I'm am the only one with no AF yet?

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
KittyRN's picture
Joined: 02/03/09
Posts: 1260
I'm am the only one with no AF yet?

Hi ladies

Since we have some preggos and some talk of AF, I was just wondering if I'm the only one with no AF yet! It makes me worried for some reason, although I do enjoy her absence.

Anyone else?

jolly11sd's picture
Joined: 02/02/05
Posts: 3327

I think there are a few others. She took me down in June.

alwayssmile's picture
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Be thankful! lol. I know some women don't get it back till they completely wean.

laurensmitty1982's picture
Joined: 07/30/06
Posts: 1117

NO AF here,, Thank you AF for visiting all these other ladies and not me!!

KittyRN's picture
Joined: 02/03/09
Posts: 1260

"laurensmitty1982" wrote:

NO AF here,, Thank you AF for visiting all these other ladies and not me!!

LIKE! Lol

BuckeyeK's picture
Joined: 10/23/06
Posts: 3087

Totally normal, and you're totally lucky.

I had one AF when DD2 was 9 months, and she's been MIA since then. I'm on CD50 and nada. BFing hormones.....

Joined: 10/17/09
Posts: 631

LOL!!! Lol I got mine back like two weeks-ish ago .... I'm ok w it tho; and my bonus - AF only lasted 7 days and was only heavy for the first 2-3 days... It was a nice and easy AF...

TiggersMommy's picture
Joined: 02/14/10
Posts: 6043

No AF here! Part of the reason I'm still co-sleeping is hoping that it will help keep her away. She can stay away until net fall and I'd be more than happy :p. I've been having mild cramps off and on and its worrying me a tad. I have the Paraguard IUD and I've heard it can make cramps worse. Mine were never awful so if the IUD is causing these cramps when I'm not cycling I hope it won't make them unbearable when I am. Hopefully, these are completely unrelated and I'll be able to keep my IUD. I like it so much so far. I'm hoping it will be our solution until DH gets the big V when he's 40.

jperry5683's picture
Joined: 02/13/10
Posts: 525

No af here either! Although i will need her back soon. We want to ttc by the end of the year.

PeanutGirl's picture
Joined: 10/26/08
Posts: 345

No AF for me yet either. I've been at 4-5 nursing or pumping sessions per day for while now. When I drop my final pumping session in a few weeks, I will expect her to arrive shortly (As it happened last time.) Damn, it's been nice.

rubber_da_glove's picture
Joined: 12/31/07
Posts: 1527

I've had so many AF's in the last 2 months I think I'm making up for the ones that haven't had it yet!! I saw the doc last week and she said it's the pill I'm on. I'm seriously thinking of giving up BF so I can change pill and not have a period every other week!!!

KittyRN's picture
Joined: 02/03/09
Posts: 1260

Maybe I BF too much! LOL! I feel like I force boob on him alot. Lol

KittyRN's picture
Joined: 02/03/09
Posts: 1260

"rubber_da_glove" wrote:

I've had so many AF's in the last 2 months I think I'm making up for the ones that haven't had it yet!! I saw the doc last week and she said it's the pill I'm on. I'm seriously thinking of giving up BF so I can change pill and not have a period every other week!!!

Are you on the minipill? (progesterone only?) I was on that before when I was a teen and it caused me to have a period every 2 weeks as well. It's like I had a real period, then bleed around ovulation time too. It sucked! I think you can still try to BF on the combined pill but it's just very likely to dry up your milk.

rubber_da_glove's picture
Joined: 12/31/07
Posts: 1527

"KittyRN" wrote:

Are you on the minipill? (progesterone only?) I was on that before when I was a teen and it caused me to have a period every 2 weeks as well. It's like I had a real period, then bleed around ovulation time too. It sucked! I think you can still try to BF on the combined pill but it's just very likely to dry up your milk.

Yes, that's what I'm on. He only BFs once a day now anyway so I might keep going until he's 1 (it's only 7 weeks away Sad ) then change pill and stop. I had no AF for 8 months and one every other week since. It's driving me mental!!

abacaxi's picture
Joined: 02/27/10
Posts: 363

No AF here either. Not since December 2009. I'm dreading the return, since I usually end up incapacitated for the first day of it, and it sounds like the first post-pregnancy one is worse.

Joined: 06/09/06
Posts: 3264

no AF here, either. a girl on the twins board has 15 month olds (BF) and she STILL hasn't had AF.

i was kinda crampy earlier today, so maybe she's coming? who knows, i've thought this before in the past 10 months but it still hasn't happened yet!

alwayssmile's picture
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"rubber_da_glove" wrote:

Yes, that's what I'm on. He only BFs once a day now anyway so I might keep going until he's 1 (it's only 7 weeks away Sad ) then change pill and stop. I had no AF for 8 months and one every other week since. It's driving me mental!!

I knew you were having them more often, but didn't realize it was always every 2 weeks! That's awful and I would certainly be mental from that!!!

ange84's picture
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

No AF here either. I did have a twinge like crampiness last week (or was it the week before) and used an OPK and got a second line though not a positive, which is the first time since TTC, but didn't keep up with them so I may have O'd but not sure. It's helping keep the baby fever down but if she does turn up I don't know what I will do for baby fever

devermee's picture
Joined: 07/24/06
Posts: 239

Ughh!
I just started my 1st PP AF yesterday!! Sad
It was so nice for 18 months without it!!!!!!!

Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

she came back after i weaned him at 6 months. i have had two since and on CD 41 right now.

laurensmitty1982's picture
Joined: 07/30/06
Posts: 1117

"KittyRN" wrote:

Maybe I BF too much! LOL! I feel like I force boob on him alot. Lol

I think it just depends on how your body is. I bf my son and didnt get my AF with him until I weaned. And I am not really bfing at night anymore and she still hasnt returned..Unless you are trying to get prego, I say enjoy the freedom, otherwise I know how hard it would be to get prego.

Log in or register to post comments