Chat Thread 18- Bring it on 2012!

1007 posts / 0 new
Last post
alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"AnnaRO" wrote:

Jackie, Joee is girlisrad. She replied to Christa's thread, so she's easy to find.

Thanks.

"redneckgirl82884" wrote:

Everyone will be freaking out like Y2K again.

Probably! lol.

"BuckeyeK" wrote:

They've said the world is ending many times in the past and so far we're all still going.

I"m not too worried! lol

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"redneckgirl82884" wrote:

Ah, nap time Smile

Just got Aiden down myself! Smile

This kid is finally down to just 1 nap and he's finally stretching the one nap out longer than an hour! Yahoo

BuckeyeK's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 10/23/06
Posts: 3087

"alwayssmile" wrote:

Just got Aiden down myself! Smile

This kid is finally down to just 1 nap and he's finally stretching the one nap out longer than an hour! Yahoo

Yay!!! That has to feel good!

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"BuckeyeK" wrote:

I love using family names, either as first or middle names. DH and I used our middle names for the girls. DD1 has my middle name, DD2 has his. His middle name is Lauren, he was named after his great grandfather, and at the time Lauren (or Loren) was used for boys. DH has always hated it as his middle name, and says he has now passed it on to the correct gender. I really love the name Lauren and wanted it for her first name.

I knew a guy years ago who's name was Loren, it was a family name for him as well.

"BuckeyeK" wrote:

Happy New Year, Wendy! What is 2012 like? Do we have flying cars yet?!

ROFL

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

I just put DS's coat and shoes on and sent him outside with DH. I'm exhausted and I just can't take DS anymore. I opened the door and told DH I'm tagging out, he's all his now! I know DH is working really hard on the house but these kids are making me crazy and I don't want to deal with them right now.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

I really shouldn't post about happy things like Aiden napping. Cause kid slept exactly an hour today. :roll: Hopefully it's enough to keep him going until 9pm cause I wanna see the fireworks downtown at 8pm!!! Blum 3

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"momW" wrote:

I just put DS's coat and shoes on and sent him outside with DH. I'm exhausted and I just can't take DS anymore. I opened the door and told DH I'm tagging out, he's all his now! I know DH is working really hard on the house but these kids are making me crazy and I don't want to deal with them right now.

I just have one kid and there are times when DH gets home and I announce that AIiden is HIS son and HIS responsibility. Lol

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

looks like we will have company for new years after all. Our friends from college are going to come over. For the past 6 years we have spent every new years together except 1 year. no passing out on the couch at 9 for me tonight Lol

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Yup I am in the future, it's so good, but they said if I told you what it's like they would have to kill me Smile
Sure come and visit i'm good with that. We are headed to the beach sometime today
I still can't get in on my computer, I even log in on the main part of the site and it says I am logged in, but when i get to the board i'm not and it is hard to keep up with the tablet

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Wendy, maybe try clearing your cookies and such if you haven't. I know that's one of their recommendations if you have issues with pg.org right now. And totally jealous that you get to go to the beach for new year's day! Blum 3

Janice, sounds like fun! Smile

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I just cleared them and still no luck.
We might not be going to the beach now, it just started pouring so we will see what it's like this afternoon. Would it be totally wrong of me to drop hubby and Ronin there for three hours to watch harry potter in peace? I didn't even think of it last week.

BuckeyeK's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 10/23/06
Posts: 3087

"ange84" wrote:

Yup I am in the future, it's so good, but they said if I told you what it's like they would have to kill me Smile

Lol

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

Wendy, i was having log in problems before too, it drove me nuts.

DH and I are watching American Pie and I had a thought. It's bizarre to me how kids that are the age i was when this movie came out has no idea about this movie! This was the movie when I was in highschool and it's weird to think it doesn't exist to some kids Blum 3

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

How did you fix the logging in issue Janice? I remember being so excited to go and se American pie with my friends when we were in grade twelve I think. It was the movie to see and you were so behind if you hadn't seen it

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

the second one is on next! Biggrin i love the music too, makes me feel like i am in highschool again

I am pretty sure I cleared my cookies and restarted the computer. you said that didn't work for you though Sad

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I email led mMissy, it says I am logged in on the main part of the site but when it comes to the forums it says i'm not, it's a bit confusing. Still holding out for the beach today. They have some boy band on TV now which totally reminds me of being young and all the boy band hype back then

redneckgirl82884's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 12/17/08
Posts: 955

Oh the boy bands. I loved American pie except i was in band...band camp.....and...i played...yup, the flute.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"redneckgirl82884" wrote:

Oh the boy bands. I loved American pie except i was in band...band camp.....and...i played...yup, the flute.

