Birthday Presents

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vstarr's picture
Joined: 04/08/08
Posts: 895
Birthday Presents

Hey girls! Sorry if I've missed a discussion on this already, but I just can't keep up with all you chatterboxes sometimes Wink

What did/will your LOs get for their birthdays this year? I am coming up blank on what to get Lucas for his bday! It seems like he plays with so many of his sister's toys right now, and and doesn't really need anything, but of course I want to get him something! He is really into cars/trucks/trains right now, so I was thinking along that line maybe. We are doing a car theme for his bday. Smile

Cherrychip's picture
Joined: 01/31/09
Posts: 1134

We kept it pretty simple. I got DD some new shoes, slippers for in the house, socks and some shirts she needed. She got some clothes, books and toys from the rest of my family- a xylophone and a duplo blocks set and a friend of mine from work gave her a bedtime Dora doll. I had some toys in mind, but I didn't get around to ordering them in time so I will just wait and get them for Christmas. She has tons of stuff so she really didn't need anything and she isn't old enough to care if she gets a lot of things or not-she was actually really excited about the shoes and slippers as she loves to put things on her feet, lol!

devermee's picture
Joined: 07/24/06
Posts: 239

We are getting DS a train set. He loves the wooden train set at our local Barnes & Noble and our church nursery!! We actually ordered him a wooden set but a couple weeks later Amazon cancelled our order because it was out of stock! In the mean time, I talked to a friend who has 3 boys & a Facebook friend posed the question to her friends Wooden train set vs. Geo Trax. The unanimous vote was Geo Trax. So I changed my mind & actually just ordered a Geo Trax set last night.
I'm super excited for DS to see this!! I think he's going to LOVE it! Cool thing about the Geotrax is we can keep adding to it for Christmas, etc...

alwayssmile's picture
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Hmmmm....what about art supplies (my Target has Cars art sets on clearance) or transportation themed books?

Aiden's getting the fisher price rampway set (found on clearance for cheap), the M&D snap and sort set, M&D animal magnets, and a vehicle puzzle (which the puzzle is actually from my BFF). The kitchen set we got over the summer is birthday too, so I went cheap for birthday day stuff. I know in the end he just wants to unwrap stuff. If I could find more planes I'd totally get those (why are planes so hard to find?!). Aiden loves anything to do with transportation stuff too. For Christmas he's getting a wood train set as his santa gift.
For his new baby distraction/we still love you, he's getting a doctor's kit. Most of it was my sister's from forever ago but I did buy a few small cheap stuff to supplement. He's also getting his baby doll carrier.

Vstarr's picture
Joined: 04/08/08
Posts: 895

Dawn, I had to go check out the Geotrax, I hadn't heard of it before. It looks like something he would love, and I like that you can keep adding to it. The only thing I am wondering is if he would actually let the remote control run it or if he would just want to do it himself. His sister has a toy that has little penguins that go around on a track (by themselves), and he loves it but keeps messing w/ the penguins and taking them off the track, then it takes me 3 days to find them again, and he gets mad b/c the penguins are "GONE!" :roll:

"alwayssmile" wrote:

Aiden's getting the fisher price rampway set (found on clearance for cheap), the M&D snap and sort set, M&D animal magnets, and a vehicle puzzle (which the puzzle is actually from my BFF). The kitchen set we got over the summer is birthday too, so I went cheap for birthday day stuff. I know in the end he just wants to unwrap stuff. If I could find more planes I'd totally get those (why are planes so hard to find?!). Aiden loves anything to do with transportation stuff too. For Christmas he's getting a wood train set as his santa gift.
For his new baby distraction/we still love you, he's getting a doctor's kit. Most of it was my sister's from forever ago but I did buy a few small cheap stuff to supplement. He's also getting his baby doll carrier.

Jackie - this one? Fisher-Price Little People Wheelies Stand 'n Play Rampway - Fisher-Price - Toys "R" Us

I got Lucas that for Christmas, and he hasn't played w/ it much all year, and now all of a sudden in the last couple weeks he LOVES it! I should get him some more cars for it, that he would definitely love (since I now can only find 1 of the 2 cars it came with, lol).

Oh, and new baby distraction/we still love you gift - that made me giggle. lol

ange84's picture
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Ronin got a floor mat with roads on it and some natchbox size cars.

redneckgirl82884's picture
Joined: 12/17/08
Posts: 955

We're going to get Madison an art easel and sidewalk chalk.

alwayssmile's picture
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Yep, that's the one he's getting for his birthday. Only I got mine for under $20. lol. I'm hoping it'll be a hit because the last couple of times we've been at my SIL's house he's really loved the cars track sets her boys have. It's all he's wanted to play with there!

cactuswren's picture
Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 4658

Addy got a balance bike from us, but my mom got her a Melissa and Doug wooden train set and she loves it. She likes to put the track together herself, which she can do with only a little help.

Car-theme party idea: We just went to one of those on Sunday, and they did a craft station with different markers and glitter pens to decorate your own little wooden car (little cheap blank plain ones from Oriental Trading Company), and then keep it for your party favor. It was a HUGE hit with almost all of the kids. Adair is obsessed with her car and carries it around with her at home a lot. I think it's the glitter Lol

stacymh's picture
Joined: 03/16/10
Posts: 1807

That ramp set is pretty neat. We are going pretty simple because DH's parents are getting Evan a pedal tractor. We got him a fish tank for his bedroom, just last week. DH couldn't wait (I swear he's like a kid too, it's kind of cute). I bought some M&D puzzles and DH will probably get him a small tractor to go with his others. My mom got a CAT dump truck with Mega Bloks . He saw it in the store and loved it. His theme will be, can you guess it, tractors!!! I know relatives will buy him a ton, so I am laying low, especially with Christmas coming around the corner. His present for that is a kitchen.

Vstarr's picture
Joined: 04/08/08
Posts: 895

"ange84" wrote:

Ronin got a floor mat with roads on it and some natchbox size cars.

Wendy, that's an awesome idea! I think Lucas would love that.

"cactuswren" wrote:

Car-theme party idea: We just went to one of those on Sunday, and they did a craft station with different markers and glitter pens to decorate your own little wooden car (little cheap blank plain ones from Oriental Trading Company), and then keep it for your party favor. It was a HUGE hit with almost all of the kids. Adair is obsessed with her car and carries it around with her at home a lot. I think it's the glitter Lol

Love this! I may have to steal it Smile

cactuswren's picture
Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 4658

You should! I am already trying to think of ways to adapt the idea for next year and a different theme Smile Adair keeps holding it reverently and saying "...Sparkly...it's BOOTIFUL." Lol

rubber_da_glove's picture
Joined: 12/31/07
Posts: 1527

We got Tobey a bed. My mum got him bedding and my inlaws gave him money. The other gifts he got were trains Smile

devermee's picture
Joined: 07/24/06
Posts: 239

"Vstarr" wrote:

Dawn, I had to go check out the Geotrax, I hadn't heard of it before. It looks like something he would love, and I like that you can keep adding to it. The only thing I am wondering is if he would actually let the remote control run it or if he would just want to do it himself. His sister has a toy that has little penguins that go around on a track (by themselves), and he loves it but keeps messing w/ the penguins and taking them off the track, then it takes me 3 days to find them again, and he gets mad b/c the penguins are "GONE!" :roll:

I wonder about the remote control too - my friend that has the 3 boys said that they put batteries in as a "treat" so they mostly just push the trains around themselves without using the remote - I have a feeling that's what DS will have the most fun doing, especially at this age - maybe when he gets older he might want to use the RC more?