Okay, today I think we need something happy to distract away from the mult-state disaster tornados.
So how about...
Are you watching any of the TV specials this week about William and Kate and the royal family? Are you going to get up and watch the wedding? Or at least DVR it?
Or are you wondering who the heck are William and Kate?
I watched one special last night. Whichever one came on after Extreme Couponing. lol.
I am not going to get up and watch the wedding. I am DVRing it though to watch as background noise at some point.
I have to admit I had no idea he was engaged and that there was an upcoming wedding till about 2 weeks ago. Apparently I lived under a rock.
Oh Yes! I am going to set my alarm to wake up at 4:30am so I can watch the LIVE coverage beginning at 5am. . . . [that was intended to be read with extreme sarcasm ]
I don't care. I couldn't care less about a monarch in England getting married. However, I would love to visit London someday.
EEPP!!!! I can't wait. If I were on my own I'd be watching the coverage from 5am but as DH isn't really interested I'm allowed to watch it from 10.30, but I might sneak it in I'd love to be in London cheering them on. Until I was about 13 I thought I might be the one walking down the isle to marry him
It's so strange here. About 75% of the population are pretty excited or at least thinking "it's an important historical event so I'll watch it" but the other 25% would quite like something really horrific to happen to them. And the news coverage is all about the demonstrations and how the government should better be using the money rather than on the 5000 extra police they have going...
However...I see it as, if there wasn't the marriage then people wouldn't have the day off in the first place to go there, followed by if the people weren't planning on disrupting someone's wedding (which I think is awful, even if you don't like them, it's someone's wedding day FFS!!!!!!) then there would be no need for the 5000 police expense. AND I'm pretty sure if Kate didn't turn up tomorrow that they wouldn't say "ok police, you go home and we'll put the rest of the money into the NHS"
sorry for the rant...the Royal Wedding hatred is really p*ssing me off
Sarah & Gavin
21st January 2008
Alexander-8 Dec 2008
Tobey-1st Oct 2010
Not into watching it the day/night of but I'm sure I'll catch parts of it later on during media recaps.
~Joy~ DS1-8/5/05, DS2-10/18/10 (VBAC#1), DS3- 4/11/12 (VBAC#2!)
I have to admit I totally had a Prince William crush when I was 13 . Now that he's going bald and looking more and more like his Dad, I don't really care. I feel like it's a historic event (an extremely orchestrated historic event but still historic) but quite honestly I don't have time to watch any of it. Maybe I'll catch highlights on BBC on-line this weekend. As for the people who are protesting because they feel like the wedding is a waste of money they've got it all wrong. The wedding is going to bring in a tremendous amount of tourism money that will greatly outweigh all the $$ spent on fancy crumpets. The emotional impact alone makes the money worth spending. People all over the world are a grumpy with their governments over the fiscal crisis. A little bread and circuses is certainly called for and will ultimately help to stimulate the economy.
I don't have any tv channels at the moment. We are still waiting on our aerial to be fixed after that cyclone ( you know back at the start of February) so I won't be watching anything. I do hope they have a happier marraige than his parents though. I'm more a Harry girl myself, he is much cheekier looking.