Well it looks like all this freaking out was for nothing. DH didn't get the promotion. It's no big deal, something else will come up soon I'm sure! We prayed about it a lot and left it up to God and I guess it wasn't meant to be! DH is disappointed, but also happy that he will not miss our last baby's arrival. I am simply relieved! I know it would have been nice in the long run, but for today I'm just taking comfort in the fact my husband is staying put! Dealing with everything myself would have been hard, but I think the worst part would have been missing my DH! We haven't been apart since we were 16 and I couldn't imagine it!
DH is up for this enormous promotion. He works as an insurance adjuster, he takes claims and makes decisions about fault and pay outs, it's all on the phone. The job he is up for is an auto damage adjuster, where he'd actually assess the vehicle in person and everything. He loves the idea of being off the phone and it's a ton more money. Plus it's in the south bay of San Diego where we are both from and our families still reside. So we'd move back to our home town. He's been working his patootie off for this! It requires a ton of training and a certification but the company provides all of that.
So the problem here is the training.... It was set for August, which would have sucked, but wouldn't have been a big issue. There have been some delays and other things that came up and now it has been moved to mid september. Oh yeah and it's in Washington DC! On the complete opposite side of the country. He would arrive home on October 15, his birthday, and only 2 days before my due date.
DD was born at 41 weeks, DS was born at 39. BUT I went into labor right before my scheduled CS, so who knows maybe it could have turned out to be false labor.
Dh is sure that I could never go early, but he wants to do whatever I'm comfortable with. I want him to get this job. It would really change a lot for us. It's a lot more money which, of course, we could use and we'd get to move back. We're very close with our families and its important to us that our kids really know their extended families. Since they live over an hour away we just make the commute every chance we get, at least once, usually twice a week (once for my family once for his). But all those miles are killing our car! We only have one car, a 2006 with 120k miles. All from commuting across the county. And with the job he has now we really cant afford a new one. Plus I miss being home!
So I want him to get this promotion, but OMG what if he misses the birth? What if he leaves then I have the baby soon after and he can't come home for almost a month? That would kill him! That would kill me! What would I do with a new born and 2 toddlers all by myself up here with no family support? Especially if I don't get my VBAC and I have to have a third CS. I just don't know what we should do. Any thoughts? Sorry it's so long :p.