ROFL That had to have been fun. Wink

I was in h/s band when the movie came out, but at least I played the clarinet. lol

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

So the event downtown was a total bust. There were a few hundred people there and not enough actives at all compared to how they hyped it up. There was one little table for face painting, 3 bounce houses, the "petting zoo" was cats and dogs only :lol:, and the magic show had a magician so old I was waiting for him to die while on stage. Aiden ran around chasing other kids who refused to play with him and then we came home. It is very windy outside and I'm pretty sure they cancelled the fireworks.
FAIL! Blum 3

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

Awe, Jackie that sucks that the downtown thing was such a bust. I hate overhyped events. False advertising.

DH just left for his gig. They don't allow smoking in public places in this town anymore so I thought about going for a little bit with Lyla, but they don't start playing until 9 and I wouldn't want to keep Lyla out that late.

I was planning on finishing my new mai tai today, but it I never got to work on it. I cleaned the house this morning and then I made lunch, and then an old friend stopped by since she happened to be in town. Then as she was leaving, my IL's showed up and by the time they left it wasn't worth dragging everything out when I was going to have to start dinner soon. Maybe I'll catch my second wind after Lyla goes to sleep and work on it a bit then.

I can't believe 2011 is already over. Where does all that time go? And what is it about having kids that suddenly makes time go into warp speed?

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"redneckgirl82884" wrote:

Oh the boy bands. I loved American pie except i was in band...band camp.....and...i played...yup, the flute.

Biggrin

"alwayssmile" wrote:

So the event downtown was a total bust. There were a few hundred people there and not enough actives at all compared to how they hyped it up. There was one little table for face painting, 3 bounce houses, the "petting zoo" was cats and dogs only :lol:, and the magic show had a magician so old I was waiting for him to die while on stage. Aiden ran around chasing other kids who refused to play with him and then we came home. It is very windy outside and I'm pretty sure they cancelled the fireworks.
FAIL! Blum 3

My DD1 would call that an Epic Fail! At least you got out of the house though and it didn't involve Menards or take out so I'm a little jealous

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

I had all kinds of plans today but I ended up laying on the couch for a good portion of the afternoon. Maybe tomorrow...

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

"momW" wrote:

I had all kinds of plans today but I ended up laying on the couch for a good portion of the afternoon. Maybe tomorrow...

But you are in the first trimester getting over a traumatic scare. Milk it!

Who's going to kiss me at midnight?

redneckgirl82884's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 12/17/08
Posts: 955

"momW" wrote:

Biggrin

My DD1 would call that an Epic Fail! At least you got out of the house though and it didn't involve Menards or take out so I'm a little jealous

Omg. I love Menards!!

Boo that stinks Jackie. At least Aiden got to run around.

Anna look at it this way at least you get some kinda alone time?

redneckgirl82884's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 12/17/08
Posts: 955

:bigkiss::bigkiss::bigkiss:

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

So I bought Aiden a toy he didn't need today at Walmart of all places. I went there to return The Help to the Redbox there and there I spied the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Kitchen for $17!!!! Good grief that's cheap - Amazon has them for $45!

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"AnnaRO" wrote:

But you are in the first trimester getting over a traumatic scare. Milk it!

Who's going to kiss me at midnight?

I agree with enjoy the alone time! With luck Lyla will sleep well and you can kick up your feet and be useless. Smile

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

I can't get my husband to do anything tonight at all. He refuses to play cards. UGH. Aiden is still up though. Happy at least.

redneckgirl82884's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 12/17/08
Posts: 955

Madison is in bed and we're watching Disney channel.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Since apparently I killed chat Lol I'm going to make Aiden go to bed (Ha!) and break open the bubbly. Blum 3

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

Lyla has been in bed for about 10 minutes now. She didn't throw a fit for the first time in months, but I can see her on the video monitor playing with her feet. . . I guess she'll wind down and fall asleep in a few minutes.

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

Oh, and I am enjoying my alone time. After looking at the remote for a bit to remember how it works, I can watch whatever I want!! Biggrin

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"AnnaRO" wrote:

Oh, and I am enjoying my alone time. After looking at the remote for a bit to remember how it works, I can watch whatever I want!! Biggrin

Woo hoo! :mrgreen:

Broke open the bubbly. I had no idea which one I'd like, but this isn't too bad. Better than others sparkling wines I've had before. Smile

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Got my wrap in this afternoon! :mrgreen:

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Definitely need to work on tightening better and getting a better seat, but not too bad since I did this carry from memory. Smile

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"redneckgirl82884" wrote:

Omg. I love Menards!!

