The "Will Erin Ever Catch Back Up?" Chat Thread #11

1020 posts / 0 new
Last post
momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634
The "Will Erin Ever Catch Back Up?" Chat Thread #11

:wavehello: It's that time again!

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

I could NOT move and be pregnant at the same time, I'd be a wreck! I mean, like moving away, not just moving into town like we'll do.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

I am very accomplished today so I'm taking a nice break while DD1 mows lawn, Clara takes a nap and who knows what DS and DH are up to.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I have thought about a home birth for the next one, if we needed a transfer I live like 5 mins from the hospital. The cost is the factor though, we could probbaly get some from our private health insurance, but the hospital is free. On the other hand we will have to wait for a baby sitter for Ronin, so probably one of our MUm's and both live and hour/hour and a halrf drive away, so if I do labour like my Mum I could have an unintentional home birth waiting for someone to get here and babysit Ronin. By that point I would be alking to the hospital because I won't be able to drive.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I was typing away in the old thread and then it wouldn't let me post, I felt unloved Smile

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

Oh Anna, I completely forgot to ask you last night if you had an app called realtor.com. I LOVE IT!! My realtor told me about it yesterday and it's so flipping cool. I can't remember what OS your phone runs on, is it Android? Anyway, they have one for Apple and for the Android OS's. You can search for houses in certain areas by drawing a circle on a mapquest type map on the app and it'll pop up all the houses in that circle. From there, you can click on the details of any of them you want to see. It's really cool. I was using the GPS portion of it yesterday while we waited at the dr's office. It pulled up all the real estate around me based on my GPS location.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Hubby has heard a rumour that he may be having a change in his days off to Sunday and Monday. That would be so good I would see him one day a week, well actually I probably wouldn't because he would sit on the xbox all day. It's also a big loss in wages because Sundays are extra pay.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Aiden is refusing to nap this afternoon. After being in the room with him for an hour, I've had enough. Sad He's been screaming this whole time. Doesn't matter if I hold him or not. If he's in his crib, he stands up immediately and cries harder. I put him down, he stands again and screams. I tried rocking him. Tried nursing him to sleep. My back is killing me right now, so I don't want to baby wear him for a whole nap (of course at this point, would it even work?!). I actually broke out the PeaPod I bought and stuffed him in that. At least he can't climb and panic. I actually laid in there with him for a few minutes, but that made the screaming worse.
I don't get enough sleep at night to handle a day with him screaming. I'm losing my patience and my head is killing me. Sad

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"ange84" wrote:

I was typing away in the old thread and then it wouldn't let me post, I felt unloved Smile

ahhh, sorry Wendy! I kicked everyone out though, not just you Biggrin

What does DH say about a hb?

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"alwayssmile" wrote:

Aiden is refusing to nap this afternoon. After being in the room with him for an hour, I've had enough. Sad He's been screaming this whole time. Doesn't matter if I hold him or not. If he's in his crib, he stands up immediately and cries harder. I put him down, he stands again and screams. I tried rocking him. Tried nursing him to sleep. My back is killing me right now, so I don't want to baby wear him for a whole nap (of course at this point, would it even work?!). I actually broke out the PeaPod I bought and stuffed him in that. At least he can't climb and panic. I actually laid in there with him for a few minutes, but that made the screaming worse.
I don't get enough sleep at night to handle a day with him screaming. I'm losing my patience and my head is killing me. Sad

Okay, you HAVE to move closer to at least one of us! You are going to lose it one day.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I know.

I haven't even raised it with him, the cost would be the concerning factor, but he was pretty on board with whatever I wanted last time. He knows I'm not stupid and would look at risks and benefits. The only thing he requested last time was I not attempt a vaginal breech birth because when he did some looking he didn't like what he read about risks.
My Nanna had two home births with her kids, so at least I know not all my family would think I was a freak.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

Where did everyone go???? I only have a few more minutes and it'll be back to the grind for me Sad

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

trying to nuse aidem again

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I don't have long either before I have to get ready for work. Hubby has slept in the spare room the last two nights because Ronin has been sick and having rough nights. I'm exhausted and damn that little kid can take up some bed space.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

at least he screams less w a boob in his mouth

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"ange84" wrote:

I know.

I haven't even raised it with him, the cost would be the concerning factor, but he was pretty on board with whatever I wanted last time. He knows I'm not stupid and would look at risks and benefits. The only thing he requested last time was I not attempt a vaginal breech birth because when he did some looking he didn't like what he read about risks.
My Nanna had two home births with her kids, so at least I know not all my family would think I was a freak.

My DH was pretty okay with it, not excited about it, but okay with it. My mom, however, FLIPPED OUT at the mention of it!! I wouldn't tell her next time until it was too late, then she's just deal with it. My BFF was left speechless when I told her (which if you knew her, you would understand the significance in her being speechless).

