Whew. What a wonderful year it has been! Photography has always been a passion of mine, and well, nothing has changed! I had an Olympus p&s for a long time, and it did me well, I just got frustrated with the fact that I couldn't adjust any settings, and the shutter speed was wayyyyy too slow with little ones. My sweet Randall saved up 1/2 the money to buy me a DSLR. I was going for the cheaper one, but he made me go for the mid-priced one. He's the best! In July of 2009 I received my Nikon D90 and I fell in love. Of course, a lot of things changed, as in my opinion of photography. I thought I would pick up the camera and understand it perfectly! WRONG! I struggled, posted some in auto and didn't understand why I was getting the response I was getting. ( I know now though! ) So, after my long story, here is my 1yr+ anniversary. Bear with me b/c it might get long!
1) July '09 - First photo I LOVED. I took this on auto and thought it was PERFECT! I still ADORE this shot b/c it's of my Ruthie, but I see what's wrong with it now.
ruthie by sadieruth, on Flickr
2) August '09- Realized I wouldn't learn if I didn't take the step to Manual, so I started...
Ruthie1 by sadieruth, on Flickr
3. Sep '09- Still not understanding most of it....
Randy@park by sadieruth, on Flickr
4. Oct '09- Still one of my favs. I felt like I knew what I was doing when I took this! It's still framed on my mantle.
ruthie-closeup by sadieruth, on Flickr
5. Oct '09 - 1st session. SIL's nephew who wanted senior pics. They were thrilled with these! NOT ME! About this time, I learned about sharpening! Can you tell?!
joechair3 by sadieruth, on Flickr
6. Nov '09- Still one of my favs b/c it's just little Randy! Trying for a decent b&w and failing. It's framed on my mantle too!
bubsilly by sadieruth, on Flickr
7 & 8. Nov '09- 2nd session with my sisters. Like my dull b&w and the tree coming out of my sister's head?
sue&kidskissb&wsoft by sadieruth, on Flickr
simonkissingshare by sadieruth, on Flickr
9. Dec '09- Um, no clue here. Can't comment b/c I see TONS wrong here!
ruthie&tree2 by sadieruth, on Flickr
10. Jan '10- Trying to capture special moments. Too cold outside for photo shoots, so we were just playing on this day! I was scared to have my camera out in the snow!
ruthiesnow by sadieruth, on Flickr
11. Feb '10- Randy in the snow as well.
bubbysnow by sadieruth, on Flickr
12- March '10- Received my new 50mm 1.8 lens! Thought I could nail the 1.8 on my first pic! Seriously, still can't do it!
bubfinal-web by sadieruth, on Flickr
13- 3rd session in March '10-
h&jkiss by sadieruth, on Flickr
14- April '10- I was pleased with this one except for the hand chop!
peeksisb&w by sadieruth, on Flickr
15- May '10 -Still adore this one! I know some don't like the processing, but I do! Made the switch to RAW as well b/c I finally received PSE 8!!!!!
5.10 by sadieruth, on Flickr
16- May '10- 4th session with my brother & SIL-
g&cwm by sadieruth, on Flickr
17 & 18- June '10- 5th session with my nephews
S1LFwm by sadieruth, on Flickr
t6lfwm by sadieruth, on Flickr
19- June '10- mission trip to Honduras-
sweetboywm by sadieruth, on Flickr
20- June '10- 6th session with friends-
bellyvinwm by sadieruth, on Flickr
21- July '10- Wedding for my brother & SIL (failed miserably at these I know!)
wedding3 by sadieruth, on Flickr
22- link 1 to recent session
link 2 to recent session
23- just a recent one of my little man. Looks like he's coming home from a long day of work!
londdayofwork-web by sadieruth, on Flickr
Sorry so long, and thanks for looking!!!! I hope to improve TONS more in the next year!
Sadie, I really loved going through this! I remember so many of these photos. You've learned so much, and it shows. Love that last one, so sweet! Are you scrapbooking any of these?
Gwen, Mommy to Andrew, Jordan, Natalie & Jack
My blog - all things family, photography and crafty
I see leaps of improvement. I always say there is always room for improvement in photography. Heck, I am in this almost 3 years (I am a slow learner, slow as molasses), but I enjoy it. I don't want to rush into something I enjoy. Even professionals make mistakes! Keep at it, can't wait to see what your two year anniversary will be.
-El mommy to B & A
Just chug-chug-chugging along.
Thanks ladies! I really truly appreciate your kind words! I know that I am nowhere near being a professional, but I hope to one day be there. I loved making this thread!
I hope to see some more like it soon b/c I love looking at these.
WTG Sadie!! I didn't realize you had come along just before me. I thought you had been over here longer.
You've imporved by leaps and bounds and should be really proud!!!
My 1 year annviersary is October 16th and I'm really excited to see how I've improved
~ Jennifer ~ Check Out My Blog
Rylee Elizabeth & Tyler Ray