Logan and I had our 'Fathers Day' shoot yesterday. The hat he's wearing is Carlos' fathers day gift from Loli. Overall, I'm pretty darned pleased w/ the results. I haven't done any wb corrections yet, just pulled the pics off the camera and uploaded. I'd love a little feed back on which you guys think are worth the time editing. I know some of the ones I like are simply mommy goggles.
All shots were taken at 3pm in full sun (*sigh*) with my 50mm at 100 iso. The heat and humidity were killer, so I only managed about 15-20 minutes for the whole shoot. Which I guess for Loli is actually a pretty long time.
1. f/7.1 ss=1/50
2. f/7.1 ss=1/50
3. f/2.2 ss=1/400
4. f/2.2 ss=1/250
5. f/2.2 ss=1/500
6. f/2.2 ss=1/800 [this is one of those mommy goggle shots, for sure]
7. f/2.2 ss=1/500
8. f/2.2 ss=1/400 [anyone know a good way to reduce the look of those cookie crumbs?]
Like I said, I haven't started to edit these yet. WB is all over the place so I know for sure I'll be working on that. Plus, I have a few I want to try some conversions on. I was just hoping to get a little feedback before I start editing in earnest.
OK. I couldn't wait. I *had* to start on a collage (it's my thing, what can I say?)!
This is too modern for Carlos' tastes, but I like it. I still get the feeling this design would work well for a Senior guy (I just don't have any lining up for me to shoot ).
Now I gotta go back to editing and clean up the pictures, work on some conversions, and come up w/ a collage for Carlos now.
Those are super cute! I like 3.. the blurred green in the background makes him pop...I like 4 too but think maybe play with a tighter crop maybe and see what that looks like...I think 6 is really cute, i like his expression..it makes me smile. And I like number 8 too. Are you thinking of doing b&w conversions? I love doing b&w conversions.. color is my weak area. Can't wait to see what you come up with
LOVE 2, 3 and 4!! LOVE!
visit my blog! http://estiphotography.blogspot.com/
1 (with tighter crop), 2 and 4!!! I LOVE number 6 to, shows great character I would crop any tht so his legs so it looks like he is wearing long pants instead of shorts (goes with the look better)...
I like the two "background" pics on the collage, but the design and cut out on the middle photo doesn't work for me... also, since he is in all black, maybe you could add red of something to the background to have them "POP"
Your hubby will be so thrilled! (with photos AND the hat )
Beth... mom to Andrea 7-26-97, Gavin 10-16-01, Kade 5-25-08 and Bentli Grace 09-09-09.
I'll come back for detailed CC when I have some time. I have to get Jack in the bath and the kids to bed. But I am loving the set!
What a cool idea and gift!!!! Such a creative idea.
LOVE 3 & 5. 7 looks like a bit too much of an angle and 8 looks like he has no neck.
I know you're going to make a great collage, can't wait to see!!!
~ Jennifer ~ Check Out My Blog
Rylee Elizabeth & Tyler Ray
GiGi, I just love seeing your little man!
I know you're in Texas and it's hot ... but I don't think the shorts look right with what he's wearing. I feel like he should be wearing pants. that's the biggest thing I noticed when I looked at these. I know you can't change that after the fact, and it probably doesn't bother you at all. but I'm just sharing my thoughts on these.
1. Love this one. Surprised your ap was so closed and SS so slow though. I'd like this better if it was an upper body crop, I think the focus needs to be on his face/hat
2. love this! just too cute!! again, surprised at your aperture here though.
3. too centered for my taste, but nice bokeh!!!! skin looks good to me, and focus is really nice for being so wide open.
4. this is too red all over, and needs to be brightened a smidge. he looks like he's almost done here, was he?
5. love his expression! this one seems a little on the red side too but not as much as the one above.
6. no mommy goggles, it's really cute!
7. skin tones seem different here than the ones above. he's warmer, and there's less red. I'd play with WB on this one to make it match more. not liking that we're missing an arm though, seems off.
8. I'd try the healing brush on the cookie crumbs (on a duplicate layer so you can play with opacity some when you're done)
I'm with Carlos on the collage ... I think it would work for a senior, but it does look modern, and just doesn't grab me as representing your little boy and this shoot. I do like you how you did the b&w on here though.
Thanks everyone. I know what you mean about the shorts. I actually brought pants with us, but it WAS so VERY VERY HOT & HUMID that I just couldn't go through with it.
I've been working on the color casts and evening out the skin tones. Also, cloning out those cookie crumbs (I need to remember to save bribes until AFTER the pictures). In the mean time, here's another collage I'm considering.