The "We Need More Preggos - For Serious" Chat Thread (aka #28)

1019 posts / 0 new
Last post
alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

YAY for baby!! An episiotomy is sometimes needed. Always good to see it being used as intended and not as a "let's just do this anyway so you don't tear." Smile

Anna, I'm so glad that that the little I sent you is helping you out some. I'm a pinning failure. Snappis make the world go 'round.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"tink9702" wrote:

The ones pictured are Mega Blocks - Large. The medium ones are called Duplos. The small tiny ones are Legos. Maybe 4 years old for some kids but I would say most are 5. For once the recommendation on a toy is actually pretty accurate!

I should spend some time in the lego-ish aisle. Lol Maybe next year I can give Aiden a duplo table. He loves the megablocks right now but maybe he'll like having his own smaller set once Zoe gets to the mega blocks stage. My husband loves legos and plays with his 4 year old nephew with them when we visit. I think he's eager for Aiden to get there. Keep telling him that he needs to deal with the mega blocks for awhile longer. Wink

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

So a little good news for a change! My mom just called, she closed on her house yesterday and woke up in her new house this morning!!!

Leigh, that sounds pretty scary at the end, but I'm glad they the MW's are so knowledgeable and that everyone is safe and healthy!

JBF is this weekend. I think I'll go look around.

cactuswren's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 4658

"alwayssmile" wrote:

YAY for baby!! An episiotomy is sometimes needed. Always good to see it being used as intended and not as a "let's just do this anyway so you don't tear." Smile

This is how I feel about all birth interventions. Biggrin They exist for a reason, and when needed, thank goodness we have them! Let's just not throw them around like candy, shall we? I'm so proud and happy for her! Thanks for letting me squee about it on here with you guys--I didn't want to out her on FB before she had a chance to get around to it herself, but I had to share !!! Biggrin

"alwayssmile" wrote:

Anna, I'm so glad that that the little I sent you is helping you out some. I'm a pinning failure. Snappis make the world go 'round.

ROFL ITA with this...I don't know how life existed before snappis!

"AnnaRO" wrote:

So a little good news for a change! My mom just called, she closed on her house yesterday and woke up in her new house this morning!!!

WOO!! That is GREAT news, Anna! One load off...

stacymh's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 03/16/10
Posts: 1807

Anna, great news about the house!!!
Jackie, hooray for a boring appt. I also would pay attention to what I wore on appt day. No need to add on with clothes. Blum 3 DS has mega blocks too. He loves them at times and ignores them at others. DH's parents have a table and blocks there, same size, but he plays with them like he has never seen them before.
Leigh, woohoo for a safe arrival for the baby. That name is precious!

For the longest, Evan has been a daddy's boy, but I've noticed in the last couple of weeks, he is starting to want me more. It melts my heart.

cactuswren's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 4658

Aw, glad you're finally getting some love, Stacy! It always makes me so happy when Addy is lovey with DH, because I know how much it means to him to FINALLY be included!

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Almost 9:30 and just now got a message from my husband saying he's on his way home finally. He really has been working this whole time! Geeze. Poor guy just put in over 14 hours today.

cactuswren's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 4658

Good grief, Jackie! My DH has days like that too if there's an after school event, and he is always BEAT.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Yesterday ended up being 15 hours. Thursday was 14 hours. Wednesday was "short" at 11 hours because he couldn't fly (he had eye appts since he's got a waiver for vision). Tuesday was at least 12 hours. Man was so beat that he rambled for 45 minutes about how cool his job is and just randomly stopped and passed out asleep in a slump on the couch. Lol

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Thosae are some long days Jackie, hope your hubby gets a bit of a rest soon.

We are taking Ronin fishing today, one of the service clubs is having a take a child fishing day, the weather is beautiful, hubby is off work so he is doing the fishing I am reading a trasy novel, works for me.

I also think I have found the secret to having Ronin almost sleep through the night, miss his nap, he went down at 6pm last night, woke at 7 but went bacj=k down easily, didn't hear a peep from him until 4am, bought him in with us and got him back to sleep, it's 7am and he is still sleeping

tink9702's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 09/28/08
Posts: 2977

That's funny that DH passed out on the couch Jackie! So glad he's enjoying his job again though!

