I have 5 to share this week, but I only took 2 with my dslr. And to be honest, I like the ones I took with my iPhone better I'm sure I've mentioned the weekly challenge I do on flikr before, but this week's theme is funky. I got 2 of Ryken that are just 'ok' in my mind. The 3 silhouettes I took with my iPhone last night. I SOOO wish I would have had my camera, but I'm still pretty happy with how these turned out. I adjusted temperature and exposure slightly with a program on my phone, so they're barely pp'd.
1. I know this is slightly oof. Since we moved, I haven't found a very good spot inside to shoot yet. Oh, and he is most definitely do the peace sign, not a gang sign He just learned it, so sometimes he can't keep is other fingers down!
1/80, f 2.0, iso 400 33/52- Funky by willis2485, on Flickr
2. I can't decide if I like this one or not. I wish his peace sign was a little more obvious, his other fingers slightly up bother me. I dunno...
ss 1/80, f 2.0, iso 400 IMG_6124 by willis2485, on Flickr
Katie ... your boys just OOZE personality! I love the peace sign!
1. The OOF areas don't really bother me too much as his hands are in pretty good focus and my eyes naturally go right there. But there is something off here. Can't quite put my finger on it. My first thought was that maybe this needed a bit more contrast, but I can see how that might cause some blow outs - especially on his shirt and face. Maybe a little more fill on his face so that his right eye isn't so dark. I'm not sure. But I still love this shot. And b&w seems like a great choice here!
2. I think this is really sweet. His eyes look great here and I actually love that he doesn't quite have the peace sign down right. It seems age appropriate and something you want to remember, kwim? Color and focus look really nice here!
3. I love these next 3 and can't believe they were taken w/ a phone! Even if it WAS an iPhone. All 3 are great, but this first one is my favorite, I think. I love seeing fathers with their children and this is one of those classic moments, imho. I would seriously have to consider some kind of big print of this were it my shot. :+)
4. Love this one too - just something about kids playing together that tugs at me. You really rocked your iPhone w/ these shots!
5. I love the perspective on this one. He looks so tiny in that big body of water. Color, focus, mood, everything is perfect here (imho).
I don't know what happened to the post I was SURE I had posted with your CC. Anyway ...
On the whole, I think your pp for this shot is pretty good. I am amazed with all of those bright colors that you don't have a real problem w/ color casts. In fact, both the dog and your DD look pretty good and not all fruit loop colored.
The comp here just doesn't quite work. I think if you were to try this again, you might want to get on the other side of your DD so that you can catch more of her face. Straight on with the dog charging through might have been a good perspective too (though it might be scary if the dog were to launch right at you).
Good on you for trying something new! I like the idea and think you could try it again sometime to see if the changes in angle might make it work better.
1. I'm a sucker for animal! I think it's a very sweet photo. The blacks do seem to be clipped on her back, but that could just be from the bright light on her. It doesn't bother me at all, though. I love the way her paws are crossed. Love, love!
2 & 3. I like these both a lot. These are some of the shots I love of my kiddos the most...just them being kids I do prefer 1 because of his facial expression. You can tell he was really into the drawing. I also with the cube toy wasn't in #2.