We had a fabulous dinner last night. I tried out a new recipe or two and DH grilled as usual. Since food is such an important part of our lives right now, I thought it would be fun to share your favorite summer time recipe that you enjoy either grilling out or bringing to someone's house.
The new one I tried last night was called "Drunken Vidalia Onions"
4 large Vidalia Onions
1 cup melted butter (though I found you didn't need that much, probably could half the buttter mixture)
1/4 cup Kentucky bourbon
1/4 brown sugar
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Cut a little off the bottom, so the onion stand up. Core out a cavitiy in the center of the onion.
2. Spray outside with nonstick spray and sprinkle garlic salt and pepper. Place on aluminum sqaures.
3. Mix melted butter w/remaining ingredients and pour into center. Reserve any left for drizzling later
4. Gather the foil and twist the top. Place on grill on indirect heat for about 30-45 minutes or bake in the oven at 350.
5. Heat butter remainig butter mixture to drizzle over top once cooked if needed
I love cooked onions. Especially Vidalias! I'm from GA and you can't get Vidalia onions anywhere but Vidalia, Ga and a certain radius around the area. It has to do with the type of soil that yields such a sweet onion. I love that way out here in Nebraska I can still get them and take advantage to cook them all summer as long as I can get my hands on a bag.
You could make them w/out the bourbon, but it's worth it if you have it.
Ok - your time to share!