Yesterday we FINALLY had a soaking, all-day rain after months and months of nothing. Just wanted to share some pics I took late-afternoon afterwards.
I know the comp on these isn't that great but I was just enjoying all the droplets...
I've always loved sparkly things. Ask my Mother. LOL
WOW! These are truly amazing! I have a thing for floral photography, but I don't do it very well myself. thanks for helping me get my fix.
1. I happen to ADORE the comp here! It reminds me of a sunset (in reverse). It also makes me wonder, if I held my hand out, would the water droplets fall into my palm?
2. LOVE the rich colors here. This just screams fall to me.
3. This is a lovely flower and I love the detail in the petals and water drops. Nice bokeh here too.
4. I really love the comp here. The separation between the 2 blossoms draws my eye across the image. NICE EFFECT!
5. Cool take on the clover. It almost feels like you're looking at something much more grand than clover ... the birds eye view really changes your perspective.
6 & 7. These are two of my favorites. The bokeh is so creamy and in such stark contrast to the sharp detail of the water drops. Here the drops really do look like little diamonds.
8. here's that comp again ... LOVE IT and the colors here totally change the overall effect. Very cool!
9. this looks so fresh and so ... I dunno ... close. I feel like I could reach out and touch it. DIMENSION. That's what I was trying to say. This doesn't look like a flat image. It feels like I'm looking through a window at something just out of reach (but oh so close to touchable).
10. WOW! The rich red on the field of creamy green is just perfect!
WHAT A DIFFERENCE the shorter rain makes! That first one, while wet looks more like it's tearing or something rather than glistening with rain. And I love how dry the leaf looks in the 2nd shot with just those small drops on it. The last is my favorite of this bunch. I just love how the water drop acts as a magnifying glass. VERY cool effect!
WOW! These are AMAZING! I love the first one. That has to be one of my fav pics ever! 7 & 8 are right there with it! You have the perfect eye for this photography. You amaze me. Great shots. I think the comps are fine b/c my eye was always drawn where it needed to be!
Sadie- mommy to Ruthie & Randy
These are beautiful!
Wife to Rich~ 8/16/03 Mom to Nathan~ 9/30/07
I love #7 - it's definitely my favorite.
Glad you didn't get washed away in the 'Burgh. Here in Harrisburg, it didn't stop until well after dark. I was bummed because I really wanted to get some pics after the rain too.
My "babies" are Abigail (6/06) and Caleb (1/08 )
Thank you everyone so much! I really enjoy looking down lately LOL...to see the littlest of things to photograph, that is. The leaves in #6 & #7 are only about 1/4-inch long IRL, in the lawn. I love things like that because it's like a micro-ecosystem, so many things happening in such a tiny space.
I have only 2 other water-droplet photos that I ever took, and on the one (I think I shared it back in the beginning of my coming to this forum), they look just like little diamonds on a maple leaf. So sparkly!