Ok, so we are attempting to get our own place but.....
Dh calls our old apartment, 2 months ago..I think. she says they have a apartment coming up she wants us to move into. Well, a week before we are gonna move, she calls and says it will not be ready for a month. She calls us again about a week ago and said that her tentent is moving out and it would be about Aug 15 until we can move in, which is fine. but still sorta annoyed. now, she calls me and it wont be until september 1st until we can move in!
This apartment is all bills paid with a move in special of $650 a month for a year. then it will go up $25 a year until it tops out at $700.
So, of course I am annoyed. Our lives are being put on hold and I am SO FREAKING TIRED OF LIVING WITH MY PARENTS!!!!!! I called another apartment complex, which is owned by the same people but down the street, in a not so ideal neighborhood.. but still not horrible. They want $625 a month. same apartment but without a large balcony. The original apartment has a huge balcony, this one has about enough room for a bbq pit. Both are upstairs.
The original apartment complex has a piece of land that we were thinking/planning on buying for a great price. we were gonna buy the kids a swing set and dh a boat....
What would you do? Wait it out until the middle of Aug. to see if this "guy" is moving out. Or just move into a different apartment complex all together? Dh wants to wait, and so do I..sorta. but I still am just ready to leave. I need my own space. I need my children back to normal. I need this apartment!!
I'm just about the most impatient person ever. I'd have a hard time waiting in your situation. Sitting way over here though, I'll tell you to try and wait for the place you want. It's just a few weeks, which in the long run won't matter if you think you'll be happier in the place you wanted originally.
I'd wait for what you really want. At least you've got a place to live in the time being! I can't tell you how much I related to being frustrated with wanting to move. It's aggravating, but think on the bright side - at least you have options and not one of them involves living out of your suitcase indefinitely! lol.
Yeah, what Erin said! In the grand scheme a couple weeks isn't so much, but I can't imagine how hard it is sitting where you are. I hope you can come up with an answer that works for you guys (for now and in the long run).
i agree with all the above. i can't imagine how frustrating it would be to wait but if it will all be worth it in the long run i would wait. do you plan on living there long term? it sounds like it if you want to get a swingset so that would factor in too. if it was only temporary i would go for the other place. Good luck!
yeah we're planning on living there for a really long time. we like it there, we just want a real move in date. it's annoying being told one thing.. then a week later something else . dh said he wants to wait until august 15th. if the guy isn't moving out/gone by then, were gonna look else where. thank ya'll! I know i'm just thinking irrationally right now.
You're only thinking irrationally right now because you are at the end of your rope! You're allowed to be irrational when you are in a situation like this. That's why we all come on here and get opinions from everyone else, so we can think things through before we make decisions, it's helpful to see different perspectives.
Can you guys look around some more, does it have to be between just those two places? Maybe if you look a little more you can find someone to rent from that isn't a flake.
I've thought about mentioning that to dh. he is mad at me right now for even calling the other complex because he doesn't want to be miserable forever. he is totally looking forward to that balcony. I am too but, I'd rather not be living here than have a big balcony... lol.
maybe i can make him drive me around looking at apartments today...
Man its hard to wait, but I'd still wait to get the one I really wanted.
~Joy~ DS1-8/5/05, DS2-10/18/10 (VBAC#1), DS3- 4/11/12 (VBAC#2!)
Ask yourself this: In December when it's all said and done where would you be happier putting up your Christmas tree? It's hard now, but when you look back on it later will those extra weeks of 'suffering' be worth it?