Oh what a few weeks I have had! I am currently building a house with my husband and our families are doing most of the work. Welll, our families don't seem to be working well with each other and I am in the middle of it. Both sides are very stubborn and I get to hear about how the other person has done something wrong...blah blah blah// With this added stress plus the new addition to the family (a 9 month old Engllish Mastiff puppy) about 2.5 weeks ago, I didn't know how much more I could take. My 2.5 yr old toddler has been throwing more temper tantrums then normal and she has not been very helpful when trying to keep the house tidy. Just as I thought my life couldn't get any crazier/ stressful, I end up in the hospital Saturday evening
I went to the emergency Saturday about 5 pm due to back pain that started that a.m., only to be told that I have to go to Labour & Delivery because I am too far along in my pregnancy. So I go to L &D embarrassed, I tell them of the back pain (and that I am not actually in labour), also some other symptoms like urgency to urinate, thinking I have a bladder/kidney infection. They do a urine test and blood test which all come back normal. They send me home with antibiotics and I am told to take iron supplements because my hemoglobin is down to 93 :S (Should be at 120 or more). Later on in the night I am in so much pain I cannot lie down, sit or anything. I am pacing the floor waiting for my mother to get off work around midnight. She does not know what I should do. Around 2:00am I call my mom and I ask her to bring me to L & D once again. When I get there, the nurse says she cannot do anything for me but to come in anyway. After talking to multiple nurses and the same doctor that sent me home only hours before, they finally decide to keep me over night for observation/ give me some pain killers. Sunday a.m. I head to ultrasound where they end up finding that my right kidney is swelled, and seems I have a blockage. By Tuesday I finally talk to a urologist who tells me he cannot do anything for me while I am still pregnant.
So here I am, in lots of pain with some prescription for T3s, demerol and an antibiotic....at home. I won't see my midwife till next Wednesday and I don't really want to take the pain killers for the sake of my baby. One of the nurses told me they may induce me early if I don't pass the stone but all in all, they havent told me anything...they just sent me home. Has anyone dealt with this.???
AND THEN...my husband comes home at lunch and after I tell him how I am in pain, and how my daughter is being a handful....he asks if he can go away to his camp this weekend with his dad/uncle..... I just looked away and started crying... I dont know what to do anymore... I am stressed and helpless