OMGosh...TMI TMI TMI!

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
HorseMomma's picture
Joined: 06/29/04
Posts: 858
OMGosh...TMI TMI TMI!

Josie was cooing in her crib this AM...and I left her for a bit while I finished making breakfast for the other 2...I went to get her...and she had first taken her diaper off, THEN pooped...then was playing in it...There was poo everywhere...in her hair, she was squishing it in her hands, feet...MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think she was eating it??!??!!!!!! WTH?! Is she going to be OK!???????:eek::puke2:
I have bathed her like 10x...googled questions about eating it...they all said it would be OK, but seriously...how freaking AWFUL!?!!
IS there anything I should feed her??? to neutralize it or something...

momW's picture
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

It really is gross but it really truly will be okay. DD1 did that when she was little too. She was in the playpen, wiggled out of her poopy diaper and proceeded to play in it and eat it while I was showering. I barfed while I was cleaning her up and her dad just flat out left the house, he could not handle it. It was traumatizing for me but was like her first introduction to play doh. One day I promise you'll be able to laugh about it.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing that will, um, neutralize it or anything. Just give her plenty of drinks today to wash down the smell of poop on her breath or you're going to want to wretch every time you smell her breath.

laurensmitty1982's picture
Joined: 07/30/06
Posts: 1117

LMAO!! You are too funny! I know you are totally serious but I totally freaked out the first time I caught my dd1 in her own poop.. I seriously wanted to vomit.

I was so freaked I even called my doctor and they said it is fine and that nothing willh happen to her.. Just think she is just eating digested food that she already ate.. Just pretty diqusting since it sits in the intestines and rots and mixes with acids so thats why it smells so nasty!!

No worries!! PROMISE!! Just make sure you wash everything out, under her fingernails, etc..

HorseMomma's picture
Joined: 06/29/04
Posts: 858

"momW" wrote:

It really is gross but it really truly will be okay. DD1 did that when she was little too. She was in the playpen, wiggled out of her poopy diaper and proceeded to play in it and eat it while I was showering. I barfed while I was cleaning her up and her dad just flat out left the house, he could not handle it. It was traumatizing for me but was like her first introduction to play doh. One day I promise you'll be able to laugh about it.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing that will, um, neutralize it or anything. Just give her plenty of drinks today to wash down the smell of poop on her breath or you're going to want to wretch every time you smell her breath.

Good to know it happens a lot... I had to LOL about your story! I am laughing now, but I was like OMGosh!!! I need to call someone! LOL! She does have poo breath....eww! She needs a tick tac...(J/K) Reminds me of my algebra teachers dragon breath in 9th grade:0)

"laurensmitty1982" wrote:

LMAO!! You are too funny! I know you are totally serious but I totally freaked out the first time I caught my dd1 in her own poop.. I seriously wanted to vomit.

I was so freaked I even called my doctor and they said it is fine and that nothing willh happen to her.. Just think she is just eating digested food that she already ate.. Just pretty diqusting since it sits in the intestines and rots and mixes with acids so thats why it smells so nasty!!

No worries!! PROMISE!! Just make sure you wash everything out, under her fingernails, etc..

Thank you so much!! Yes, Josie is shimmering she is so clean now:0)
The pack n play is getting pitched. I can't get it clean enough...My in laws are letting us use one of their extras...until I can get another...I don't want to pay $100 though...cheap, I know!:0)

laurensmitty1982's picture
Joined: 07/30/06
Posts: 1117

My daycare kid had an explosion in my P&P, I was so annoyed.. There was poop everywhere and in between the netted walls.. So gross.. Maybe you can take it out back and hose the sucker off because you throw it out..?

HorseMomma's picture
Joined: 06/29/04
Posts: 858

"laurensmitty1982" wrote:

My daycare kid had an explosion in my P&P, I was so annoyed.. There was poop everywhere and in between the netted walls.. So gross.. Maybe you can take it out back and hose the sucker off because you throw it out..?