Boo that stinks Jackie. At least Aiden got to run around.

Anna look at it this way at least you get some kinda alone time?

I like it too the first 5 times this week Smile

And yes Anna, take advantage of the alone time and the fact that you get the remote all to yourself!!

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

So I forgot to take my cell off the charger this morning and wasn't within hearing distance of it. I just went to go get it and had 2 missed calls this morning, one from my mom and one from my dad. My parents don't call me. My sister wrecked my dad's little pickup last night. She driving down a dead end road and got too far into it before she saw the dead end sign and ended up up in the ditch. She cut her eyebrow open (with her glasses my mom thinks) and broke her nose. She's also having chest pains and mom thinks she hit her chest on the steering wheel. The truck was totaled. She refused to get medical attention, so I'm hoping that she doesn't have internal injuries.

I know I mentioned that my mom is concerned about her depression. Apparently, she went out for a drive to 'clear her head'.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

So the current state in my house hubby is sleeping on the hammock downstairs, Ronin is napping in his room, the house is a mess and I am playing on here , sounds good to me. Hubby asked about this afternoon if I wanted to go to the beach or clean the house, umm stuopid question

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"AnnaRO" wrote:

So I forgot to take my cell off the charger this morning and wasn't within hearing distance of it. I just went to go get it and had 2 missed calls this morning, one from my mom and one from my dad. My parents don't call me. My sister wrecked my dad's little pickup last night. She driving down a dead end road and got too far into it before she saw the dead end sign and ended up up in the ditch. She cut her eyebrow open (with her glasses my mom thinks) and broke her nose. She's also having chest pains and mom thinks she hit her chest on the steering wheel. The truck was totaled. She refused to get medical attention, so I'm hoping that she doesn't have internal injuries.

I know I mentioned that my mom is concerned about her depression. Apparently, she went out for a drive to 'clear her head'.

Oh wow. Sad ((hugs))

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"ange84" wrote:

So the current state in my house hubby is sleeping on the hammock downstairs, Ronin is napping in his room, the house is a mess and I am playing on here , sounds good to me. Hubby asked about this afternoon if I wanted to go to the beach or clean the house, umm stuopid question

ROFL Yeah, dumb. lol

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Yup he didn't think on that one. I did feel like saying you stay and clean i'm going to the beach but thought that would be mean.
Typing on the tablet is hard, I want to be able to use my computer er again

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

I bet typing is a pain on that! I love my iPad, but I don't choose it for internet when I have my computer around me too. I hope you're able to log on to your computer soon.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I hope so too. I am going to see if hubby will look at it tonight for me and see if he can work out if I am doing something wrong

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

This is turning into one of the most boring NYEs ever. Blum 3 DH won't even drink any bubbly with me. He's reading manga on my iPad. :roll:

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Oh Jackie, if I didn't have to drive this afternoon I would have a glass of bubbly so you weren't drinking alone. I've found here they seem to do nothing for new years unless you want to go out and just get stupid drunk, there is nothing for families. It seems only the young drinkers get to celebrate these days

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Last year we were visiting home (DS was baptized new year's day last year!), so we played games with my dad and sister. It was fun because I was at least DOING something. Blum 3

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

SIL showed up at the bar where DH is playing tonight. He texted me a pic of her there. I'm glad she's married now and there's a designated take care of drunk K person! This is a person who should NOT drink, but does so regularly.

I'm kind of enjoying sitting here in the peace and quiet watching whatever I want to watch.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

At least your going to see the new year in, I was asleep I am that boring. One day Ronin will sleep without me having to sleep at the same time. Most nights around here are boring, being home alone. I am sort of glad Ronin doesn't sleep too early, the alone time would ould be nice but I would get bored and lonely. I am going to try and get him in bed by &:#)/ &

redneckgirl82884's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 12/17/08
Posts: 955

Sorry to hear about your sister. Sad
Just got done playing the wii with DH and drinking diet Dr.pepper.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"redneckgirl82884" wrote:

Sorry to hear about your sister. Sad
Just got done playing the wii with DH and drinking diet Dr.pepper.

Wooo! wild nights all around! :mrgreen:

(though the wii sounds like a lot of fun!)

Pages