Chat Thread 14 - Where Wendy will be Queen!

1008 posts / 0 new
Last post
AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033
Chat Thread 14 - Where Wendy will be Queen!

Hi

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I still have quite a few posts to go.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Just under 500 in fact

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

You can do it!! I have faith in you!

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

i need to catch up!!!! lol

Wendy, can you do it online? if you just need to get another without a picture or anything there must be an easier way then in person? through the mail?? I think we can do ours online unless we need a picture. You must have had a nice cop, if I tried explaining that situation I probably would have gotten a ticket.:rolleyes:

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

So we can pick up where we left off.

"alwayssmile" wrote:

Any creative titles for our next thread? Wink

"janijanis" wrote:

wait, how does that work there Wendy? You don't have your driver's license? like the card, what happens if you get pulled over?

"janijanis" wrote:

would you be upset if your LO's went around saying omg when they learn to talk?

"alwayssmile" wrote:

You've been driving around without a license?! :eek:

"alwayssmile" wrote:

ROFL

I'd rather hear "O. M. G." than the "oh my God." But then I'd wonder if he was part valley girl.

"janijanis" wrote:

LOL that's what I meant, "oh my God"

"ange84" wrote:

Yeah, in my defence I have tried to go get a new one a couple of times on my lunch break but after waiting 40 minutes and I only get 45minutes for lunch I had to leave. There were still a couple of people ahead of me as well. They are only open the hours I am at work as well.
I was pulled over for a random breath check and when they did the license check I explained the situation and they took my detals and radioed through to the station to check I had a valid licence.

"AnnaRO" wrote:

I started the next thread. Biggrin
ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

We can do renewals online but I will need a new picture I think as I don't have the previous one and they are chaging our the look of them. When I renewed they just gave me a sticker which is a pain because it goes on the back and the expiry date of the original was on the front so I would use it for id and get told it wasn't valid and had expired.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I tried calling them to find out and they have hung up while putting me on hold more than once.

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

I LOVE Chic-Fil-A! Especially their waffle fries and the chicken is SUPER tasty. We have at least 4 Subway's here and there are at least 2 that I refuse to go to, and some of the others are a hit and miss for me.

I'm not at all big on KFC chicken, but their sides are pretty good. I eat McDonalds about once every 6 months when I'm desperate or have an odd craving. I hate fast food burgers that aren't hot enough to melt the cheese. Yuck! I like to open up the burger and have it steaming! Sonic used to do that here for me, but I've had some less that steaming hot burgers there in recent times.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

wow! If I was pulled over w/o I license I know I would have gotten a ticket. Heck, I can get a ticket for living in Texas without a Texas license! Most cops wouldn't give me one though as soon as I showed them my military ID though.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"ange84" wrote:

We can do renewals online but I will need a new picture I think as I don't have the previous one and they are chaging our the look of them. When I renewed they just gave me a sticker which is a pain because it goes on the back and the expiry date of the original was on the front so I would use it for id and get told it wasn't valid and had expired.

:eek: that sounds confusing!! wtf a sticker you put on your driver's license? we only get those for temporary licenses while we are waiting for our new one to come in the mail. Ours have holograms and everything. They are high tech lol

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"ange84" wrote:

I tried calling them to find out and they have hung up while putting me on hold more than once.

do they have an FAQ on the website?

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"AnnaRO" wrote:

I LOVE Chic-Fil-A! Especially their waffle fries and the chicken is SUPER tasty. We have at least 4 Subway's here and there are at least 2 that I refuse to go to, and some of the others are a hit and miss for me.

I'm not at all big on KFC chicken, but their sides are pretty good. I eat McDonalds about once every 6 months when I'm desperate or have an odd craving. I hate fast food burgers that aren't hot enough to melt the cheese. Yuck! I like to open up the burger and have it steaming! Sonic used to do that here for me, but I've had some less that steaming hot burgers there in recent times.

Sonic burgers aren't nearly as good as they used to be. If I get a meal from them it's their crispy chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun or one of their fancy breakfast burritos. I love the one with jalapenos.

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

"janijanis" wrote:

You must have had a nice cop, if I tried explaining that situation I probably would have gotten a ticket.:rolleyes:

Me too! I have NEVER been pulled over and NOT got a ticket! I hate it! My BFF was always the pretty one who never gets a ticket.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"alwayssmile" wrote:

wow! If I was pulled over w/o I license I know I would have gotten a ticket. Heck, I can get a ticket for living in Texas without a Texas license! Most cops wouldn't give me one though as soon as I showed them my military ID though.

DH got a ticket because he didn't renew his sticker on time. He even had the paperwork in the car as he was going after work but the cop wasn't buying it.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Here's a challenge for you Janice, get your crowns before you go back to work AND before I hit 10,000 posts. Lol

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"AnnaRO" wrote:

Me too! I have NEVER been pulled over and NOT got a ticket! I hate it! My BFF was always the pretty one who never gets a ticket.

I have been lucky enough to not ever be pulled over yet.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Guess what's on it's way to my house?!

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/57837711

:mrgreen:

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

"janijanis" wrote:

:eek: that sounds confusing!! wtf a sticker you put on your driver's license? we only get those for temporary licenses while we are waiting for our new one to come in the mail. Ours have holograms and everything. They are high tech lol

Prior to the new style if yoiu changed address or had your license renewed they just printed a sticker to go on the back and that was all.
The new ones are more like a key card apprantly and are supposed to be harder to forge.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"alwayssmile" wrote:

Here's a challenge for you Janice, get your crowns before you go back to work AND before I hit 10,000 posts. Lol

i really do need to get them before i go back. Otherwise it will take months:p

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Sooooo cute Jackie

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"alwayssmile" wrote:

Guess what's on it's way to my house?!