Nice Wendy!!! Smile love when I get time to myself! And wonderful that he slept much better!

We went apple picking, cider donuts, corn maze & horse drawn wagon ride at a local farm today! so much fun!!!

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Sounds like great days for both of y'all!

I got a whole 5 hours of toddler free time today. It was like a dream. Lol After lunch I drove up to another city an hour from here and went to an ICAN/VBAC meeting. Got some good info on the hospital (and related info that assures me that even if I wanted a RCS I still wouldn't want to go to the local hospital), my midwives (great rep!), and placenta encapsulation (met the only woman who does it as far as they know in eastern NC!). Also learned that maternity care in Spain isn't any better than the US. There was a Spanish woman there who told us about her son's birth in Spain - they told her induction with cervidil was natural and what most women need! Right. :roll: It was very nice to talk and share. I even know which ped to ask for in the hospital to look at Zoe before we leave. One that won't panic when we refuse Hep B and such. Wink

stacymh's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 03/16/10
Posts: 1807

Jackie, your poor tired DH. But yay for him liking
His job! And double yay for toddler free time and getting good info
at your meeting!!

Wendy, I hope you enjoyed that trashy book!!

Mel, that sounds like a fun time. We usually get to do that in October. I can't wait!

tink9702's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 09/28/08
Posts: 2977

Sounds like a great meeting Jackie! Always nice to get info you need and double nice that you were able to go alone!

cactuswren's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 4658

Hey, check it out--a feature article on our birth center! Lots of interesting info about birth centers and midwifery in general, too (it's for their 30th anniversary). Fun fact: the pictures on the article are of the room my friend just had her baby in and the midwife who delivered her Smile Teagan and Addy were born at the old location.

Sounds like everybody had a great day! We went up the mountain with my family and took new four generation photos with my mom and grandma, which was really nice. Of course it took three hours longer than it should have and DH was getting really stressed because he had a ton of grading to do, so instead of doing it in the afternoon he's doing it now. WOO SATURDAY NIGHT PARTYYYYYY!!! :roll: Oh, well.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

Here's my favorite part of the article Leigh

It's a perfect fit for someone like Jami Hepworth, who is about 30 weeks pregnant and plans to have her daughter at the Birth Center. Hepworth, 24, feels passionate about natural childbirth and had her son, now 18 months, with the help of a midwife in Utah.

Specifically, the "with the HELP of a midwife"!!! Hepworth HAD her son, she wasn't delivered, she had him.

Very cool article btw!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE positive NCB news articles!!!

I recently read an article about wording and the way it affects our perceptions and guides our thinking. I've been trying to pay really close attention to things I read and how I react to them and then reread them to see if it was the overall message OR the way it's worded. I've been on DH's arse lately about telling people that he delivered Noah, it might seem silly but he didn't do it, I did, he caught the baby, I birthed him. Not that his job was any less important than mine (even though it was LOL).

Oh yeah, :wavehello: ladies!!!

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

Jackie- 5 minutes of toddler time is something to be happy about. 5 hours....ahhhh, I bet that was awesome. How is the ICAN over there? Is it a big chapter, pretty active?

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

come on ladies, where is everyone!!!??? I'm sitting down for a bit, watching football. I need to get my butt up and get out my fall decor but I've been going full force all day long and I'm exhausted.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

I'm here!! just got back from DH's cousins, fiancess bachelorette party. well the house part, they all went off to the bar and i came home. It was slightly awkward holding and examining vibrators and dildos infront of his aunts and cousins but they were good sports and it wasn't so bad. Both my SIL's bailed and didn't show up so i had nobody to talk to though! anyways, i am back now Smile

cactuswren's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 4658

"momW" wrote:

Here's my favorite part of the article Leigh Specifically, the "with the HELP of a midwife"!!! Hepworth HAD her son, she wasn't delivered, she had him.

Very cool article btw!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE positive NCB news articles!!!

