So I had my appt today and they went ahead and hooked me up to the NST. There were some very sporadic contractions that popped up, but nothing to be concerned about. I am 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced, still -1 station, and I'm measuring 37 weeks. She made a comment about the babies head floating when she checked me. Anybody know what that means? She told me that she wants to see me weekly now and I told her that I have my next appt on Sept 7th. She said "yeah, well I really think I should see you weekly now because I think you are going to have this baby between now and Sept. 7th." So she went ahead and did the group b strep again and sent me for 36 week blood work. She also had her office copy my records for me to take to the hospital when I do go into labor. She said that since I am almost 35 weeks then she is going to not be as aggressive in stopping labor now so I'm pretty much just waiting for it now. She is basically treating me as a patient who is 38 weeks. This just seems so surreal to me right now! Haha!
I found out that I am one day away from when I had my son. I'm 34 weeks, 4 days and she looked at my chart and saw that I had him at 34 weeks, 5 days! Crazy! I just can't believe that I could actually be holding her soon!
My next appt is August 30th and that will be my u/s to determine position and weight.
I'm thinking 'floating' means that her head isn't fully engaged yet. Sounds like a good appointment.
Wow...it won't be long now.
As far as the "head floating thing".....thats how DS#3's head was until they broke my water at 8 cm. It basically means that she's not completely engaged and the Doc can still push her back up when she checks you.
Amanda~mommy to Kodey & Kaleb 4/29/99,Cameron 4/30/00,Cheyann 10/14/03, Cole 11/16/07, and Alli 09/30/11
While it's definitely possible that you could have her soon, you could still easily hold out for quite a bit more too. With my last 2 babies I was already almost completely effaced and 4 cm at my 36 week appointments, and baby's head was at 0 station. (I wasn't checked prior to that). Anyway, it's very likely that I was already dialating a few weeks prior to 36 weeks... and my babies were born at 39 weeks! Also, if I "check myself"... although I am steering clear of my cervix at this point, I can clearly feel my babies head already QUITE low down. If I did check my cervix I'm fairly certain it I would find that it's slightly dialated. I can also tell that I am starting to efface. All this to say... I really hope that your little one is able to stay put for at least 2 more weeks!! I definitely think she still could make it to term!
I sure hope she stays until the 36th week so we can bring her home and we can bond immediately after birth instead of her being whisked away. I think if I had DS full term then I wouldn't be so convinced that she was coming early, but the fact that I have impatient children is making me think that she could very well be here by the 36th week. I'm still shooting for 40 weeks though. LOL!
Glad you had a good appt! Hopefully she keeps baking just a little while longer. And yay for being able to do a bit more!
DD Annabelle 04/08/10 DD Gillian 09/29/11