QOTD: THursday

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joined: 02/20/11
Posts: 865
QOTD: THursday

What advice have you received so far that you just think, yah right? There's no way I'm doing that!

ashamom27's picture
Joined: 07/06/06
Posts: 1010

To have my tubes tied? LOL!

Joined: 02/20/11
Posts: 865

Asha: I would be so upset about that!! Thats so uncool.

Joined: 02/20/11
Posts: 865

I keep hearing, dont buy any formula or bottles if you want to breastfeed. It will make you give up too easily. Im sorry, but I personally think you are better off being prepared. Ill be buying bottles to store pumped milk in, and will have at least one can of formula ready to go. Trust me, when you are sleep deprived, its 3 am, your breasts are cracked and bleeding, sometimes the formula is the right thing to do ! Sanity is sometimes at play! Giving in once is not going to make me stop breastfeeding all together!

(My opinion of course,w hich is what the thread is all about, personal opinion)

Starryblue702's picture
Joined: 04/06/11
Posts: 5454

"ashamom27" wrote:

To have my tubes tied? LOL!

Yep, I got that too... and I have half the kids that you do! Some people really need to learn to keep their mouths shut! Am I asking you to raise my children for me? No? Then shut the crap up! LMAO...

sweetsriracha's picture
Joined: 03/29/11
Posts: 1318

I've mentioned before how everyone feels the need to comment on their perception of a pregnant woman's size. "You are small, sure everything is fine?" or "you are huge, sure there is only one in there?" GRRRR.

People also seem to be generally amused by first-time-moms planning on a natural birth.

And then, anything to do with my eating habits. Don't tell me to watch my sodium unless I've stolen a horse's salt lick out of the stable.

kmm123's picture
Joined: 12/13/08
Posts: 1839

I get asked a lot about where Evan will be at with potty training and crib when the baby arrives -- what my plans are.....and when I respond he'll likely be in diapers in his crib people just kind of stare (he'll be just shy of 2) LOL But at almost 19 months he shows NO signs of wanting to potty train and I'm not about to drive us crazy over it. And he LOVES his crib and I'm not in to self imposed torture so if he loves his crib he can sleep in his crib we're all happier! LOL

lily0624's picture
Joined: 03/21/07
Posts: 591

"kmm123" wrote:

I get asked a lot about where Evan will be at with potty training and crib when the baby arrives -- what my plans are.....and when I respond he'll likely be in diapers in his crib people just kind of stare (he'll be just shy of 2) LOL But at almost 19 months he shows NO signs of wanting to potty train and I'm not about to drive us crazy over it. And he LOVES his crib and I'm not in to self imposed torture so if he loves his crib he can sleep in his crib we're all happier! LOL

i get the same thing too. my son just turned 2 last week and he is nowhere near potty training. and, you know, i really don't care! he'll get there. no need to rush it. the kid across the street from us will be 3 next month and is barely training. and i plan on keeping him in a crib for as long as possible. he moves around too much! there's no way he's going to stay in a toddler bed. just because i'm having another baby doesn't mean my baby NOW needs to grow up so soon!

Jenni Beth's picture
Joined: 03/03/11
Posts: 1407

"sweetsriracha" wrote:

I've mentioned before how everyone feels the need to comment on their perception of a pregnant woman's size. "You are small, sure everything is fine?" or "you are huge, sure there is only one in there?" GRRRR.

OMG YES! I got this at work, in the very same day. I was so pissed off. This stupid guy I work with said "Wow, You are huge! How many months do you have left? 4?! DANG!" I was so mad. I said, "I have only gained 3 pounds with this baby, who is actually measuring AHEAD, and unless you want me to make you two inches shorter than you already are, you won't mention my size to me again." This guy is super short and he really made me mad. I saw red. He's lucky he didn't get tackled right then.

KAYMYA's picture
Joined: 09/18/07
Posts: 230

Oh boy there are too many to list!!!! I get the ur huge part all the time even.people who know its twins ask if there is a 3rd!!

brady_bunch_plus_one's picture
Joined: 11/27/04
Posts: 399

"lily0624" wrote:

i get the same thing too. my son just turned 2 last week and he is nowhere near potty training. and, you know, i really don't care! he'll get there. no need to rush it. the kid across the street from us will be 3 next month and is barely training. and i plan on keeping him in a crib for as long as possible. he moves around too much! there's no way he's going to stay in a toddler bed. just because i'm having another baby doesn't mean my baby NOW needs to grow up so soon!

At this point it is almost useless to try potty training.Chances are he would regress and you would have to start over anyways.

For me it is the whole getting your tubes tied thing.I will have 4 and BDF has 3.It is sometimes a struggle but I manage and the kids have everything they need so while I am sure Im done it really isnt anyones business but mine and I wish they would just STFU.