I recently read an article about wording and the way it affects our perceptions and guides our thinking. I've been trying to pay really close attention to things I read and how I react to them and then reread them to see if it was the overall message OR the way it's worded. I've been on DH's arse lately about telling people that he delivered Noah, it might seem silly but he didn't do it, I did, he caught the baby, I birthed him. Not that his job was any less important than mine (even though it was LOL).

Oh yeah, :wavehello: ladies!!!

Great point--I totally agree with you! Although actually in my friend's case it really was a bit of both--the baby was in distress and they had to do an emergency episiotomy and get her out FAST. So there was both birthing and delivering going on, I'd say--a team effort. Honestly I'd say mine was a team effort too, although not as dramatic as that. You have every right to make sure your birth with Noah is portrayed properly, though--you own that one! Biggrin

Janice--aaaaaaaaa I can't imagine having to do that! You're a great sport Biggrin

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

it was uncomfortable at first, but one of his aunts was super embarassed and kept saying "oh my GOD" so they started teasing her Blum 3

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"janijanis" wrote:

I'm here!! just got back from DH's cousins, fiancess bachelorette party. well the house part, they all went off to the bar and i came home. It was slightly awkward holding and examining vibrators and dildos infront of his aunts and cousins but they were good sports and it wasn't so bad. Both my SIL's bailed and didn't show up so i had nobody to talk to though! anyways, i am back now Smile

I love those parties! There's nothing better than picking out the people in the crowd that are uncomfortable and prodding them even more Biggrin Yes, I'm THAT person!

"cactuswren" wrote:

Great point--I totally agree with you! Although actually in my friend's case it really was a bit of both--the baby was in distress and they had to do an emergency episiotomy and get her out FAST. So there was both birthing and delivering going on, I'd say--a team effort. Honestly I'd say mine was a team effort too, although not as dramatic as that. You have every right to make sure your birth with Noah is portrayed properly, though--you own that one! Biggrin

Janice--aaaaaaaaa I can't imagine having to do that! You're a great sport Biggrin

I just don't like the word "delivered" in terms of anyone doing it to a momma. It might well just be one of my quirks. Mommas birth, midwives can assist but it's a baby, not a pizza so no one should be "delivering" it Biggrin

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

Christa, it was the group i was with!!! if i was with friends i would have been having a blast and making comments and playing with the stuff. But dh's family? the ones that were there were pretty open though i am just not close with them.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

yeah, it's probably not fun at one of those parties with people you can't have fun with. my girlfriends and I had one during deer season several years ago (pre DS I believe), during Estrogen Camp, we had a BLAST! I was a bit shocked at how much was sold that night Biggrin dirty girls!

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

We just got back fromt he fishing day, but stupid me forgot the camera and my phone so no pictures unless we get in next weeks paper. No trashy novel for me either, hubby decided he wanted to fish as well so I had to wrangle Ronin.

Woohoo, I just got a bed for Ronin, for Free. It's actauuly someone I know who was gettign rid of it on a buy swap sell page. So excited, we can get a real big boy bed instead of the ,mattress on the floor, I just need some longer bolts for it.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Nice article Leigh! Smile

"momW" wrote:

I recently read an article about wording and the way it affects our perceptions and guides our thinking. I've been trying to pay really close attention to things I read and how I react to them and then reread them to see if it was the overall message OR the way it's worded. I've been on DH's arse lately about telling people that he delivered Noah, it might seem silly but he didn't do it, I did, he caught the baby, I birthed him. Not that his job was any less important than mine (even though it was LOL).

Oh yeah, :wavehello: ladies!!!

I know for some women they don't see the different, but others that language difference is a huge deal. I don't feel that I delivered my son, an OB delivered him. But with my VBAC, I'll actually get to deliver this time! Others keep telling me that I still delivered him, but I feel like I didn't do anything ya know. Maybe one day I'll feel different. Blum 3

AND HI!!!!

"momW" wrote:

Jackie- 5 minutes of toddler time is something to be happy about. 5 hours....ahhhh, I bet that was awesome. How is the ICAN over there? Is it a big chapter, pretty active?

