7/12/12 UPDATE **** I got a message from my midwife a few days ago, she will not be able to attend the birth for us. Her FIL has brain cancer and she is his end of life caregiver and he's going a lot quicker than they had anticipated. She called around to other mw's in the state to see if she could get someone else but no one will drive this far. Looks like our plans got shot in the arse right as they were really getting off the ground! I've been brooding and pouting for the last few days, trying to make the best of it and trying to keep it in perspective but failing miserably on all accounts. I cried a lot harder about it and for a lot longer than I really think was probably appropriate but it's been very upsetting, a lot more so than I would've imagined. Oh well...moving on, I guess****
a 3 hour meeting. I don't think that in the last 2 pregnancies I've spent as much time with my OB altogether. I really like her and I really like her approach. She's hands off. She said she prefers having clients go into birth with the mindset of gong unassisted but with supervision. That's exactly what I want, someone who's there that knows more than me but not someone that is going to do anything unless needed. She prefers DH's to catch babies because babies want their parents not people they don't know. Everything was exactly what I was hoping to hear. She does have a 5 month old that will be at the birth with her unless somehow I manage to go into labor on a weekend when her DH is off work all weekend LOL. I'm okay with that because I honestly don't want her to do much anyway. I am going to keep seeing my OB partially because DH has put that as a stipulation but also because I need to know he will back me up if I have to transfer to the hospital for any reason. I am going to order a birth pool that was suggested to me. I'm really excited and I feel very relieved with this decision! I don't plan to tell anyone IRL my decision. DH said he'd do whatever I want. I think he still secretly hopes I'll decide to go with the hospital but I know he'll be okay when/if we stay home.
Baby is breech currently which I think is a new position for him/her because when she showed me where the head and behind were it was different than I know it was a few days before. I need to pay more attention to how I'm sitting when I do get a chance to sit because I definitely want to encourage optimal positioning. We also spent a lot of time talking about my risk for tearing because of the episiotomy from Clara. I need start being really diligent about doing perennial massage to try to make that scar tissue more pliable.
I think that's about all of it It was a good meeting and I am super excited to be taking this birth into my own hands and taking full responsibility for it, the good and/or the bad!