A few of my baby

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
La123's picture
Joined: 04/11/08
Posts: 815
A few of my baby

So as it turns out, newborn shots of your own are super hard! or maybe its just me Blum 3 I also have a lot to learn about shooting newborns, as this was only my second time shooting one. Anyways, I did get a few that I am quite happy with, as the mommy Biggrin All with my rebel and 50mm CC is always welcome, as long as you don't call my baby ugly Blum 3

roughly 1.4 ISO 200, F 1.8, SS (1/320) for all

1.Oliver 8 days old 067wn

2. I wanted to post the color version of this, but I forgot to watermark, so b&w it is!
Oliver 8 days old 033 BW wm

3.Oliver 11 days old 026

4.Oliver 8 days old 087 BW wm

5.Oliver 11 days old 007BW

ETA - my birth announcement for fun. I just ordered it from WHCC on art linen paper.. I can't wait to get it!
front

back

kris10gal's picture
Joined: 11/02/07
Posts: 1306

Gorgeous Lauren! I hope I can get some as good as these! I've been meaning to ask you where you got your furry blanket? I found some fabric at the fabric store, but it doesn't look as nice as yours. We did art linen for our Christmas cards this year and they turned out fabulous! I'm thinking we'll use the same for our LO's announcements Smile His little smile is too cute!!

Jeffininer's picture
Joined: 11/07/07
Posts: 1796

I came out of lurkdom and logged in through the annoyingly long login process to tell you these are amazing!!! The creaminess of the skin and the focus is spot on. Your black and whites are just stunning. My favorite is #3, the pose, processing, and composition are just too sweet to not love. Also, great job on the announcment. Love the pencil/hand drawn look.

I would say you have some great talent for newborns!

Joined: 04/23/06
Posts: 485

beautiful! He is a big baby, and so handsome...congrats mama!

TracyF's picture
Joined: 08/14/06
Posts: 2345

Absolutely fantastic!!! I love them! And no WAY is your baby ugly. Biggrin He's so adorable. You did an amazing job. I couldn't pick a favourite if you paid me.

CJWilkes's picture
Joined: 01/04/09
Posts: 880

Beautiful!!! Congratulations - so sweet!

La123's picture
Joined: 04/11/08
Posts: 815

Thank you everyone!

"kris10gal" wrote:

Gorgeous Lauren! I hope I can get some as good as these! I've been meaning to ask you where you got your furry blanket? I found some fabric at the fabric store, but it doesn't look as nice as yours. We did art linen for our Christmas cards this year and they turned out fabulous! I'm thinking we'll use the same for our LO's announcements Smile His little smile is too cute!!

The blanket is a fake sheepskin from ikea. It was $10 Biggrin I have another white fur one from walmart, but this one has a more textured look. I can't wait to see pics of your new little guy!

"Jeffininer" wrote:

I came out of lurkdom and logged in through the annoyingly long login process to tell you these are amazing!!! The creaminess of the skin and the focus is spot on. Your black and whites are just stunning. My favorite is #3, the pose, processing, and composition are just too sweet to not love. Also, great job on the announcment. Love the pencil/hand drawn look.

I would say you have some great talent for newborns!

Thank you so much... I can't decide if I like shooting newborns yet, they sure make you work for it! I actually bought the template for the announcements from Oh Snap! boutique.. I don't bother with making them anymore... I'm just not that great at it.

Muddee's picture
Joined: 03/13/08
Posts: 2119

First off, your baby is ADORABLE!

I also think you did a great job taking pictures of your little one, I don't know how you picked just one for the announcement.

EL2
EL2's picture
Joined: 12/05/07
Posts: 1665

#3 & 5 are my favorite. He is just adorable!

cazzoom's picture
Joined: 06/22/02
Posts: 1315

What a gorgeous baby boy. I love his name too Biggrin

You do such great work. I guess the one upside to it being your own is 24 hour access Biggrin

Cazz

Joined: 01/18/06
Posts: 402

These shots are gorgeous! I love his cute little "smile" in #3. I wonder what he's dreaming about! You do a great job with the bold contrast in your B&Ws, too.

ButtonsMama's picture
Joined: 12/05/05
Posts: 283

Absolutely gorgeous! Both your work AND the baby! Congratulations!

Amy_&_Eva's picture
Joined: 08/23/07
Posts: 2378

Beautiful!

sadieruth's picture
Joined: 06/09/05
Posts: 6178

AMAZING! LOVE the announcement! I think you did a great job. I would be overjoyed if these were my kids.

Can you give me an idea of your processing on #3. I only have PSE.

La123's picture
Joined: 04/11/08
Posts: 815

"sadieruth" wrote:

AMAZING! LOVE the announcement! I think you did a great job. I would be overjoyed if these were my kids.

Can you give me an idea of your processing on #3. I only have PSE.

Hmm.... I don't remember the exact steps I took. There were several color balance layers in there. (skin is not my strong area!) I ran portraiture, and masked back all the edges and details, then lowered the opacity to 50 or so. Curves layer - pulled up the middle. (I'm pretty sure you can do that with levels on PSE) another curves layer, this time a slight S curve set to luminosity. I used the healing brush tool to even out the blanket a bit. Ran LB honey, and adjusted. I think that's pretty much it Smile

connorsmum's picture
Joined: 11/29/02
Posts: 1160

Awww, I love them all! Sucha gorgeous baby. Your B&W's are TDF and as with everyone else, I love #3. *sigh* Almost makes me want another, lol!

Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 621

just beautiful! I love them all Smile

Joined: 10/26/01
Posts: 3409

you are giving me a serious case of baby fever (DH will be so happy)!!!

The photos are lovely and your lo just plain ADORABLE!

Thanks for sharing!

GiGi

Ladybugsteph's picture
Joined: 06/21/06
Posts: 2977

Oh Lauren, he is beautiful! Congratulations again!

mlark1128's picture
Joined: 05/09/07
Posts: 742

Congratulations, he is just gorgeous and these photos are wonderful! It's true, for the record, photographing your own newborn is much harder than someone else's baby! You have to play the role of photographer AND mom and it's not easy. You did great!

JDBabyHopes's picture
Joined: 02/16/09
Posts: 1149

He is just beautiful!! I love these shots!! And his smile is to DIE for!!! What an amazing job!

reeveslady's picture
Joined: 11/23/05
Posts: 1423

Just gorgeous!

Joined: 07/30/06
Posts: 835

Gorgeous. I love them all!!