The meeting was actually 3 different groups meeting as one - they do this for one Saturday meeting every month. They keep their separate identities because they all three do have different focus (and do do separate things at times), but because they're so close they meet together once a month so no one dies out (who wants a meeting of 2?). It was ICAN, a VBAC group, and a home birth group. All similar, but slightly different focus in the end (and a one person attends because there's a vegetarian group too and several there are a part of the vegetarian group lol). Everyone was really polite and listened when something other than their particular focus was brought up (so the HB mamas were great about listening and being the right kind of supportive when VBAC planning moms talked and brought up their past c/s, their current care, hospital concerns, etc). It was fascinating for me to hear the struggles one mom was having with finding a midwife she clicks with for her 2nd HB. One VBA2C mom gets care there from where my SIL lives (so has a 1 hr and 45 min drive!) because no one closer will touch her! I do understand why meetings are on Saturdays (works for most people), but it's why I haven't attended yet. It's the one family day we get here!

"momW" wrote:

come on ladies, where is everyone!!!??? I'm sitting down for a bit, watching football. I need to get my butt up and get out my fall decor but I've been going full force all day long and I'm exhausted.

I was snuggling with my hubby on the couch last night watching some odd movie. It's soooo rare when we get to do this together! And sorry this is TMI, but we had sex!!!! Boy is it sad when I get excited over friggin' 3rd tri sex. :roll:

"janijanis" wrote:

I'm here!! just got back from DH's cousins, fiancess bachelorette party. well the house part, they all went off to the bar and i came home. It was slightly awkward holding and examining vibrators and dildos infront of his aunts and cousins but they were good sports and it wasn't so bad. Both my SIL's bailed and didn't show up so i had nobody to talk to though! anyways, i am back now Smile

See, those parties can be a lot of fun....but with family? Even open family you like? Lol Makes you feel better the last time I attended one I was 27 weeks with DS. Everyone kept staring at the pregnant lady like they couldn't believe I'd touch a dildo. :roll: I went clubbing that night too. Lol

"ange84" wrote:

We just got back fromt he fishing day, but stupid me forgot the camera and my phone so no pictures unless we get in next weeks paper. No trashy novel for me either, hubby decided he wanted to fish as well so I had to wrangle Ronin.

Woohoo, I just got a bed for Ronin, for Free. It's actauuly someone I know who was gettign rid of it on a buy swap sell page. So excited, we can get a real big boy bed instead of the ,mattress on the floor, I just need some longer bolts for it.

Boo to toddler wrangling. But YAY for a free bed! Biggrin

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

"alwayssmile" wrote:

I know for some women they don't see the different, but others that language difference is a huge deal. I don't feel that I delivered my son, an OB delivered him. But with my VBAC, I'll actually get to deliver this time! Others keep telling me that I still delivered him, but I feel like I didn't do anything ya know. Maybe one day I'll feel different. Blum 3

Boo to toddler wrangling. But YAY for a free bed! Biggrin

I know how you feel Jackie, when I was in counselling after Ronin was born and last yearI was trying to explain I don't feel like I gave birth, I had surgery, but they didn't get it. I agree on the wording too, the doctor came in the day after Ronin was born and said he heard I was upset over the c section. He then went went on to say it didn't matter because I could attempt a trial of labour next time, I told him I wouldn'/;t be attempting I nwould be succeding in having a vbac, his wording made it sound like he had no faith in me doing it, so I had to reword it for my own sanity.

The bed is with my Mum, we should get it next Monday when she visits, and it comes with a mattress which MUm said looks pretty new.

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

I just repinned something on Pinterest, and then realized that I was looking at my own board! :roll: I need to have my head examined!

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

"AnnaRO" wrote:

I just repinned something on Pinterest, and then realized that I was looking at my own board! :roll: I need to have my head examined!

Haha Anna, that sounds like somethign I would do, at least you knew you liked it Smile

tink9702's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 09/28/08
Posts: 2977

LOL Anna! I've repinned something I already pinned more than once! Smile Just means you liked it double! Wink

Went on a major cooking spree today - applesauce, apple crisp, potato soup, baked ziti! My house smelled so good from the apples! Smile Love Fall, my favorite season!