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/57837711

:mrgreen:

d'aw!!! i love brown and blue together.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

"AnnaRO" wrote:

Me too! I have NEVER been pulled over and NOT got a ticket! I hate it! My BFF was always the pretty one who never gets a ticket.

I get pulled over for random breath tests all the time. It's not so bad now I can go a different way in and out of town. They love setting up just down the road from Ronin's daycare.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

I'm excited! I want to take some 1 year photos in it. And I think I'm going to make my own owl outfit for him for Halloween since I can't find anything cool enough to wear here. Though watch me find out tomorrow that we're moving in a month. ha ha.

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

My driver's license pictures used to be decent. But it seems like every time I take one now it's worse than the one before. And the DMV office here is weird with their pictures. The camera is way up high and they tell you to look at this one spot thats low and then you look up with your eyes. It makes me look super p!ssed and somewhat evil. When I got my most recent DL 4 years ago I kept meaning to 'lose' it so I could get a redo, but I never got around to it and then I got pg. . .

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"ange84" wrote:

I get pulled over for random breath tests all the time. It's not so bad now I can go a different way in and out of town. They love setting up just down the road from Ronin's daycare.

i hardly ever see these and I have never been pulled over for one. Actually, I don't even think they make you do it unless they are suspicious. They are usually out around holidays, that's when i see them.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

They used to do stickers WAY back in the day. But I think all US licenses have to be able to be scanned for their info. Like driving on the base here. If you don't have a military ID, you have to have a driver's license (even if you're not the driver). They scan all IDs as you enter.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"alwayssmile" wrote:

I'm excited! I want to take some 1 year photos in it. And I think I'm going to make my own owl outfit for him for Halloween since I can't find anything cool enough to wear here. Though watch me find out tomorrow that we're moving in a month. ha ha.

omg Jackie!! one year photos in that hat would be so cute

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I haven't had a new lisecen photo taken in 7 years.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

our licenses get scanned/swiped at casinos. That's about it.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Our RBT's are very active here, but we also have a main highway that passes right through town. They have also had new recruits on station duty recently so speed cameras and RBTs are out in full force at those times. I know where they put the spped cameras though and none are one my normal drive now so I haven't seen one is awhile.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

The next time DH is in TN he's going to put me on the car title (technically the car is in only his name b/c otherwise it was going to be a major pain to get the tags for it). Once that's done, I can be an official state of TN resident. I should be able to get away with having a TN license in most states then as long as I'm not working.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

ours probably should be out more. Every long weekend someone always dies on the highway from being stupid.

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

"ange84" wrote:

I get pulled over for random breath tests all the time. It's not so bad now I can go a different way in and out of town. They love setting up just down the road from Ronin's daycare.

I'm pretty sure that's illegal here in the states. I think they have to have reasonable cause to breath test you. They do insurance check points though.

Oh! I did get pulled over once without getting a ticket! I forgot to turn my headlights on when I was leaving a bar with a friend (bright street lights) and the cop made me do a field sobriety test and let me go! I NEVER drink and drive. My brother was in a passenger in a car accident where the driver was killed when they were hit by a drunk driver in 2001.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Anna, that's one thing I'm going to miss about living on base. I won't be able to drink at the base club and walk home. Lol

We had a lot of expensive cab rides home when we lived in Vegas. lol

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

They can test anyone at anytime for alcohol here, you just have to blow into the machine. I got tested twice in one night a couple of months back when picking hubby up from work.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

i never drink and drive either. we always took cabs or had someone get us. DH very rarely drinks anymore so he is my DD;)

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"ange84" wrote:

They can test anyone at anytime for alcohol here, you just have to blow into the machine. I got tested twice in one night a couple of months back when picking hubby up from work.

That's crazy! You can't do that here.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

here either. unless they think you are drunk

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I'm always the designated driver because hubby doesn't drive. Taxis are too expensive so I just forgo drinking. My Mum is going to pick me up from my school reunion so I can have a drink if I want but I'm pretty sure I'll have a little guy who will want a feed when I get home after screaming all night at Mormor because he wants Mummy to go to sleep.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

They just set up on the side of the road, flag cars down and test. You'll have 2 or 3 coppers some days doing the tests with another flagging cars down.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483
ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I saw that the other day, it took me awhile to get it.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

Wendy, I couldn't survive as the only driver!! I don't drive in the snow so we wouldn't make it!!! lol

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

We don't have snow here. I learnt to drive in the wet season so I'm pretty confident on driving int he wet.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

omg! no way would aiden be smiling in that last photo!

http://pinterest.com/pin/242884579/

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

I don't do snow. As it is I'm going to have to buy more winter clothes just to survive a NC winer. Lol

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

Rain is fine, I get slightly nervous at night in the rain if i can't see the lines, but i am generally fine. Snow makes me anxious, any accidents i have had have been in the snow due to inexperience. I guess I should get over it, I just go into panic mode if the car starts sliding and I do all the wrong things. I know what I am supposed to do when the car slides, i just don't think and I panic. Bleh!! i will drive in the winter if the roads arn't covered though. Otherwise I make DH drive or wait for a better day.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Aww I love that photo series.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"alwayssmile" wrote:

omg! no way would aiden be smiling in that last photo!

http://pinterest.com/pin/242884579/

haha I don't think we would have smiling here either

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Pages