Chat thread 12- Who will be our next Queen?

1001 posts / 0 new
Last post
momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"janijanis" wrote:

i think he was coughing too hard. He is acting completely normal otherwise but has a stuffy runny nose. He likes using my couch as a kleenex lol

so would you recommend buying one? i am thinking about getting one

yep, that's what hers do too. and my DS still uses my couch as a kleenex. I can't wait til these kids are older and I can trade in my snotty furniture.

I would HIGHLY recommend one. I was drinking whiskey and playing with my steam mop Friday night, great fun. I do love it so far. I got THIS one after much research, but the other one I had contemplated was THIS one (good reviews on both!). The only thing that swayed me was I was afraid the 2nd wouldn't fit under all my cabinets well.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"momW" wrote:

DH and I took the LO's to a town about an hour away yesterday to go shopping for them since they were both out of clothes. We go most of it done and then boom all of a sudden DS gets diarrhea! It was horrible! Before we'd even left the parking lot he'd gone through 3 pairs of underwear. I had to go back in to one of the stores and get more underwear. We then had to go eat because Clara was starving as were we. He went like 5 times while we ate supper. Then we had to load up for the hour drive and hope like heck he made it. Thankfully, he fell asleep on the way so it wasn't a problem. Got home and on and on it went til he went to bed last night. This morning he's only pooped about 5 times and none this afternoon. And yes, for those wondering, diarrhea with a newly potty trained kid is as bad as you think it's going to be!!!!

oh man, that sounds rough. poor little guy:( did he eat something that didn't agree with him?

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"janijanis" wrote:

oh man, that sounds rough. poor little guy:( did he eat something that didn't agree with him?

nah, I think he just had a bug. thankfully, it was just coming out one end and he was actually fine otherwise, nice and crazy still Smile

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Poor little guy. Hope he's feeling better quickly.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Hmmm there is a yummy looking icing option which uses marshmellow fluff, I know a supermarket where I used to live carried it so might check it out here and see if the one here does. Might also see if they sell gel colours. I'll try with liquid but the gel seem to get a much nicer blue

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

I'm still not sure whether I'm sending him to school tomorrow though. He hasn't had a loose poop since before noon today but still, I don't want him to have to go through all that with a teacher or take the chance of getting other kids sick.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

maybe just see how he is in the morning.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

ooo, marshmallow creme in icing, oh yeah, that can't be bad!

Wendy- if you are looking at a steam mop, I'd definitely get online and research them, they are not all created equal. some of them get terrible reviews.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I will research and also talk to some people hubby used to work with, they always give us the truth because they respect hubby.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"janijanis" wrote:

maybe just see how he is in the morning.

that's sort of the problem though. we don't exactly have a "morning" on preschool days. we like to sleep in until we only have about 45 minutes to all of us fed, dressed and get out the door to drive to school Lol

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Right starting my cake. I hope it turns out. I will be back and forth so I can keep talking, I can't get the wifi working.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"ange84" wrote:

Right starting my cake. I hope it turns out. I will be back and forth so I can keep talking, I can't get the wifi working.

*fingers crossed* for your cake. i'm starting to nod off already, it's only 8:30 and I went to bed early last night. i'm exhausted today and I haven't done a thing.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I've been having to go to bed early because Ronin will not sleep lately unless I am holding him down next to me. I end up drifting off as well. One day he will sleep.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"ange84" wrote:

I've been having to go to bed early because Ronin will not sleep lately unless I am holding him down next to me. I end up drifting off as well. One day he will sleep.

someday he will. someday, when he's a teenager, you'll be begging him to get out of bed Smile

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Yup pretty sure in his teens I will be yelling at him to get his butt out of bed constantly and wishing for these days wehn he wouldn't sleep so much

TiggersMommy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/14/10
Posts: 6043

I'm just now thinking I should make Teagan a smash cake for her photo shoot and let her have a cupcake at the party. Why do I do this to myself?

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"TiggersMommy" wrote:

I'm just now thinking I should make Teagan a smash cake for her photo shoot and let her have a cupcake at the party. Why do I do this to myself?

Biggrin Because you're crazy

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

because you don't want to look back later and say "i wish i did that":)

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I asked my Dad to do some smash cake photos but he hasn't set up a time to do it so I haven't thought of one yet.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

i'm really excited for Lucas' smash cake photos.

TiggersMommy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/14/10
Posts: 6043

There's marshmallow fondant and what else? Marshmallows aren't vegetarian.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Wow thats one huge cake mix, when it comes to the real cake I should get the two cakes I need from the one mix.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I just do plain vienna cream most of the time, butter, icing sugar and milk

TiggersMommy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/14/10
Posts: 6043

Fondant probably won't look as cool all smooshed on her face, huh? Maybe I'll do a giant cupcake.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"TiggersMommy" wrote:

Fondant probably won't look as cool all smooshed on her face, huh? Maybe I'll do a giant cupcake.

A giant cupcake is a really good idea!

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Have you seen the tins for giant cupcakes? I know a cheap store here has them pretty cheap and cake tins don't go off. You could also look to see if anyone hires them.

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

"janijanis" wrote:

And people wonder why we don't like him getting sick.

People actually wonder this?! P

"TiggersMommy" wrote:

There's marshmallow fondant and what else? Marshmallows aren't vegetarian.

They aren't? I did not know that.

"TiggersMommy" wrote:

Fondant probably won't look as cool all smooshed on her face, huh? Maybe I'll do a giant cupcake.

I've decided against the fondant icing for Lyla's cake. I didn't like how it tasted and I'd rather have a cake that tastes great instead of a cake that just looks great. I'm also doing a giant cupcake as her smash cake! I bought a special pan for it and everything. I'm so excited!

