard to say. I never leaked when nursing, but things are definitely gearig up.

Holy crap, you lucky girl! It's always horrible for me when I'm BF! I have to wear a bra to bed with breast pads or else I would leak all over my bed! And also when they're feeding on one nipple, the other one will leak so badly... I always thing, "Oh no, look at all that good milk being wasted, but I can't stop it!" I have to just put a burp cloth against the other one while they're feeding and then do the same when I switch nipples! I'm not leaking anything now (knock on wood!)... I don't normally until after my milk comes in.

sugspop's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 02/22/07
Posts: 1418

"Starryblue702" wrote:

Holy crap, you lucky girl! It's always horrible for me when I'm BF! I have to wear a bra to bed with breast pads or else I would leak all over my bed! And also when they're feeding on one nipple, the other one will leak so badly... I always thing, "Oh no, look at all that good milk being wasted, but I can't stop it!" I have to just put a burp cloth against the other one while they're feeding and then do the same when I switch nipples! I'm not leaking anything now (knock on wood!)... I don't normally until after my milk comes in.

Hell yea! I leaked all over the place! I couldn't go anywhere without those pads in my bra!

Summer05's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 months ago
Joined: 09/18/05
Posts: 790

Not yet, I sure hope that doesn't happen until it's needed ;). ITA about nursing & with wearing pads to sleep and all not being the most comfortable. However, something is going on with my bbs it's like I'm getting mastitis lumps similar to when I was nursing, always behind the areola. Boooooo. Dumb BBs, you have like 4 more months to worry about that!

lil96's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 12 months ago
Joined: 03/27/06
Posts: 573

I am completely lactating. Oh wait it probably has nothing to do with this pregnancy, my child is still bfing Smile

kmm123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 12/13/08
Posts: 1839

I had to change the sheets many mornings - I had towels etc. Wearing a bra too much gave me clogged ducts and I had one round of mastitis. I was REALLY happy when my body evened out. I struggle b/c I want to get a stash when I'm over producing but it just makes it worse! I hope BF'ing goes as well this time as with Evan though I was very lucky, ample supply, eager newborn with a good latch, it was excellent (minus the massive engorgement, clogged ducts, and mastitis -- and a newborn who cluster fed in the evening NON STOP lol)

Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 11/15/08
Posts: 34

I am still nursing, so yes I am lactating lol.

Nikerz20's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 04/18/09
Posts: 673

"lil96" wrote:

I am completely lactating. Oh wait it probably has nothing to do with this pregnancy, my child is still bfing Smile

That's awesome!

I wake up with the dry crusty stuff each and every morning, nothing serious yet, lol.