It is official, Natalie is allergic to milk and peanuts. This whole thing has been a little shocking since there are no food allergies in our family. We have been struggling for months to figure out her allergies. We figured out milk first at 11 months but kept having these random reactions that didn't make sense. At 11 months, I had started her over with foods - baby purees adding one new one every few days. Nothing made sense. It wasn't until she tried peanut butter for the first time at 1 year and 2 days that she had a very obvious reaction (hives across face, throwing up, lethargic). Now, I'm pretty sure all those early reactions were from cross contamination or from my breastmilk. I'm glad to finally have the answers and they did a full allergy panel so we know she is not allergic to any of the other common allergens (except cats).
Last night the rest of us had to let go of some of our favorite foods. There was lots of complaining in the house as I explained that peanut butter had to go and all other nuts and then random things like our BBQ sauce with its traces of peanuts, etc. We also reviewed when and how to use the epi-pen.
There is 80% chance of outgrowing milk allergy and 20% chance of outgrowing peanut allergy.
Thanks for reading all of that. This is stressful and all I think about lately.