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

Anna, it appears that way.

i'm going to make two cakes. one with fondant, one without and I'm going to give him a big piece of one without fondant.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Is it just me who is not doing a smash cake for their little ones party? In my family we just let them go at the big cake, nothing like a little hand print in the cake and we just eat around that part or just eat it because I will wash his hands before cake time.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Why do I have Dr Phil on, My brain is going to rot

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"ange84" wrote:

Is it just me who is not doing a smash cake for their little ones party? In my family we just let them go at the big cake, nothing like a little hand print in the cake and we just eat around that part or just eat it because I will wash his hands before cake time.

This is exactly what we do too Smile

"ange84" wrote:

Why do I have Dr Phil on, My brain is going to rot

Yes, it is!

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

There is very little choice on daytime tv here. It's mainly background noise

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

I haven't had daytime tv on in FOREVER. I'm a radio person myself.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"ange84" wrote:

Is it just me who is not doing a smash cake for their little ones party? In my family we just let them go at the big cake, nothing like a little hand print in the cake and we just eat around that part or just eat it because I will wash his hands before cake time.

i've never heard of anyone doing that:p we arn't doing an actual smash cake. In my family we just give him a big piece and let him go at it. I have actually never seen anyone in DH's family do this at a party so I am sure some people might think I am weird. Ah well, nothing new there.;)

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

i watch Dr. Phil! most days. some days he is boring

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

"momW" wrote:

I haven't had daytime tv on in FOREVER. I'm a radio person myself.

The radio is terrible here, we get a couple of local stations, one plays nothing that was released after about 1960 and has lots of talkback radio, the other has terrible annoucers and moist of the day terrible music interspered with one or two decent songs an hour.

We can't download music with our internet company so even going that way doesn't work. I might have to set hubby's speakers up on the computer and stream the top 40 count down

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

"janijanis" wrote:

i watch Dr. Phil! most days. some days he is boring

Today it's some mother who has 5 kids to 5 different guys and she pretty much neglects her kids.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"ange84" wrote:

The radio is terrible here, we get a couple of local stations, one plays nothing that was released after about 1960 and has lots of talkback radio, the other has terrible annoucers and moist of the day terrible music interspered with one or two decent songs an hour.

We can't download music with our internet company so even going that way doesn't work. I might have to set hubby's speakers up on the computer and stream the top 40 count down

Oh wow, I couldn't do it! I'm a music-aholic, I always have music on.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"ange84" wrote:

Today it's some mother who has 5 kids to 5 different guys and she pretty much neglects her kids.

i'd watch that. lol maybe that one will be on tomorrow afternoon

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"janijanis" wrote:

i've never heard of anyone doing that:p we arn't doing an actual smash cake. In my family we just give him a big piece and let him go at it. I have actually never seen anyone in DH's family do this at a party so I am sure some people might think I am weird. Ah well, nothing new there.;)

nothing wrong with weird. my MIL loves me but I know she thinks I'm wayyyy out there Smile

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

"momW" wrote:

Oh wow, I couldn't do it! I'm a music-aholic, I always have music on.

I am too, I love music, but we just have useless choices right now.

"janijanis" wrote:

i'd watch that. lol maybe that one will be on tomorrow afternoon

It's probably already been on over there, we are usually a few months behind I think. I think we get the Ellen show a day later, but Dr Phil is longer than that.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

my MIL thought I was weird today because i had a table cloth on my table. I don't think mine loves me though LOL

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"janijanis" wrote:

my MIL thought I was weird today because i had a table cloth on my table. I don't think mine loves me though LOL

ROFL right, well, you know those don't actually go on tables right :confused:

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Oh and my family already think I am the family nut job. None of them agree with any of my parenting practices, I am a freak for using cloth, still having Ronin rear facing and I'm sure I will be branded a freak for breast feeding past a year. I'll also be be keeping any co sleeping and lack of CIO a secret because they will all have to comment that I should either just drug him to sleep or let him scream all night long, which right now is a safety risk as he was crying the other day when he woke up and I didn't immediatly hear him and when I got in there he was pulling at the cot sides hard enough I was worried he would snap one and trying to climb out.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"momW" wrote:

ROFL right, well, you know those don't actually go on tables right :confused:

LOL well she didn't even say it to me she said it to DH. we have a glass/wrought iron kitchen table that i HATE HATE HATE. I asked DH what the heck we were supposed to put on it and he said she doesn't like covering her tables up lol. This is true i never see table cloths on her tables. Ours is hideous though so ya, I want it covered! plus the glass is a PITA to clean and the table cloth lets me be lazy. She does/says a lot of weird things

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"ange84" wrote:

Oh and my family already think I am the family nut job. None of them agree with any of my parenting practices, I am a freak for using cloth, still having Ronin rear facing and I'm sure I will be branded a freak for breast feeding past a year. I'll also be be keeping any co sleeping and lack of CIO a secret because they will all have to comment that I should either just drug him to sleep or let him scream all night long, which right now is a safety risk as he was crying the other day when he woke up and I didn't immediatly hear him and when I got in there he was pulling at the cot sides hard enough I was worried he would snap one and trying to climb out.

your in good company Wendy. I have seen the LOOK from family members several times. I'm sure they talk behind our back

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Mine say it right in front of me. It's all good I have always been the family weird one, I am the only to have gone on to University, was old when I got married all that kind of stuff. I'm used to it.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

i just get irritated because it's nobodys effing business and they make a big deal out of everything. i think a lot of it is culture and I am not used to it so I try to be understanding but sometimes it's hard.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Yeah it makes it hard when there are cultural considerations to keep in mind. Thankfully we don't have that to contend with and some days I relish my role of family nut job.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

hehe I'm glad you relish it;)

Pages

Topic locked