Eww! That is way worse...other kid's poo and not your own! LOL!
Way gross!
Yes, That is a great idea...:0) I will take it out and hose er' off!
I am on the internet...putting off doing anything more with it...lol!! Dirol
I will look awesome outside w/ my fushia pants, red shirt...hosing s&^$ out of a pack n play...lol...My neighbors probably love my outfits:0)

momW's picture
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"laurensmitty1982" wrote:

My daycare kid had an explosion in my P&P, I was so annoyed.. There was poop everywhere and in between the netted walls.. So gross.. Maybe you can take it out back and hose the sucker off because you throw it out..?

CAR WASH! That's where I took DD1's p&p. I blasted it!

alwayssmile's picture
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Awwww. :bigarmhug: I'm pretty sure I'd be really grossed out if that happened!

Thanks for all the laughs from your stories though ladies. I needed a good laugh! Lol

alwayssmile's picture
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

And just in case you can't get it clean, Target has a great deal today: http://www.target.com/p/Graco-Pack-n-Play-Lively-Dots/-/A-12128823

Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

oh man that is horrible:eek: I can't help but LOL though I certainly wouldn't be if it were happening to me!

HorseMomma's picture
Joined: 06/29/04
Posts: 858

"janijanis" wrote:

oh man that is horrible:eek: I can't help but LOL though I certainly wouldn't be if it were happening to me!

I know! I am laughing now...glad it is over with.

"alwayssmile" wrote:

Awwww. :bigarmhug: I'm pretty sure I'd be really grossed out if that happened!

Thanks for all the laughs from your stories though ladies. I needed a good laugh! Lol

It was really gross...
Awwe, I hope you day is going good!!:0)

laurensmitty1982's picture
Joined: 07/30/06
Posts: 1117

Christa.. You gave me my first laugh after my blowup!!

Did you really take it to a carwash? What did you do tie it to the top of your car..

momW's picture
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"laurensmitty1982" wrote:

Christa.. You gave me my first laugh after my blowup!!

Did you really take it to a carwash? What did you do tie it to the top of your car..

I borrowed a truck from a friend and tied it onto the bed of the truck. I went to one of the drive in and wash it yourself type carwashes. My BIL (whom I didn't know at the time cause it was before DH and I had met) owns a carwash that has some do it yourself bays. Smile The car wash is located on one of the busiest streets in our town so I got lots of looks, it was fantastic :rolleyes:

Kids can suck your pride right out of you can't they!?

AnnaRO's picture
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

Whew! That would be VERY tough for me right now! It's funny though after it's all said and done.

Newlywed630's picture
Joined: 07/20/07
Posts: 770

lol!!! Neither of my kids played with their poop, so far. Now trevor does enjoy, poopin outside!!! It is freaking gross, usually if he does this, he will also bring it to you. luckily this has only happened twice! lol
Like everyone has said, I am sure she will be fine. Totally gross though. I'm not sure how I'd handle a situation like that lol, I do not do good with poop.

Cherrychip's picture
Joined: 01/31/09
Posts: 1134

LOL, it is funny to hear about but I would be puking if that happened to me. So far DD hasn't managed to get a poopy diaper off yet but the day may come! And your dd eating it reminded me of a book I read right after dd was born-it was written by some pediatrician and was all sorts of advice on caring for a baby. In the section talking about what is normal etc. for diaper output, he shared a story about a parent who called him and was concerned because "my baby's poop tastes different" He was like, different from what??? Why would you be tasting it? Sooo gross! Bad enough when they do it, but can't believe a parent would taste it!

Joined: 10/17/09
Posts: 631

I'm glad you are far enough away you can't hit me... I'm laughing so hard I'm crying and reading everything to DF who is also laughing hard enough I had to shhhhh him through my laughter/tears cause both girls are actually sleeping.... Thanks for the laughs....

But seriously; I'm really sorry that happened!! I would have barfed everywhere!!!!!!!!

ange84's picture
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Ronin tried that last week ater I tried putting him on the toilet to poop. It was so gross.

Also OT but I am now less confused when you guys refer to pack n plays, they are what we call portacots. I got really confused because my Mum got a second hand playpen which is marked as a Graco pack n play and I wondered how your kids were all sleeping in things with squeaky and rattly pictures on the side.

stacymh's picture
Joined: 03/16/10
Posts: 1807

Oh, that does sound gross. Thankfully, that hasn't happened at our house. I hope we avoid that adventure! Great stories, ladies!!