Easter Share
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Easter Share

  1. #1
    Mega Poster La123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,958

    Default Easter Share

    We had an easer egg hunt for my little guy, and his 16 month old cousin. It was so much fun, and I was dying to get some good pictures. I got a 5 in 1 reflector which I planned to use, but of course it wasn't realistic, with chasing two toddlers around. That's ok. There are lots of problems with these that I can see myself, leg chops.... not enough light in the eyes. Oh well, I like em anyways. I've been working on my PPing, trying different things out. I've got a long way to go, that's for sure! What do you think of the conversion? Is it too two dimensional? CC welcome

    Exposure:0.002 sec (1/640)
    Aperture:f/2.8
    Focal Length:50 mm
    ISO Speed: 200
    Easter_02WM

    Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200)
    Aperture: f/2.8
    Focal Length: 50 mm
    ISO Speed: 200
    Easter_03WM

    Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/640)
    Aperture: f/2.8
    Focal Length: 50 mm
    ISO Speed: 200
    Easter_06WM

    And for fun, coloured eggs and carnival glass I used Katie's sunshiny action on this.
    Exposure: 0.033 sec (1/30)
    Aperture: f/1.4
    Focal Length: 50 mm
    ISO Speed: 200
    Easter_07WM

    And my siggy

    TFL!

  2. #2
    Posting Addict sadieruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    16,631

    Default

    I had to laugh at picturing you chasing them around and *trying* to use a reflector!

    1) I like, but is there noise or something? Something looks odd on my computer.
    2) I LOVE. The contrasty b&w is great. Comp is good too!
    3) I like the vintage-y look here too.
    4) Simply adore this. The action works great here. Well done!
    5) LOVE that expression. Wish I could see it a bit bigger though!
    Sadie- mommy to Ruthie & Randy
    My blog

  3. #3
    Mega Poster La123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadieruth View Post
    I had to laugh at picturing you chasing them around and *trying* to use a reflector!

    1) I like, but is there noise or something? Something looks odd on my computer.
    2) I LOVE. The contrasty b&w is great. Comp is good too!
    3) I like the vintage-y look here too.
    4) Simply adore this. The action works great here. Well done!
    5) LOVE that expression. Wish I could see it a bit bigger though!
    Thanks for the CC! I wonder what is off on that first pic, I notice it too. ISO was 200 so I don't know if you get noise that low. It could be something that I did to it in PP I was really trying a lot of things.. lol. It could also be that his skin is just rough on his cheeks from teething?
    I was just joking about the siggy pic, but I'll post it big of you want to see

  4. #4
    Posting Addict sadieruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    16,631

    Default

    I don't know what's off either. Can we see the SOOC? I added you as a contact btw...now I can see it bigger!
    Sadie- mommy to Ruthie & Randy
    My blog

  5. #5
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    4,842

    Default

    1) really nice comp. focus looks nice too. (I can't comment on color as I'm at work on a sucky monitor). It doesn't look noisy to me though. You could probably have gotten away with a lower iso or at least a slower shutter speed. You shouldn't need more that 1/200 to freeze a toddler sitting on the ground. And by slowing down the shutter speed, not only do you allow more light to come in, but it makes the colors deeper.

    2) I'm a fan of b&w and this is done VERY nicely, imho! the whites are blown on the jacket, especially on her right shoulder (our left). Not sure if this was done in the conversion process, but if the color isn't blown, you might back off the contrast just a little (w/ a layer mask) in that area.

    3) Great catch! Love the comp here! What a cutie indeed! And I can't believe how much is in focus w/ such a wide open ap!

    4) nice use of the action here! Love the way the 'chick' is peeking out over the eggs. COOL!

    5) and your siggy is A-FREAKIN-DORABLE! Nice conversion to boot.

    TFS,
    GiGi

  6. #6
    Mega Poster La123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadieruth View Post
    I don't know what's off either. Can we see the SOOC? I added you as a contact btw...now I can see it bigger!
    On flickr? I can't see you.. LOL I'm not so good at using flickr. I have no friends on there!

  7. #7
    Mega Poster La123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acarbo99 View Post
    1) really nice comp. focus looks nice too. (I can't comment on color as I'm at work on a sucky monitor). It doesn't look noisy to me though. You could probably have gotten away with a lower iso or at least a slower shutter speed. You shouldn't need more that 1/200 to freeze a toddler sitting on the ground. And by slowing down the shutter speed, not only do you allow more light to come in, but it makes the colors deeper.

    2) I'm a fan of b&w and this is done VERY nicely, imho! the whites are blown on the jacket, especially on her right shoulder (our left). Not sure if this was done in the conversion process, but if the color isn't blown, you might back off the contrast just a little (w/ a layer mask) in that area.

    3) Great catch! Love the comp here! What a cutie indeed! And I can't believe how much is in focus w/ such a wide open ap!

    4) nice use of the action here! Love the way the 'chick' is peeking out over the eggs. COOL!

    5) and your siggy is A-FREAKIN-DORABLE! Nice conversion to boot.

    TFS,
    GiGi
    Thank you for CCing! It's really nice of you to take the time to CC everyone! On #2 the sooc is very slightly blown, which I recovered in ACR. I probably "re-blew" it in PP I'll go back and mask back a few areas. Thanks again!

  8. #8
    Posting Addict sadieruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    16,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by La123 View Post
    On flickr? I can't see you.. LOL I'm not so good at using flickr. I have no friends on there!
    Apparently I am not that great either, b/c I had to search and search to see if I did add you! I did add you though. Maybe you have accept me. Check your email and see if there's something there. That's what happened last time, it showed up on my email.
    Sadie- mommy to Ruthie & Randy
    My blog

  9. #9
    Mega Poster La123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadieruth View Post
    Apparently I am not that great either, b/c I had to search and search to see if I did add you! I did add you though. Maybe you have accept me. Check your email and see if there's something there. That's what happened last time, it showed up on my email.
    YAY! I figured it out, thanks! I added you back.

  10. #10
    Posting Addict coolmama72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,760

    Default

    very cute!

    1. doesn't seem noisy to me. focus looks good here but he seems a little on the yellow side to me. just slightly, like he needs a touch of red. I'd love to see a vintage processing on this. (of course, if you used a sort of honey processing, then ignore my color comments)

    2. love your conversion on this. I'd only go back and fix the blown spots if you're getting it printed.

    3. this makes me think you're using a honey processing because she definitely looks honey-ish. I like it.

    4. this is A-DORABLE!
    Gwen, Mommy to Andrew, Jordan, Natalie & Jack




    My blog - all things family, photography and crafty

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions