Chat Thread 13- Will Wendy be our next Queen? Stay tuned :)

1008 posts / 0 new
Last post
alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

I have a few friends who somehow got it early and they "invited" me to experience it. Figured FB was f'ed enough, might as well. lol. It's their "timeline." Definitely very different but I'm finding my way easily enough. It's REALLY easy now to find your old status updates! lol

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"laurensmitty1982" wrote:

Yes, and she apologized to her alot. They have had many phone conversations while this whole thing has been going on for the past few weeks. My friend said that she thinks that the girl was just young and naive like her, and really isnt mad at her because she believed his BS just like she believed his lies..

He is still begging her to stay saying he will change, but because of past issues, we all know he will never change.. My dh has even been involved in this drama when we were stationed with them at Luke.. Dh supposibly saw some videos too of him cheating when they first got married... He just told me this the other day.. He said there is no way he would told me sooner because they were still married and he didnt want to get involved. Im so glad she is leaving.. but it sucks because she has nothing now. She never finished her education, has no trade, no money, nothing. She is going to live with her sister and look for a job and hopefully finish college. They have one daughter together but he raised her first daughter since she was 6months old and thinks that he is her real father.

A long term thing like that is too much for me. I might (with time and lots of counseling) forgive DH for a one time slip up (not that I think he'd ever do that in a billion years since the man doesn't know how to hit on a woman lol), but 2 years?! Yeah, I don't think I could ever forgive and move on past that for us to stay married.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"laurensmitty1982" wrote:

Yes, and she apologized to her alot. They have had many phone conversations while this whole thing has been going on for the past few weeks. My friend said that she thinks that the girl was just young and naive like her, and really isnt mad at her because she believed his BS just like she believed his lies..

poor girl, it would be hard to be so angry at someone who had no clue. I hope she can figure things out and get everything straightened out. She deserves it for herself and kids.

Jackie, I havn't heard anything about it.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483
AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

"alwayssmile" wrote:

A long term thing like that is too much for me. I might (with time and lots of counseling) forgive DH for a one time slip up (not that I think he'd ever do that in a billion years since the man doesn't know how to hit on a woman lol), but 2 years?! Yeah, I don't think I could ever forgive and move on past that for us to stay married.

You are a better woman than me, Jackie. I couldn't even forgive a one time slip up. I would never be able to fully trust that it wouldn't happen again. I've watched some episodes of "Unfaithful" and it all sounds good in theory, but for me there would always be that bit of doubt.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

It would NOT be easy Anna. But I would try. That's about all I can say is that I will try if ever in that situation, but not sure if it would ever work out in the end.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

I really don't know what I would do in that situation. I'd like to say I'd try, but I don't know.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

I'm really grateful that my husband is a complete nerd and has never hit on a girl a day in his life. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know how to have an affair. lol.

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

"alwayssmile" wrote:

It would NOT be easy Anna. But I would try. That's about all I can say is that I will try if ever in that situation, but not sure if it would ever work out in the end.

I hope none of us ever have to find out what we would actually do in such a situation. And I know I only met your DH once for a short time, but I highly doubt that you have anything to worry about (but you know that already :D)

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

My DH doesn't worry me either. He was cheated on by an ex once and ended up with crabs! (That's how he found out!) I know how he feels about being cheated on and he wouldn't do that to anyone else. He also knows how I feel about cheating and what he would lose.

laurensmitty1982's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 07/30/06
Posts: 1117

Dh knows that if he was ever to do anything whether it was a slip up or full blown affair I would be gone.. To me there is no oopsie when it comes to that kind of stuff.

I do hope none of us will ever have to go through what she is because I cant even imagine the emotions she is having...

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

To me an affair of any type is a sign that something isn't right with the marriage. I can't say what's the right thing to do in other relationships, but I know for DH and I a slip up of any kind (to me an affair isn't just having sex, there are also emotional affairs) signals something is missing in our marriage. We might be able to fix that and be stronger in the long run. But a long term affair is a sign that the marriage doesn't exist and is over. Sad

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Okay, time for another drink since the kid is still asleep. Lol

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

"alwayssmile" wrote:

To me an affair of any type is a sign that something isn't right with the marriage. I can't say what's the right thing to do in other relationships, but I know for DH and I a slip up of any kind (to me an affair isn't just having sex, there are also emotional affairs) signals something is missing in our marriage. We might be able to fix that and be stronger in the long run. But a long term affair is a sign that the marriage doesn't exist and is over. Sad

I agree with this statement. I read a quote once that said, Cheating is anything that you wouldn't do if you spouse was watching.

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

"alwayssmile" wrote:

Okay, time for another drink since the kid is still asleep. Lol

Yay! Gotta love sleeping babies.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"AnnaRO" wrote:

Yay! Gotta love sleeping babies.

Thank God he sleeps now! I was about ready to be committed there for awhile.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"alwayssmile" wrote:

http://theoatmeal.com/quiz/velociraptor_bed

I shared this one with Erin on FB. lol.

60 seconds

"janijanis" wrote:

language choice does not change for me either. I don't think babies mind the high tone, but i find i talk that way with little kids and it bothers me.

It's called Motherese actually Smile

Well, we got some bad news tonight. The buyers for our house backed out Sad

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Oh no! Sad So sorry Christa. Any idea why?

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

"alwayssmile" wrote:

Thank God he sleeps now! I was about ready to be committed there for awhile.

Your next one will probably STTN starting at about 4 weeks! How awesome would that be?

How are things on the TTC. . I mean NTNP front?

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

What?! Why Christa?? I thought all was a go there.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"AnnaRO" wrote:

Your next one will probably STTN starting at about 4 weeks! How awesome would that be?

How are things on the TTC. . I mean NTNP front?

Well, remember my story from when our friends surprised DH by being in town? The random unused HPT made my husband panic for about 30 seconds. But then earlier this week right before I told DH that I had EWCM and was fertile. The man said, "That's great! I want lots of kids." I'm pretty sure the 4 vodka drinks he had were talking though. :rolleyes: So we'll see. I at least have a REAL chance this cycle! lol.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"alwayssmile" wrote:

Oh no! Sad So sorry Christa. Any idea why?

She wants it BAD but now her DH told her he doesn't want to borrow against the equity they have in the ground they own to get the money for the downpayment. She thinks someone in his family talked him out of it this last week. She's p!ssed. I'm upset cause we just spent 2 hours today at the other house doing measurements and taking pictures and ideas about how to make it work and now this...

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

oh great Christa I wikipedia'ed that and I use some of those words!

that sucks did you find out why?:(

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

I hope she can get him back on board for your sake! :grouphug: This is turning out to be a very frustrating process for you.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"janijanis" wrote:

oh great Christa I wikipedia'ed that and I use some of those words!

It's a developmental thing, it's actually good for them

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

how disappointing :bighug:

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"alwayssmile" wrote:

I hope she can get him back on board for your sake! :grouphug: This is turning out to be a very frustrating process for you.

It really is getting very frustrating. Especially after being in it today and really getting a feel for how it would all flow and then BAM, nothing. I was getting very excited about getting into town too. I'm just beyond words upset and ready to just give it all up and become a freaking taxi like the fates apparently want me to.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

ya I saw that part, that makes it a bit better

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"momW" wrote:

It really is getting very frustrating. Especially after being in it today and really getting a feel for how it would all flow and then BAM, nothing. I was getting very excited about getting into town too. I'm just beyond words upset and ready to just give it all up and become a freaking taxi like the fates apparently want me to.

Maybe the 3rd time is the charm?

(I suddenly feel like da ja vu which I can't spell at all)

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

you could still find someone interested

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"alwayssmile" wrote:

I hope she can get him back on board for your sake! :grouphug: This is turning out to be a very frustrating process for you.

I'm sure he's sleeping on the couch tonight. I hate the thought of telling the other house owner we have to back out now. She's the executor of the estate and she changed her airline ticket around to get the paperwork going for us and is staying in town an extra 4 days for it.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"janijanis" wrote:

you could still find someone interested

yeah we probably could but the other house won't last on the market at the price she has on it.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

ok, DH and i are having this debate how do you ladies pronounce garage?

garahge or garawge?

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

on a better note though, we went to a birthday party for a friend of ours tonight and had a lot of fun. they have 2 girls around the same age as our two LO's and they all had so much fun playing. I'm exhausted now though. they were up way too late and it's a church morning tomorrow so this should be really fun :rolleyes:

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"momW" wrote:

yeah we probably could but the other house won't last on the market at the price she has on it.

aw:( i wish finding/selling a house wasn't so complicated

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

"momW" wrote:

I'm sure he's sleeping on the couch tonight. I hate the thought of telling the other house owner we have to back out now. She's the executor of the estate and she changed her airline ticket around to get the paperwork going for us and is staying in town an extra 4 days for it.

What about those other people that lowballed you and then came back to see the house again?

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"janijanis" wrote:

ok, DH and i are having this debate how do you ladies pronounce garage?

garahge or garawge?

garahge

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"momW" wrote:

garahge

thank you, I win:D

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"AnnaRO" wrote:

What about those other people that lowballed you and then came back to see the house again?

i asked my realtor about them and she said they are stuck on the price, they want it for around $240k and I'm not selling for less than $260k. I told her i'd like to steal a house like that too but it's not going to happen. Our last appraisal over 2 years ago put the house at $260k and I know the value has gone up since then cause I've seen what ground is selling for. A guy down the road just sold 5 acres for $61000 :eek:

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

I guess garahge. I've also heard it pronounced garadge. . . which annoys me. Yup, I'm easily annoyed.

Christa, you are making me really nervous about having to go through this whole buying/selling thing. We had an easy flawless close when we bought this house, but we also moved from an apartment. I hope you guys can get it worked out.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"janijanis" wrote:

thank you, I win:D

glad to help Biggrin silly DH's, why do they think they can beat us at anything?!

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"janijanis" wrote:

ok, DH and i are having this debate how do you ladies pronounce garage?

garahge or garawge?

I have no idea which spelling is for what pronunciation. I say it like a normal human being who isn't a Yankee. Does that help? ROFL

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

I'm sure you'll be fine Anna! Just take your time. Smile

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

"momW" wrote:

i asked my realtor about them and she said they are stuck on the price, they want it for around $240k and I'm not selling for less than $260k. I told her i'd like to steal a house like that too but it's not going to happen. Our last appraisal over 2 years ago put the house at $260k and I know the value has gone up since then cause I've seen what ground is selling for. A guy down the road just sold 5 acres for $61000 :eek:

Well the appraisal info in public information isn't it? So they should certainly understand that! And for a house to sell at the appraisal amount is generally considered a great deal in my experience since most people price it way above that.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

i spelled it how you would pronounce it. I know some british people pronounce it gareage which is just bizarre to me:p

Christa, I know right? I don't know why he bothers sometimes

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"AnnaRO" wrote:

I guess garahge. I've also heard it pronounced garadge. . . which annoys me. Yup, I'm easily annoyed.

Christa, you are making me really nervous about having to go through this whole buying/selling thing. We had an easy flawless close when we bought this house, but we also moved from an apartment. I hope you guys can get it worked out.

I'm not a sugar coater so I'm just gonna say, yes, it sucks! I have no idea how people do this often. I have a SIL who has moved with her DH and 3 kids 4 times over the last 10 years. Before, that didn't seem bad, but now that I'm just barely into this :eek: is all I have to say!

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

Christa, my uncle moved every couple of years. Always down the street or in the same area.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"momW" wrote:

I'm not a sugar coater so I'm just gonna say, yes, it sucks! I have no idea how people do this often. I have a SIL who has moved with her DH and 3 kids 4 times over the last 10 years. Before, that didn't seem bad, but now that I'm just barely into this :eek: is all I have to say!

I don't either! We know a lot of military families who buy every time they move. We just can not handle that stress! So we're going to continue to rent everywhere we go for the next 15 years. MAYBE if we find the PERFECT area we want to retire in a find a great deal we might buy a house. But pretty doubtful. Till then we'll just slowly work on a downpayment and we'll have a great one in 15 years. Lol

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"AnnaRO" wrote:

Well the appraisal info in public information isn't it? So they should certainly understand that! And for a house to sell at the appraisal amount is generally considered a great deal in my experience since most people price it way above that.

That's what I thought too. I'm just not sure I'm in a position to be ready to publicly list the house. Just showing it to that one couple 3 times was really exhausting.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"janijanis" wrote:

Christa, my uncle moved every couple of years. Always down the street or in the same area.

ugh, that sounds tiring.

Pages