This is for PrePro on ILP. I know this is a huge amount of pics to get through, so don't feel like you have to comment on everything. But, hopefully having enough courage to apply again will pay off. I sent in a set like 5-6 months ago, and it totally was not ready. So maybe this time around.
I have 4 that I can take out completely (I have to have 45 since I'm re-applying). I'm thinking 6 (the color is bugging me), 26, 41, and 43 (Flickr keeps over sharpening).
Here's the set:
Thanks so much for taking a look!
It looks really good. I think you have a good set here.
4) I love this one, but wish baby was on the right side of the photo so it's head was pointing into the frame.
5) Baby's face seems a litte dark.
6) I personally really like thisone and would keep it in the set. Mybe some of the left needs cropped off?
7) Gorgeous - love it!
9) Not my favorite comp, but ok overall
10) I want to love this one, but mom's chin is bugging e and the floor baseboard too. Love the conversion though.
*11) I would take out. Cool pose, but wish he was more in focus. Have some funny limb chops in this one.
12) Total keeper
14) So sweet - looks good
15) OK - her face could be brightened a little?
17) Not sure how I feel about the b/w here - would like to see in color. This one is really centered too.
1 Did you bur the background? I can see some bltchiness around his ears.
*19) Looks a little snapshotty
21) I can't put my finer on it, but something wth the comp is bugging me.
22) Very nice
23) Love this one
26) I would leave since it's the only full family shot in your set. I like it.
27) This one isn't doing much for me.
2 Really cute, but wish that green box wasn't there.
29) I wonder what this one would look like in portrait orientation?
SOrry - I will try to come back to this later - my session just rang the doorbell
At quick glance, you have a very strong set. I'm going to try to get back later tonight with more specific comments.
visit my blog! http://estiphotography.blogspot.com/
I'm gonna have to come back when I have more time (it's 6:15, and DH didn't even think to make dinner while I was gone grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr). But I'm excited that you're applying again!
Gwen, Mommy to Andrew, Jordan, Natalie & Jack
My blog - all things family, photography and crafty
i took a quick glance, 31 isn't as strong as your others, 41 feels like a snapshot just because he's smiling like ho hum, otherwise very nice set! good luck!
Thanks for the CC everyone!
Wow...thems a lot of pictures!
2. One of my favorites
4. Not feeling the composition on this one - maybe a closer crop?
5. Maybe brighten the face a bit more - especially on the left side of her face.
6. Almost! Crop so the baby's eyes are in the lower right 3rd instead of bottom center...you'll lose the blue and the top of the bed, but I think it's worth it.
7. I wish I could see the baby's face better.
8 Maybe add a texture?
11. Not sure - I don't like how he's not in focus. Since they are both looking at the camera it doesn't look like it was on purpose.
13. Composition isn't the strongest.
14. So sweet
16. Sigh - so sweet.
17. The bw makes the foliage look cluttered and your subject is getting lost. Maybe do this one in color?
19. Snap. Eyes are too close to center
20. Not loving the conversion - cute shot though
21. Again - not in love with the conversion.
23. Bummer that the shelf is crooked.
25. don't love - chin chop
26. Not sure. I like it, but I worry that we're too far away from the subject and that they are competing with the background for attention.
27. Don't like this one...not the most flattering belly shot.
28. snap - maybe with a different pp?
29. Maybe crop this square?
30. No - snap
31. I'd crop an inch off the left and 1.5 inches from the bottom.
33. Baby looks yellow - too close in color to the basket. I'd edit to change the color of both slightly.
38. Needs something processing wise to give it more punch and a more finished look.
43 don't love his posture...looks uncomfortable and unwilling
44. so cute
47. very cute
48. cool wall!
49. His lips look a touch blue - I'd pink them up, otherwise...I LOVE this one!
Amber, what do you mean by snap? I'm sitting here trying to figure it out.
Its overall a nice set...
I think that a few of your color images have a little bit of color issues...4,5 and 6.
Also the pic thats also in ur siggy (sorry forget which #) it is...seems like a snap to me.
I got into prepro last month, i can show you my set if you want...let me know.