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"ange84" wrote:

I know how you feel Jackie, when I was in counselling after Ronin was born and last yearI was trying to explain I don't feel like I gave birth, I had surgery, but they didn't get it. I agree on the wording too, the doctor came in the day after Ronin was born and said he heard I was upset over the c section. He then went went on to say it didn't matter because I could attempt a trial of labour next time, I told him I wouldn'/;t be attempting I nwould be succeding in having a vbac, his wording made it sound like he had no faith in me doing it, so I had to reword it for my own sanity.

The bed is with my Mum, we should get it next Monday when she visits, and it comes with a mattress which MUm said looks pretty new.

Yep, wording makes a difference but it's different for us all!

And yay! Sounds like a great deal to me!

"AnnaRO" wrote:

I just repinned something on Pinterest, and then realized that I was looking at my own board! :roll: I need to have my head examined!

"tink9702" wrote:

LOL Anna! I've repinned something I already pinned more than once! Smile Just means you liked it double! Wink

Went on a major cooking spree today - applesauce, apple crisp, potato soup, baked ziti! My house smelled so good from the apples! Smile Love Fall, my favorite season!

BTDT too Anna! Lol
Sounds devine Mel! Poor DH had to prepare and make dinner. I don't know what I did today to cause this, but I have an upper back muscle issue now. It's getting pretty painful. Definitely not pregnancy related. Just me being dumb. But hey, Aiden's room looks nice and that's all that matters, right? Blum 3

cactuswren's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 4658

I love Fall too, Mel. Even though it was 100 today, it was so cool last night I had to wear a hoodie in my house this morning! We're getting there...starting to cook fall food too even though it's really still just a tease here...

Sorry about your back, Jackie!

Man, it has not been my favorite weekend. Adair has been off schedule and crazy, testing, etc. And I have been exhausted and bored because DH has been spending every spare moment grading. Just a blah weekend for many reasons. Actually looking forward to Monday...

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

I hate blah weekends. But hey, next weekend should seem fantastic in comparison! Wink

I LOVE pumpkin. It's my favorite part of fall. I think tomorrow I need pumpkin oatmeal.
I think I'm gonna make a lot of pumpkins for Aiden to color. Instant house decor. Biggrin

TiggersMommy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/14/10
Posts: 6043

My laptop's hard drive died Friday afternoon ... about 20 minutes before I had to give a presentation. So that's why I've been MIA this weekend. I'm sure you must have noticed and missed me terribly.

I spent the entire weekend shopping and cooking for the Rainbow Extravaganza. We got one of the cakes baked yesterday. I think it will come out nicely but its hard to say for sure until the day of. Its all coming together nicely. I'm so lucky that Sara's a crazy person about parties.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Oh that was a grand time for it to die! Sad

Yay for the party prep. Can't believe these kids are hitting two!

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

And then I went to open a bottle of wine I bought today - I got out my fancy corkscrew and set it up on the bottle and turned the corkscrew only to realize too late that it was a screw top cap on the bottle and not a cork. This leaves me no choice but to drink the entire bottle of wine.

Sorry to hear about your laptop death. Did you get your presentation done anyway? I want Sara to come plan my kid's party. I have 2 weeks to do it all. . . Luckily we aren't doing anything major, just a family deal.

I have a hickey on my cheek. I'll let y'all figure out how that might have happened.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

I LOVE FALL!!!!!

i have everything ready for Lucas' fall photoshoot. just need some leaves to fall.

what are you ladies getting your LO's for their birthday? I really have no idea what i can get for Lucas :O i was thinking an easel, but then i have to find somewhere to put it and there isn't really anywhere.

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

Lyla is getting a guitar. A real beginner guitar that DH picked out and ordered for her. I haven't seen it so it'll be a surprise for me too when she opens it.

TiggersMommy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/14/10
Posts: 6043

My DH was able to send me a copy of my presentation from our backup system at home. Thank goodness for my nerdy DH!

Haha hickie! If you can't finish the bottle, throw some plastic wrap over the top and secure it with a rubber band. I'm sure you can handle the whole thing but just in case.