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

Jackie- :bigarmhug:

Wendy- kids are bed hogs! I'm so glad Clara is out of my bed, even as little as she was, she took up more space than I did. I've got DH trained to sleep on his side with about 4 inches of room Smile

DS has a snotty nose today. He's been sneezing the last two days, I thought it was just with the windows being open and all the dust, but apparently, he's getting sick. He's drinking OJ non stop and is munching on broccoli and that usually kicks it for him.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Aiden was becoming a bed hog.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

"momW" wrote:

My DH was pretty okay with it, not excited about it, but okay with it. My mom, however, FLIPPED OUT at the mention of it!! I wouldn't tell her next time until it was too late, then she's just deal with it. My BFF was left speechless when I told her (which if you knew her, you would understand the significance in her being speechless).

Half my family think I am nuts anyway so this would just be another thing for them to comment on. One aunt in particular has to comment on all my choices all the time, she was horrified at so many things I did/do like not scheduling a c section, cloth nappies, planning to bf past a year, still rear facing, my plan to go natural for birth etc.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I'm the one who has no room with hubby in there. I'm hoping to get Ronin out, but I just can't do the wake up and walk across to his room and back to ours and then back to his room to put him down again 4 or so times a night and still function in the morning for work. Co sleeping was never planned it just became a necesseity.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

the worst part of today was my mom calling earlier. she basically told me that i wouldnt have problems right now if i sleep trained him at 8 weeks like she did my sister and i.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

my mom might freak out a tad if I went with a home birth. She would get over it though. We would have a midwife come do it so it would be covered by OHIP and we wouldn't have to pay anything.

Jackie:( I have NO IDEA why he could be so upset. I'm wondering if he is experiencing some kind of pain? Like maybe when he is lying down something hurts? I don't know what else is causing such issues...:(

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"ange84" wrote:

Half my family think I am nuts anyway so this would just be another thing for them to comment on. One aunt in particular has to comment on all my choices all the time, she was horrified at so many things I did/do like not scheduling a c section, cloth nappies, planning to bf past a year, still rear facing, my plan to go natural for birth etc.

Yeah, there's a lot of that around. There's just so many people that do not and refuse to look at all the benefits of those things. My MIL thinks I'm out of my mind. She'd never judge me, but I know she doesn't understand me.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"ange84" wrote:

I'm the one who has no room with hubby in there. I'm hoping to get Ronin out, but I just can't do the wake up and walk across to his room and back to ours and then back to his room to put him down again 4 or so times a night and still function in the morning for work. Co sleeping was never planned it just became a necesseity.

cosleeping wasn't working but neither is his crib. i want to cosleep again so that at least im not trooping back and forth!

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"alwayssmile" wrote:

the worst part of today was my mom calling earlier. she basically told me that i wouldnt have problems right now if i sleep trained him at 8 weeks like she did my sister and i.

Sad

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

"alwayssmile" wrote:

the worst part of today was my mom calling earlier. she basically told me that i wouldnt have problems right now if i sleep trained him at 8 weeks like she did my sister and i.

I get that from my Mum too, hers is usually just let him scream and he will eventually fall asleep and that I have to teach him to sleep and drugging him will help with that. She says I'd only have to dope him up for about a week and he'd have learnt to sleep. I just roll my eyes.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"alwayssmile" wrote:

the worst part of today was my mom calling earlier. she basically told me that i wouldnt have problems right now if i sleep trained him at 8 weeks like she did my sister and i.

:bangheaddesk: not helpful!

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634
alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

My son can't figure out how to get back down after pulling up in his crib. so he panics. He stands because he wants me. But when I hold him, he doesn't like that I'm holding him. I can't win with him!

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"ange84" wrote:

I get that from my Mum too, hers is usually just let him scream and he will eventually fall asleep and that I have to teach him to sleep and drugging him will help with that. She says I'd only have to dope him up for about a week and he'd have learnt to sleep. I just roll my eyes.

like benadryl or blackberry brandy like my FIL recommends for every sniffle

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

If CIO worked for DS, he would have been asleep weeks ago. He cries enough now with him being with us!

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

He's quiet and in his crib! Either he's falling asleep or he's dying.

No wait he's decided to babble for Da Da instead. Blum 3

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 06/22/10
Posts: 5602

"alwayssmile" wrote:

My son can't figure out how to get back down after pulling up in his crib. so he panics. He stands because he wants me. But when I hold him, he doesn't like that I'm holding him. I can't win with him!

