going in...

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kate83's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 01/04/11
Posts: 587
going in...

3 contraction in 20 minutes. I still don't think its anything serious, baby is moving like crazy. I spent a lot of the day on the couch but it hasn't helped.

We have some nasty weather coming tonight, so dh is going to drop me off and go hurricane shopping with the kids. Hopefully we beat the storm that's coming tonight. I hate driving with lightening!

I'll update when I hear anything, like I said, I'm not too concerned but doc doesn't want me stuck on and island if things are getting worse.

jac81's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 11/22/10
Posts: 1131

Hopefully it's nothing, but I'm glad you're going in. Better to be safe. Good luck!

Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 01/08/09
Posts: 1023

KUP! Thinking of you!

irishgirl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 04/10/07
Posts: 1043

Glad you decided to go just in case. Smile KUP.

Jenn0113's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

lurking (still)

When Hurricane Ike hit I was 7-8 months pg. My OB warned me that hurricanes can cause labor. Not sure how accurate that is but maybe Hurricane Irene is exciting your LO. I hope its nothing and you guys get home soon and stay safe in the storm!

parkerlamar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/21/11
Posts: 146

Good Luck! Keep us posted!!!! Stay safe!

wobbs's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 05/27/10
Posts: 1502

Hope it's nothing yet! KUP!

jac81's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 11/22/10
Posts: 1131

"Jenn0113" wrote:

lurking (still)

When Hurricane Ike hit I was 7-8 months pg. My OB warned me that hurricanes can cause labor. Not sure how accurate that is but maybe Hurricane Irene is exciting your LO. I hope its nothing and you guys get home soon and stay safe in the storm!

I actually told Kate the same thing on FB! I heard its the barometric pressure that can cause labor during a hurricane. I had a friend that was full term when hurricane Ike hit us and I was so worried that she would go into labor during the storm and not be able to get to the hospital. Thankfully she had him 2 weeks later.

Jenn0113's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

"jac81" wrote:

I actually told Kate the same thing on FB! I heard its the barometric pressure that can cause labor during a hurricane. I had a friend that was full term when hurricane Ike hit us and I was so worried that she would go into labor during the storm and not be able to get to the hospital. Thankfully she had him 2 weeks later.

My OB told me not to go to the hospital if I went into labor because it would be too busy. LOL

AimeeLynne's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 month ago
Joined: 09/29/08
Posts: 572

Good luck! KUP!! Biggrin

tanismom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 11/07/06
Posts: 717

hope everything is ok with you!

OregonJewels's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 week ago
Joined: 12/29/10
Posts: 344

"Jenn0113" wrote:

My OB told me not to go to the hospital if I went into labor because it would be too busy. LOL

This is what I was thinking, I bet the L/D is a mad house right now! And I am not so sure I would want to be in a mad house hospital during a hurricane either.
GL and KUP!