I'm going into sessions now trying not to rush, to use my light better in an effort to get better sooc's and better over all. I didn't take me long at all to process these images so i'm proud of myself for that. any CC offered is welcome
1. taken in the master bedroom, with this VERY LAVENDER shade of paint on the walls. At least there was a nice patio door cameral left to give me some decent light. the SOOC had wicked purple casts:
f/5, 1/200, ISO 800
2. Conversion for cc f/3.5 1/160, iso same--i took this one prior to the one above and realized i shoud close my ap up to get everything in focus
3. taken in same room. i think he still has a bit of purple in his skin.
f/3.5 1/160, iso 500
4. my newest seamless. LOVE IT!! taken in baby's room, natural light camera left.
f/5.6, 1/125, ISO 800
#1 Looks good, think you did a great job getting rid of the purple.
#2 I think it could use a bit of brightness, this conversion seems a tad dark.
#3 Cute shot he looks so sweet, I do agree his head does look a bit purple.
I get colour issues in my bedroom cause its bright orange, so I know how extreme colour can be difficult to work with.
#4 An absolutly beautiful family portrit, I am sure the family will love this one.
* Amanda *
I love #1 and #4! Really nice!
To me, #4 might be even stronger if they were all a little more to the right and the baby more in the center.
Just curious, with the colour issues you had in the bedrooms, did they request shooting in those rooms?
Married Anthony April 2, 2005
Nora born Feb. 14th, 2007
Micah born Jan. 20, 2009
I love #1 and #4 but I agree that #4 would be much more pleasing to me if they were all shifted to our right; also I wish I could see something of Dad's legs, so he didn't look like he was floating, and/or an extension of Mom...
~*~ my photography site ~*~
will rework #4 and see if i can recrop it or extend the canvas or something
Great set! I know the family is going to truly treasure these shots. I am impressed with how well these turned out despite the purple wall. I have a lot of trouble removing purple (& orange, for some reason).
1. this is probably my favorite of the set (though it's hard to pick). Great job removing the purple here! Great use of their window light to make them shine - especially the wee one.
2. I don't mind the high contrast, but mom's face looks a bit soft. You might back off the vignette as well - seems a little too strong to me.
3. I'm at work, so color is hard for me to comment on right now, but I do think I see a bit of the purple around his nose. Love this one otherwise. What a cutie!
4. pp have mentioned anything I might about this one. I love your new seamless here! great color and works so well with this shot.
TFS! I love seeing your work!
Purple casts are NOT fun....
1. I think you did a great job here removing it. I LOVE this one! Well done!
2. I agree, parents are a bit soft... The conversion looks purple to me... I agree with GiGi on the vignette.
3. My only cc here is maybe crop that bump/pillow thing out on the left.
4. GREAT shot. The vignette pulls away from it in my opinion b/c it's on dad's head.
Sadie- mommy to Ruthie & Randy