We ordered Teagan a train set for her birthday. I think it was THIS one. It should be here on Tuesday (her birthday). I plan to work from home so I can wait for it, wrap it, and put some streamers and balloons up. I got some ice cream cupcakes from Cold Stone to eat that night. She'll also be bringing chocolate cupcakes to school that day. Her big party is next Saturday!

cactuswren's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 4658

"AnnaRO" wrote:

And then I went to open a bottle of wine I bought today - I got out my fancy corkscrew and set it up on the bottle and turned the corkscrew only to realize too late that it was a screw top cap on the bottle and not a cork. This leaves me no choice but to drink the entire bottle of wine.

DARN. Lol

"AnnaRO" wrote:

I want Sara to come plan my kid's party. I have 2 weeks to do it all. . . Luckily we aren't doing anything major, just a family deal.

I know, right? Sara, if lawyering doesn't work out, maybe you have a second calling as a party planner...

abacaxi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 02/27/10
Posts: 363

"janijanis" wrote:

what are you ladies getting your LO's for their birthday? I really have no idea what i can get for Lucas :O i was thinking an easel, but then i have to find somewhere to put it and there isn't really anywhere.

Rowan is getting a balance bike which she is just going to love. Also, she is getting a stuffed cat to go with her collection of stuffed dogs, and some stickers. My parents got her an easel, which I don't really like because we don't have anywhere to put it, and also we just finished painting her art table last month, and I don't think she needs both.

"TiggersMommy" wrote:

I spent the entire weekend shopping and cooking for the Rainbow Extravaganza. We got one of the cakes baked yesterday. I think it will come out nicely but its hard to say for sure until the day of. Its all coming together nicely. I'm so lucky that Sara's a crazy person about parties.

Even if that cake doesn't come out, I'm sure the others will Smile

And I don't think you need to say that I'm crazy about parties. I'm pretty sure I'm just crazy in general, and it manifests in strange obsessive ways when it comes to party planning.

"AnnaRO" wrote:

I want Sara to come plan my kid's party. I have 2 weeks to do it all. . . Luckily we aren't doing anything major, just a family deal.

Give me a theme, and I'll help brainstorm ideas. Or just pick rainbows and I'll send you a list of instructions.

"cactuswren" wrote:

I know, right? Sara, if lawyering doesn't work out, maybe you have a second calling as a party planner...

Don't say that until you've actually been to the party - you might want to gouge your eyes out from the rainbow-osity of it all. Lawyering may be safer for me. At least the court puts limits on what I can do.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Ronin is getting a car mat and a pack of cars, it's all wrapped in the back of my car with the card attached. Hubby bought him a train set yesterday that will be put away for Christmas. This boy has too many toys.

I start my holidays tomorrow, first up is a dateish day with hubby when we go to the antiques roadshow they have on and maybe lunch, then housework for the rest of Tuesday and Wednesday, baking biscuits and cakes late Wednesday and Thursday, taking Ronin to story time for a dinosaur theme on Thursday and Friday resting. Saturday is sharing cake at a park, sunday my Dad is visiting and I have a baby shower and Monday my Mum is visiting, then back to work Tuesday where I can get to relax after my holiday

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"janijanis" wrote:

I
what are you ladies getting your LO's for their birthday? I really have no idea what i can get for Lucas :O i was thinking an easel, but then i have to find somewhere to put it and there isn't really anywhere.

He's getting a dish set to finally go with his kitchen set. lol. He's getting the baby carrier back (remember the pics from a couple of months ago?). He's getting a M&D hammer set and a sort and snap set (got these buy one get one for a penny during a trip home). I have two Cars brand talking cars ($4 total from a Target clearance back in July). That's it. But he is getting a few things as a "baby gift" to entertain him when my SIL takes him - a stuffed mickey mouse with the practice buckles, snaps, etc (was my sisters), a doctor's kit (my sisters that I fixed up with $4 of extras), and a set of M&D construction cars (also a part of the buy one get one for a penny - the 2nd toy is the stacker that's being sent to my BFF).

"TiggersMommy" wrote:

My DH was able to send me a copy of my presentation from our backup system at home. Thank goodness for my nerdy DH!

Haha hickie! If you can't finish the bottle, throw some plastic wrap over the top and secure it with a rubber band. I'm sure you can handle the whole thing but just in case.

