I got a new lens!!!! Over the Spring Break, Randall told me to go ahead. I would have loved to have bought the 50mm 1.4, but I had to go with the 1.8. I really shouldn't have bought it seeing that we didn't have the money, but Randall wants me to learn more and more and I was so excited to purchase it. I went to Best Buy, but they didn't have it, so I called the local video/camera store and they did! I went straight there and got it! I was so excited. I love the bokeh on it. I was amazed at how much it changed the look of my pics. I have this horrible ugly fence, and it make it look like I didn't have a fence! YEAH!
Anyways, here a few new pics. Some are with the 50mm, so aren't. CC please. I need to learn.
1)- 50mm lens. I don't know what I was doing wrong on the set of pics I took last night, but something is off. I feel like some of it is oof, like his left (our right) eye. Shutter speed to slow?
1/160, f/1.8, ISO- 800 (had to go high b/c I didn't want to use the flash and the sun was almost gone)
2) 50 mm. This is hard for me to post b/c we had to put her to sleep on Monday. We only had her for 6 days, but she had parvo. She was a super sweet dog though.
1/500, f/1.8, ISO- 100
3) Not 50mm. This was taken at the park about a week ago.
1/200, f/4.2, ISO- 250
4) This was taken at the canoe race. Just wondering what I could have done better. I know the background isn't great, but I love my men!
can't get the info on this one, but I am sure the ISO was about 200 or so.
1st off ... YAY for the new lens!!!!!
Here's my c&c ... can't comment too much on color b/c I'm at work and not calibrated (and on a sucky monitor :P )
1. You do only have 1 eye in focus. That's the f/1.8 ... if you had closed it down just a little ... say 2.2, I think you would have been able to get both eyes and maybe even his mouth, nose and chin as well. Great composition though - he's got such a sweet face! I dunno how you don't spend all day kissing it.
2. what a sweet face! that must be breaking your heart that she was only w/ you for a few days. this is a really nice shot and both eyes look great. again, I think I would close the ap down just a little so that the whole face and maybe the ears were also in focus.
3. LOVE THIS ONE!!! What a great use of shade! I can see the bright sun behind her, but her face looks perfectly exposed and her eyes have very nice light in them!!!
4. this is a super sweet moment - plain and simple! I love how they're gazing at one another. SO SWEET! as for making it better ... the only thing I can think of is that there is a lot of negative space at the top. and since the background isn't super, I would consider a tighter crop. I know this screws up print proportions, but really, it's the only thing that I find 'off' about the shot.
TFS, Sadie!!! I can't wait to see your next batch of pics w/ the 50mm. That lens is the one that really turns things around for so many of us (it did for me)! I know you are going to do GREAT THINGS with it!
Thanks GiGi. I will use it more this week, so I am looking forward to posting some new pics. I have a maternity shoot coming up, plus some kid shots as well. Thanks for the advice on closing it up some. I will try that. I also agree with the negative space. I will recrop! THANKS!
I really like your pics. I am so sorry about your puppy, what a sweet little face she had. What is parvo? I love the pic of her....that bokeh is so interesting--was there tall grass around her, maybe, that made those little "brushstrokes" all around her?
Here's a link for parvo. It was bad. We were upset b/c we got her from a local pound and she HAD to have had it when we got her, but they are denying it. Actually, the bokeh is mainly just grass. It's not tall at all, just our brown grass. Can't wait until we get green grass, but then that means we need to mow!
Thanks for the comments.
What an awful disease. And that the pound is denying it's there--that is horrible of them and it'll lead to many more heartbreaks
I know I can't wait for new green grass either!