Actually Lucas did this too. He is just learning to get down himself now though sometimes he forgets. Before that though he would scream or yell for me to come get him down and then when i did he just went right back up again:rolleyes: At night when he does it if I try holding him he just bucks and claws at me. Last night was a rare moment when i picked him up and he cuddled with me.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

"momW" wrote:

like benadryl or blackberry brandy like my FIL recommends for every sniffle

My Mums and old school phenergan or rum girl. I used to take phenergan in my teens and the doctor had prescribed half a tablet and that made me at 14/15 drowsy, imagine a whole one on a baby.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"alwayssmile" wrote:

He's quiet and in his crib! Either he's falling asleep or he's dying.

No wait he's decided to babble for Da Da instead. Blum 3

Smile Hey, daddy, you're up!

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Glad to hear that it's not just Aiden!

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"ange84" wrote:

My Mums and old school phenergan or rum girl. I used to take phenergan in my teens and the doctor had prescribed half a tablet and that made me at 14/15 drowsy, imagine a whole one on a baby.

um, they'd sleep for a week!

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"momW" wrote:

Smile Hey, daddy, you're up!

I sent a text to DH already asking when he's coming home. Hopefully he'll come home sooner rather than later. He already flew and debriefed his flight today.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

Clara's crawling around the kitchen crying every time she looks at me :rolleyes:

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"ange84" wrote:

My Mums and old school phenergan or rum girl. I used to take phenergan in my teens and the doctor had prescribed half a tablet and that made me at 14/15 drowsy, imagine a whole one on a baby.

:eek: Sad

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"alwayssmile" wrote:

I sent a text to DH already asking when he's coming home. Hopefully he'll come home sooner rather than later. He already flew and debriefed his flight today.

I hope he gets there soon enough to give you a little break. I know how hard it is on me when my kids are under 6 months or so and I'm not getting any sleep, I can't imagine dragging that out for a year! :eek:

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

I have definitely reached the "I only want my mama" stage. At least he's okay with DH most of the time too. We discovered Friday night that no one can hold him anymore. Just the week before he didn't care! :banghead:

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"alwayssmile" wrote:

I have definitely reached the "I only want my mama" stage. At least he's okay with DH most of the time too. We discovered Friday night that no one can hold him anymore. Just the week before he didn't care! :banghead:

It's got to be so incredibly hard with no family around to help you out Sad

I hate the stranger anxiety stage!

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Look who just pulled up! Yahoo Daddy's turn to handle the screaming child!!!!

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Well I had best go get ready for work, need to earn money it's an expensive month. Hubby has booked us for lunch for Fathers day on Sunday, then he is thinking he wants to go out for tea for his birthday on Wednesday, then Ronin's party and taking him up to the zoo if my holidays don't need to be changed because everyone else is out of the office at that time with training and stuff so I said if they need to change my holidays I can, all we were doing is taking Ronin to the zoo.

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

I have officially burned an hour of time. I better get back at it. Boo!! My feet are KILLING me! My inside tennis shoes have bit the dust so I've been barefoot most of the day. Have I ever told you girls, do NOT tile 80% of your house, it's really hard on the legs, feet and back?!

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"momW" wrote:

It's got to be so incredibly hard with no family around to help you out Sad

I hate the stranger anxiety stage!

I can't believe I'm saying this but I wish I lived closer to my ILs. They are great grandparents and I truly enjoyed the week I spent with them earlier this summer. Life was a lot less stressful that week.

I want to be as far from my mom as possible. She thinks we're close. Trust me, we're not. Maybe it's because she let me CIO at 8 weeks. Blum 3

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"ange84" wrote:

Well I had best go get ready for work, need to earn money it's an expensive month. Hubby has booked us for lunch for Fathers day on Sunday, then he is thinking he wants to go out for tea for his birthday on Wednesday, then Ronin's party and taking him up to the zoo if my holidays don't need to be changed because everyone else is out of the office at that time with training and stuff so I said if they need to change my holidays I can, all we were doing is taking Ronin to the zoo.

sounds like a very busy month! the zoo is something we really wanted to do this year, but it just hasn't worked out yet. Maybe I'll just plan a trip later in Sept though.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"momW" wrote:

I have officially burned an hour of time. I better get back at it. Boo!! My feet are KILLING me! My inside tennis shoes have bit the dust so I've been barefoot most of the day. Have I ever told you girls, do NOT tile 80% of your house, it's really hard on the legs, feet and back?!

100% of our house is tile! It kills me!

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I'm actually a bit annoyed because we are doing so much for his birthday and father's day when my birthday and mother's day were hardly acknowledged. I guess it's because he has the days off for his two and doesn't get them off for my birthday or mother's day.

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

"ange84" wrote:

I'm actually a bit annoyed because we are doing so much for his birthday and father's day when my birthday and mother's day were hardly acknowledged. I guess it's because he has the days off for his two and doesn't get them off for my birthday or mother's day.

Still....it's not like you have the celebrate ON the day. It's easy to choose another day to use to celebrate those! Sad

Pages