We ordered Teagan a train set for her birthday. I think it was THIS one. It should be here on Tuesday (her birthday). I plan to work from home so I can wait for it, wrap it, and put some streamers and balloons up. I got some ice cream cupcakes from Cold Stone to eat that night. She'll also be bringing chocolate cupcakes to school that day. Her big party is next Saturday!

YAY DH! Smile
Cute train set! I got a wood set for Aiden for Christmas (not a Thomas one, but it's compatible with Thomas stuff). He's loved train sets at playgroups and such, so hopefully he'll like having one for Christmas.

"abacaxi" wrote:

Rowan is getting a balance bike which she is just going to love. Also, she is getting a stuffed cat to go with her collection of stuffed dogs, and some stickers. My parents got her an easel, which I don't really like because we don't have anywhere to put it, and also we just finished painting her art table last month, and I don't think she needs both.

DH told me no balance bike till next year. :roll:
My mom wants to get my son a motorized car for outside. Cause that's a fantastic winter toy. And I'm obviously going to want to spend lots of time dealing with that with a newborn. Not to mention, we have no where to put it! At least an art easel is useful even if there isn't room. lol

I can't wait to see pics from the rainbow party!!!

Aiden is getting cupcakes I've decided. Already bought him Elmo cupcake liners. Thinking about making my own toppers soon so it'll be super easy come his birthday weekend (still determined to do cake and icing from scratch). We have a cloth birthday banner. So maybe I'll print off a couple of Elmo things to hang on the wall and call it good. Just my SIL's family coming over.

cactuswren's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 4658

"abacaxi" wrote:

Rowan is getting a balance bike which she is just going to love. Also, she is getting a stuffed cat to go with her collection of stuffed dogs, and some stickers. My parents got her an easel, which I don't really like because we don't have anywhere to put it, and also we just finished painting her art table last month, and I don't think she needs both.

Are your parents likely to notice if it gets quietly returned or sold for something she can actually use? If not, I say do it. Alternatively, you could put it outside--that's what my SIL did with her kids' easel when they lived in a microscopic house, and it was actually nice to have an area to get messy with art with fewer worries, and just something fun for them to do outside...now that the weather's getting so nice...(soon! It is! Shhh!)

"abacaxi" wrote:

Don't say that until you've actually been to the party - you might want to gouge your eyes out from the rainbow-osity of it all. Lawyering may be safer for me. At least the court puts limits on what I can do.

ROFL

I'm sure it will be awesome. That's how my mom was with birthday parties when I was little. She was INSANE...my parties were ridiculous and epic, from age 4 to age 7. For example, my 6th birthday was unicorns, and in addition to many, many other things she rented a man with a pony and made him try to put a horn on his poor horse and give us rides around our (small suburban) front yard. Seriously nuts. Seven was a Jem-theme disco sleepover party, and it was so awesome that she permanently burned herself out and that was my last big party. Eight we went camping, and then my parents got divorced and I got older and the rest is history. But man, I will never live up to those first few parties. Sorry, Adair. Hopefully she will just stay friends with Rowan and we can enjoy yours Biggrin

(Of course, that comparison is not really helping the case for your mental health, since my mom is quite crazy in a number of ways ;))

I am already thinking ahead to next year, though (with a July birthday in AZ, aka the surface of the sun, and a tiny inconveniently located house, serious strategy is necessary!) and I'm thinking the zoo. Adair's main love in life is animals, they do parties there, and I think they have an indoor area. And it's actually not very expensive at all, if we keep it small--plus very little work on my part. WIN.

cactuswren's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 4658

Please excuse the mess in the background, but I had to share this. I was reorganizing Addy's toys yesterday so of course she became super interested in all of them...and ended up giving us a ten minute rock concert on this ridiculous electric guitar (it plays metal riffs when you hit the buttons) wearing nothing but leggings and fairy wings. It was a parenting moment for the permanent memory bank, let me tell you! Lol

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

Leigh- that picture is a RIOT!!! I love kids, you just never know what's going to happen with them around!

"AnnaRO" wrote:

And then I went to open a bottle of wine I bought today - I got out my fancy corkscrew and set it up on the bottle and turned the corkscrew only to realize too late that it was a screw top cap on the bottle and not a cork. This leaves me no choice but to drink the entire bottle of wine.

