First, I want to thank everyone who has given their love and support in response to my car accident this past Sunday. I am still very soar and the doctors think my back is injured but they cant really diagnose anything until baby is delivered. So..
After talking with my peri and expressing to him I wasn't comfortable with chemical induction (pit, cytotec, cervidil...) We agreed on a compromise. I am now walking around 4 cm dilated (been having contractions since I ate that labor salad last Thurs!). My OB will break my water tomorrow and both OB and Peri feel this would be enough to induce. Baby is very low in the pelvis and peri says there won't be any cord prolapse.
My OB will break my water tomorrow at 9AM in his office. The reason he is not doing it in the hospital is because if he breaks it there, he would have to use pit according to hospital protocol. After he breaks the water, I go home and labor as I have planned all along...until it's time to go in to the hospital.
So, today I rest...and get my mind focused on the arrival of baby Devin. I'm happy this is almost over. Baby Devin is strong and healthy...I can't wait to hold him!
Not sure how labor will affect my back, but I have a my husband, a doula, and Hypnobabies to help me through. Please send ELVs!