Will anyone else be advanced maternal age when the baby arrives?
I will be 35 by about 4 months. Our midwife went over all the testing our insurance should cover because of my age... DH and I discussed doing the nuchal translucency u/s ... but, I don't really feel we need it. I may do the quad screen blood test though. I am just so undecided on all these tests, but since I am 11 weeks today, we really need to decide soon.
I'm not of "advanced maternal age". I'll turn 30 shortly after this baby is due. But, I've did the nuchal scan with #2 and #3 (at ages 25 and 26) and I actually really appreciated it. It was easy (u/s and blood draw) and both times I got a ridiculously low risk of down's/trisomy (I think it was 1:30,000) and got an update on baby's growth and health. We'll be doing the test again this pregnancy. I don't know what we'd do if we got a high risk result, but it's something I'd want to know about as early as possible. Just personal preference.
big boy 12.8.07 @ 39+2 7lbs 8oz, 20.5" BFed for 13 months
middle boy 8.12.09 @ 39+4 7lbs 9oz, 21" BFed for 13.5 months
little boy 4.26.11 @ 38+4 6lbs 14oz, 19.5" BFed until 26mo and restarted at 30mo!
baby boy 10.25.13 @ 41+0 8lbs 15oz, 21.5"
8.16.12 & 12.16.12
I am AMA, turned 36 early on in this pregnancy. I would have done the NT if it had been offered at my doc's office but they would have had to refer to me to a specialist. It wasn't a big enough concern for me to go to that trouble so I didn't. I have only had the regular anatomy scan with this pregnancy and all looked good (it was at 18 wks) so I also opted out of the quad screen which would have been at the same gestation I believe. I'm a pretty laid back person though and don't worry too much about being AMA so I haven't been too worried about doing any extra testing.
See, I'd have to go to a specialist as well... and with the three other kids and stuff, it just seems like a hassle to find a sitter and drive about 35-40 min. to the specialist. I'm not too worried, as we would still proceed with the pregnancy, whatever the results. I think DH was leaning more towards doing it. Hummm...
Im 35 i will havethe testing in about two weeks
I will be 33 next month. I decided to do the 10week blood test and the nuchal fold U/S. I'd just like to know either way.
Harry - (Dec 05) Miller - (Feb 09)
Missed M/C (Dec 07)
Ectopic (Mar 12)
Baby #3 due Oct 1st!!