33 week appt

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
squirrel27's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 05/13/08
Posts: 781
33 week appt

Today was my 33 week appt. I haven't gained anything in 2 weeks (phew, since I gained 8 lbs last month, lol) and my bp is 102/64, babys HB was 146 (still the best sound in the world!) and he is head down and engaged! I feel like he's dropped a bit, maybe its just the way I'm carrying. I think he had an arm or something by my hip, b/c walking around this morning was not comfy! I'm measuring 33 weeks, which is great. I dont really want to be measuring too far ahead - I'm still hoping for a smaller baby than DS was!

As for the Csec we talked about 2 weeks ago... (this might get long)
I asked her about the lung development - she said she feels that after 38 weeks baby is "term" and should be ok. I said I will not be 38 weeks on July 15, I will only be 37. She looked confused for a minute and then looked at my chart and said You're right, my mistake. she said she wasnt comfortable doing a csec that early. (yay)
So we went out to the secretary and had her check the bookings - july 15 was booked and I was on a waiting list for it, and given that I wont be 38+ weeks she didnt want to do it then. So we talked about the next week - except that my doc will be on holidays that week so she'd have to find another doc to do it ... but the secretary said that week was pretty much booked too, b/c the OR closes down the next week (25th) until the 5th of Aug.

GREAT... So, it looks like everything from last time is still up in the air. Arg. I'm frustrated, and to be honest my doc looked pretty frustrated. She then said maybe it should be done closer to my due date (which I was already arguing for lol) and said she will have to make some calls and get back to me. damn administrative BS!!!

So, as much as I am at peace with having a Csec, if I'm going to be having a different doc and all this confusion and I am healthy and so is baby, maybe I should be looking at a vaginal birth again... lol! Personally, I dont want an induction again, if it goes that way, book the OR! but if I can go into labor on my own.... i dont know.
Anyway... so everything is pretty much up in the air again. Frustrating, but makes me feel better that baby will be baking an extra week or 2 longer than originally thought.

Oh and I will hear back in the next week about my next u/s around 36 weeks Biggrin yay for seeing baby again!!!
So theres my appt!

joysiloo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 09/04/06
Posts: 1054

I'm so glad you mentioned the dates! 37 weeks is way too early unless there's a really good reason. I'm sure it's frustrating now, not knowing, but it isn't such a bad idea to wait and see if you go into labor on your own. If the baby's in an optimal position (OA, not OP) and things move along nicely, than why not vbac? If not, no big deal since you'd be having your section with another doctor anyway.

squirrel27's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 05/13/08
Posts: 781

joysiloo - this would be my 1st csec so it isnt a vbac... which I guess makes it easier. lol Smile

KerriWeasel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 week ago
Joined: 01/28/10
Posts: 464

That sounds frustrating. Oh the positive side your baby can stay put and grow for a few weeks.

rubyslippersbaby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/29/10
Posts: 324

Glad your appt went well!! Smile

isuche02's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 10/08/08
Posts: 1122

It is frustrating for things to be up in the air but at least you are going to be giving the LO more time to bake Smile

I am glad your appts are going well too. That is always a relief.