That sounds like the kind of problem I NEED to have! I have a bottle of wine sitting on my counter with a new wine glass right next to it. Every.single.day I sit and stare at it only to realize I'm too lazy to pump a bottle for Noah!! Ugh, why can't I just get off my arse and pump so I can bond with my wine glass?!

Jackie- that meeting sounds WONDERFUL! I sooooo wish we had a natural birth community around here, I would give anything to feel like I fit in with other women where birth is concerned. It's so isolating to be the only one.

Wendy- FREE STUFF ROCKS!!! Grady's bed was free and Clara's bed (not painted yet) matches his and was free as well. I love free. They're pretty junky but once I painted DS's it looked great! I can't wait to get Clara's painted, I'm painting it Pepto pink......eventually.

You people are OVERACHIEVERS, every one of you. Clara's birthday is the 1st and I have no present, no idea on a cake and no party theme ideas!!! Nothing, not a darn thing done for her celebration yet. I like the rainbow idea, although with the rainbow cake last year I should've done it then huh. I have to top her cake from last year but that was literally the best I've ever done and it took me that whole weekend to do it! But I feel like I need to outdo myself. Maybe I should just concentrate on the gift first.

BuckeyeK's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 10/23/06
Posts: 3087

Ok, now that Lainey's party is over and I've recovered, I'm back on the interwebz. I'll try to catch up on chat eventually! I just wanted to share my DH's quote of the week.

Last Friday they had a baby shower for one of DH's coworkers.
Him: "I went to my first baby shower today."
Me: "How was it? Did you have fun."
Him: "It was fine. We just ate lunch and stuff. They didn't make us play 'Pin the Tail on the Vagina' or anything weird like that."
Me: "Is that what you think we do at baby showers?"
Him: "I have no idea what you do. I just know some weird stuff happens sometimes."

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"BuckeyeK" wrote:

Ok, now that Lainey's party is over and I've recovered, I'm back on the interwebz. I'll try to catch up on chat eventually! I just wanted to share my DH's quote of the week.

Last Friday they had a baby shower for one of DH's coworkers.
Him: "I went to my first baby shower today."
Me: "How was it? Did you have fun."
Him: "It was fine. We just ate lunch and stuff. They didn't make us play 'Pin the Tail on the Vagina' or anything weird like that."
Me: "Is that what you think we do at baby showers?"
Him: "I have no idea what you do. I just know some weird stuff happens sometimes."

ROFLROFLROFL Clara is looking at me all weird because I can't stop laughing!!

cactuswren's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 4658

:ROFL:!!!!! :ROFL:!!!!!

That is so, SO something my DH would say. Lol

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"momW" wrote:

Leigh- that picture is a RIOT!!! I love kids, you just never know what's going to happen with them around!

That sounds like the kind of problem I NEED to have! I have a bottle of wine sitting on my counter with a new wine glass right next to it. Every.single.day I sit and stare at it only to realize I'm too lazy to pump a bottle for Noah!! Ugh, why can't I just get off my arse and pump so I can bond with my wine glass?!

Jackie- that meeting sounds WONDERFUL! I sooooo wish we had a natural birth community around here, I would give anything to feel like I fit in with other women where birth is concerned. It's so isolating to be the only one.

Wendy- FREE STUFF ROCKS!!! Grady's bed was free and Clara's bed (not painted yet) matches his and was free as well. I love free. They're pretty junky but once I painted DS's it looked great! I can't wait to get Clara's painted, I'm painting it Pepto pink......eventually.

You people are OVERACHIEVERS, every one of you. Clara's birthday is the 1st and I have no present, no idea on a cake and no party theme ideas!!! Nothing, not a darn thing done for her celebration yet. I like the rainbow idea, although with the rainbow cake last year I should've done it then huh. I have to top her cake from last year but that was literally the best I've ever done and it took me that whole weekend to do it! But I feel like I need to outdo myself. Maybe I should just concentrate on the gift first.

I do believe you've been a bit preoccupied for awhile. Wink
And there's no way I'm out doing the owl cake from last year. No way, no how.

Pages

Topic locked